Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I guess you can be doubly disappointed, the Alliance didn't gain Tirisfall.

Much like the Horde doesn't get Teldrassil
    I would concede though that Teldrassil seems hardly salvageable compared to Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Why am I not surprised that even when we both lose a capital, Alliance players still find a way to argue they come off worse.
    I'm even more surprised how Lordaeron has degraded from ultimate wet dream to worthless decaying land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I'd rather see void elves that don't resemble high elves as closely as this because they're.. void elves. If you make a void elf that looks completely the same as the average Alliance high elf, then what about its appearance makes it a void elf?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean, they could have made them both.
    Example:
    The elves under Auric Sunchaser (the ones who followed Alleria to Outland), returned to Quel'thalas but due to their Alliance ties they were mostly rejected and only grudgingly allowed access to the Sunwell. So have them settle in the Ghostlands (because Rommath does not allow them into Silvermoon) and there, they study the Void (perhaps after finding some relic left there by the Scourge or the Old Horde like the one that was made into the Ashbringer).

It would give the Alliance a group of High Elves (who were not Blood Elves not by choice but largely because they were cut off and the Blood Elves they did meet from Kael's group were murderous bastards) that had strong ties to Alleria and the Sons of Lothar (and by extension the Alliance military) that never really had any issue with the Blood Elves of Quel'thalas and thus could be considered Blood Elves as well. It would also close the chapter of High Elves in the Alliance. For extra fun, have something happen to Vereesa and her few remaining Covenant members (seriously for all their "tiny" numbers, the Silver Covenant have participated in more Alliance military engagements than many of the more established groups).

I mean we still don't know who exactly these Void Elves are. It's not unlikely that some of them will be named NPCs we have already encountered.
    1.) They COULD have, but they didn't and it's too late to change.

2.) They are probably the Sunreavers under Aethas doing something deeply stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well now they just look like death knights!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god, we don't need Aethas you can have him. Heck N'zoth can have him
    Look you wanted the model, you got the model, the least you can suffer is to take Aethas off our hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why am I not surprised that even when we both lose a capital, Alliance players still find a way to argue they come off worse.
    Well we both lose one, but Lordaeron isn't burned to the ground

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Why are you pleased about that? It means Lordaeron can be retaken.

- - - Updated - - -

That's just not a fair trade At least make sure to kill Vereesa then!
    If that happens it might be a prelude to the High Elves leaving the Alliance permanently. I wouldn't put it bast Blizzard to use the Void Elves as part of an overall effort to end this High Elf issue once and for all.

No, but it could be a hole in the ground if undercity is blown up and the top part of Lordaron caves into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    No, but it could be a hole in the ground if undercity is blown up and the top part of Lordaron caves into it.
    Well they did say Lordaeron was 'indefensible'...and I definitely would NOT put it past Sylvanas (who has had years to prepare for this threat) to booby trap the city so as to deny it to the Alliance.

In fact I sort of expect this. I bet in 8.0 there will be a cinematic which sees the Horde falling back suddenly, Greymane going 'they're retreating! Forces of the Alliance, forward!'.

They surge into the city, they see the Horde vanishing through portals. Sylvanas turns one last hateful glare towards the Alliance forces before retreating through. The portal closes.

The Alliance troops will start celebrating but Anduin will feel uncomfortable. Something is bothering him...something doesn't feel right. He immediately orders an Alliance retreat out of the city.

Greymane would be incredulous but Anduin would force the issue.

Alliance forces stream out of Lordaeron as rapidly as they can, and then they hear the detonations. Huge Goblin bombs have destroyed the structural supports within the Undercity, causing the roof to literally cave into the now abandoned Forsaken capital (you can imagine huge chunks of masonry falling into the locations within Undercity that are familiar to Horde players within the cinematic to drive home what is happening). And Lordaeron, which rested on top of the Undercity, collapses into the huge pit. The city is utterly destroyed.

Genn and Anduin watch on in shock. Genn will be furious she destroyed Lordaeron, he will feel she got away and stopped them reclaiming the city. Anduin will point out this is a huge Alliance victory, and the Dark Lady is now a Queen without a kingdom.

