Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh so you want to get on my "very mature" list too? Ok, off you go.
    I guess you had nothing then huh? What a pity. Well, it’s nice of you to lay down and admit defeat at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I don't know why people attempt engaging with Elm, he lacks basic manners and has a misplaced superiority complex
    Makes you wonder what the mods are doing. Are they doing anything even? Do we have 2 active mods? Sure fucking feels like it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Well, they are pests. But I still wouldn't torture them, or use glue traps (I'm guessing they are illegal here, anyway). I have captured and released a couple of mice. Don't think they were harmed. Except maybe by the sheer cold outside.

However, if you start finding many rodents in your house? I'd go lethal on their asses, before they cause problems. I'd probably use some sort of poison. Regular mouse traps are unreliable at killing efficiently, and leave them to suffer for a long time. Smashing them with blunt object might be the most humane way to kill, but you might not get all of them that way, and with rodents that gnaw everything and breed quickly, getting all of them is the way to go.
    At least in my family we used some extra powerful mouse traps that would kill them instantly by snapping their neck/spine. We usually had 1 or 2 somehow sneak in every winter when it got really cold outside.

I guess you could release them but in that case they might die anyway and you would have to do that in some far away location so they don't come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    The fleas carried the plague, actually. And new research suggests that gerbils were responsible for spreading them. Not that it matters anyway, the plague is irrelevant here... we're not living in the Middle Ages any more. We don't shit in our streets, we don't blame cats for being the devil, we don't use leeches to cure bacterial infections (there's a wonderful thing called antibiotics), etc. The common house mouse isn't typically a carrier anyway.
    Cats are the devil!!

And kinda off topic but related did you see where the plague in it's airborne state was making a comeback in some African countries? Just thinking about the toll it took on the world a few times before and with a lot of illnesses getting resistant to meds its some scary stuff.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Heidelstein View Post
    Don't go claiming someone from the UK aren't correct about their own laws when you don't even know the specific law in question.
    The law doesn't claim the glue traps are illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    And SOME humans are garbage human beings with shite morals and no respect for the planet we live on and its inhabitants (to varying degrees), while others are trying to work against it (to varying degrees), and some are just neutral.
    Some? Most.

I don't hold many people in high regard. Most have the "I'll be dead by then" attitude.

I torture bugs especially ants because they are disgusting and try to eat my food.

Because people can't have more than one issue affecting them at any given time, amirite?
    Your coffee being cold ought to rank higher on the things that upset you than what happens to some rodents.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    Uhhhh No? We may have flourished by its at the destruction of everything else.

Man has been one of the most destructive species on this planet. We twist everything to suit our own needs and destroy what isn't wanted. The pace of living animals/insects/plants have been lost in the past 200 years then at any other time in history is staggering. Gradual loss/replacement over time is expected. Man is destroying everything.

There are a select few who truly want to fit in to the natural world.

There