The above is speculation, but I have to believe the Undercity and Lordaeron have to be utterly destroyed to be indefensible. It parallels the destruction of Teldrassil, and it means Horde players who participate in the opening scenario will lose the city but deny the Alliance a prize whereas the Alliance will beat the Horde but not get the city. Nobody is fully happy and both sides are angry at each other...just like it was after the Broken Shore.

Well they did say Lordaeron was 'indefensible'...and I definitely would NOT put it past Sylvanas (who has had years to prepare for this threat) to booby trap the city so as to deny it to the Alliance.

In fact I sort of expect this. I bet in 8.0 there will be a cinematic which sees the Horde falling back suddenly, Greymane going 'they're retreating! Forces of the Alliance, forward!'.

They surge into the city, they see the Horde vanishing through portals. Sylvanas turns one last hateful glare towards the Alliance forces before retreating through. The portal closes.

The Alliance troops will start celebrating but Anduin will feel uncomfortable. Something is bothering him...something doesn't feel right. He immediately orders an Alliance retreat out of the city.

Greymane would be incredulous but Anduin would force the issue.

Alliance forces stream out of Lordaeron as rapidly as they can, and then they hear the detonations. Huge Goblin bombs have destroyed the structural supports within the Undercity, causing the roof to literally cave into the now abandoned Forsaken capital (you can imagine huge chunks of masonry falling into the locations within Undercity that are familiar to Horde players within the cinematic to drive home what is happening). And Lordaeron, which rested on top of the Undercity, collapses into the huge pit. The city is utterly destroyed.

Genn and Anduin watch on in shock. Genn will be furious she destroyed Lordaeron, he will feel she got away and stopped them reclaiming the city. Anduin will point out this is a huge Alliance victory, and the Dark Lady is now a Queen without a kingdom.

The above is speculation, but I have to believe the Undercity and Lordaeron have to be utterly destroyed to be indefensible. It parallels the destruction of Teldrassil, and it means Horde players who participate in the opening scenario will lose the city but deny the Alliance a prize whereas the Alliance will beat the Horde but not get the city. Nobody is fully happy and both sides are angry at each other...just like it was after the Broken Shore.
    Ehhhhhhhh. If the Horde burns Teldrassil, I think the Alliance will be the ones to utterly destroy the Undercity in a violent sack. If only to return the favor of destroying a capital city.

Maybe Anduin will take one good look at the Apothecarium and the state of the city and he just throws up his arms and orders the whole undercity and the Capital city completely destroyed to deny it to the Horde. Or just to remove any trace of the horrific things that were done there.

Also. He should mercy-kill that mind-slave. Just put her out of her misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Ehhhhhhhh. If the Horde burns Teldrassil, I think the Alliance will be the ones to utterly destroy the Undercity in a violent sack. If only to return the favor of destroying a capital city.

Maybe Anduin will take one good look at the Apothecarium and the state of the city and he just throws up his arms and orders the whole undercity and the Capital city completely destroyed to deny it to the Horde. Or just to remove any trace of the horrific things that were done there.

Also. He should mercy-kill that mind-slave. Just put her out of her misery.
    Manduin wont look at anything its Genn controlling shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

I mean, they could have made them both.
    Example:
    The elves under Auric Sunchaser (the ones who followed Alleria to Outland), returned to Quel'thalas but due to their Alliance ties they were mostly rejected and only grudgingly allowed access to the Sunwell. So have them settle in the Ghostlands (because Rommath does not allow them into Silvermoon) and there, they study the Void (perhaps after finding some relic left there by the Scourge or the Old Horde like the one that was made into the Ashbringer).

It would give the Alliance a group of High Elves (who were not Blood Elves not by choice but largely because they were cut off and the Blood Elves they did meet from Kael's group were murderous bastards) that had strong ties to Alleria and the Sons of Lothar (and by extension the Alliance military) that never really had any issue with the Blood Elves of Quel'thalas and thus could be considered Blood Elves as well. It would also close the chapter of High Elves in the Alliance. For extra fun, have something happen to Vereesa and her few remaining Covenant members (seriously for all their "tiny" numbers, the Silver Covenant have participated in more Alliance military engagements than many of the more established groups).

I mean we still don't know who exactly these Void Elves are. It's not unlikely that some of them will be named NPCs we have already encountered.
    They wanted to give the Alliance players a long-awaited addition and have screwed up in a magificently royal way. As a result of this kind of thinking, they believe the Alliance players are recieving an amazing addition, while in reality they've recieved a race that'll most likely be the most hated race in WoW overall; the Horde will enjoy killing them and the Alliance will facepalm watching at void elves and imagining what could've been. Don't get me wrong, many will play a void elf because they are into Alliance high elves and will take whatever they can get, but it'll be a bitter experience overall.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-27 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They wanted to give the Alliance players a long-awaited addition and have screwed up in a magificently royal way. As a result of this kind of thinking, they believe the Alliance players are recieving an amazing addition, while in reality they've recieved a race that'll most likely be the most hated race in WoW overall; the Horde will enjoy killing them and the Alliance will facepalm watching at void elves and imagining what could've been. Don't get me wrong, many will play a void elf because they are into Alliance high elves and will take whatever they can get, but it'll be a bitter experience overall.
    If that's how it's received then it's self inflicted. You invested too heavily in the goal of getting a clone of a Horde race, and that's all High Elves could be in the end. Void Elves are an obvious ass pull but they are as close as you are going to get.

The vast majority of people who wanted to play a High Elf went over to the Horde a long time ago. A huge chunk of those who simply couldn't leave the Alliance and waited for High Elves will be satisfied with Void Elves.

The remainder, who aren't satisfied with Void Elves and still want the clone are out of luck.

Deleted
    If that's how it's received then it's self inflicted. You invested too heavily in the goal of getting a clone of a Horde race, and that's all High Elves could be in the end. Void Elves are an obvious ass pull but they are as close as you are going to get.

The vast majority of people who wanted to play a High Elf went over to the Horde a long time ago. A huge chunk of those who simply couldn't leave the Alliance and waited for High Elves will be satisfied with Void Elves.

The remainder, who aren't satisfied with Void Elves and still want the clone are out of luck.
    The High Elves more or less WERE Vereesa and Alleria. They aren't very prominent and with Alleria "joining the dark side" and Vereesa (maybe?) dead, there really is very little room for High Elves to exist. Just take a look at their presence in Suramar they had what, a tent and two archers compared to the war camps of the Night Elves and Blood Elves.

If Vereesa really dies at Teldrassil as speculated, I think it would be the nail in the coffin of the High Elves. Where should they fit in? Where do they excel at, what makes them unique? At this point they are humans with pointy ears, even Elisande calls them out for "diluting" their bloodline.

"You invested too heavily into getting a clone"

What did I invest exactly? Why do you think I'm getting anything or wanting to get anything? Do you think I'm an Alliance high elf fan because I think normal high elves would make more sense on the Alliance side than some asspull void-type of elves? That's a stereotype of yours.

I've always wanted new troll tribes/types and new dwarven types and I've got exactly what I wanted(except for ogres, but I'm positive we'll get them soon enough). The point is that me getting what I want doesn't make illogical additions right and turning a blind eye to a senseless addition and the fact that so many are discontent doesn't make my position any better. People on this board seem to genuinely enjoy when either the Horde or the Alliance get something they didn't want or something really useless/messed up and then take the piss out of people.

Normal high elves would've made sense to have in the Alliance through their sheer aesthetics and lore. They're the only of their kind that remained what they were in the past. What they did is a huge disfavour to anyone who has ever wanted any type of high elf in the Alliance. Besides these people who are fans of Alliance high elves, the rest will have to put up with having void elves which nobody in their right mind ever wanted to see.

The whole point of my post is how high elves fit into the Alliance more than any other addition and I'm talking about the normal high elves that've always been Alliance. If Blizzard weren't going to add these, then they shouldn't have added void elves in the first place. It is like cyborg ogres; nobody ever heard of them, nobody ever wanted them, but they're a type of ogres and hey, people should be grateful if Blizzard added them? Of course not. This is why I can understand why the high elf Alliance fans are annoyed. I would be annoyed if I got cyborg ogres.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-11-27 at 03:26 PM.

Am I the only person who is not excited about any of the new race models? They are blowing this up and marketing it as such a huge feature. For someone like myself who plays the same main and has a few alts; there is no fucking way I'm going to level new characters just because there are new races/race armors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    Am I the only person who is not excited about any of the new race models? They are blowing this up and marketing it as such a huge feature. For someone like myself who plays the same main and has a few alts; there is no fucking way I'm going to level new characters just because there are new races/race armors.
    Yeah you’re the only one on the planet that thinks this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    "You invested too heavily into getting a clone"

What did I invest exactly? Why do you think I'm getting anything or wanting to get anything? Do you think I'm an Alliance high elf fan because I think normal high elves would make more sense on the Alliance side than some asspull void-type of elves? That's a stereotype of yours.

I've always wanted new troll tribes/types and new dwarven types and I've got exactly what I wanted(except for ogres, but I'm positive we'll get them soon enough). The point is that me getting what I want doesn't make illogical additions right and turning a blind eye to a senseless addition and the fact that so many are discontent doesn't make my position any better. People on this board seem to genuinely enjoy when either the Horde or the Alliance get something they didn't want or something really useless/messed up and then take the piss out of people.

Normal high elves would've made sense to have in the Alliance through their sheer aesthetics and lore. They're the only of their kind that remained what they were in the past. What they did is a huge disfavour to anyone who has ever wanted any type of high elf in the Alliance. Besides these people who are fans of Alliance high elves, the rest will have to put up with having void elves which nobody in their right mind ever wanted to see.

The whole point of my post is how high elves fit into the Alliance more than any other addition and I'm talking about the normal high elves that've always been Alliance. If Blizzard weren't going to add these, then they shouldn't have added void elves in the first place. It is like cyborg ogres; nobody ever heard of them, nobody ever wanted them, but they're a type of ogres and hey, people should be grateful if Blizzard added them? Of course not. This is why I can understand why the high elf Alliance fans are annoyed. I would be annoyed if I got cyborg ogres.
    But your entire post falls apart because you ignore the reason High Elves weren't added. Because you ignore the reason Blizzard created Void Elves. Because if you didn't ignore the reason there'd be nothing to argue over, you'd see the folly of the request.

High Elves are playable, have been playable for over a decade and will continue to be playable. This isn't about the race at all but the faction.

You just don't want to play Horde.

That's fine. But you shouldn't be privileged to be play a Horde race if you don't want to be Horde. You got a model that is a 90% match, just a void mutant version.

If that isn't going enough, then I feel nothing for the players who feel that. They deny themselves the chance to play the race because they have prioritized their faction.

That is their decision. They should own it.

Well Lordaeron almost needs to burned down to get rid of the all the undead stuff=P.

I bet the Horde druids can do something with the tree, not to mention Horde has control over all the magic elf well, while alliance got an old ruined cool city=P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feril View Post
    Hmmm... no... just, no...

High Elves are Alliance, so you can't really faction change for that. It's just not possible to be Horde and High Elf, it clashes completely with the nature of High Elves. No one wants to be a High Elf and be forced to attack your real allies and friends, it's a non-solution.
    The Blood Elves were once the high elves, however after Arthas ravaged Quel'thalas Kael'thas renamed them Blood Elves. The High Elves who were not supportive of Kael (IE sucking magic out of arcane creatures in order to survive addiction) split off.

quote from blizzard watch

Blood Elves (Sin’dorei, or ‘Children of the Blood’ in Thalassian) are the bulk of the survivors of the High Elves. They were forever changed by the rampage of Arthas’ Scourge army, and his assault on Quel’Thalas as part of his master’s plan to use the Sunwell to reanimate Kel’Thuzad as a mighty Lich. Nine out of every 10 High Elves were slain in the process, and the survivors were renamed Blood Elves to honor their sacrifice, as well as personify their drive to continue their people whatever the cost. Today Blood Elves are a part of the Horde, using their hereditary gift with the arcane to earn their place.

Not to mention Blizzard themselves confirmed this and said High Elves are pretty much blood elves...

Just because you don't know know the lore/want to accept the lore doesn't mean that the game designers, the story writers, the people that made this thing are wrong and you are right.

if you need cannon Elves were forbidden to use Fel magic....those that did were exiled....guess where they might go if their faction disowns them ...hmmm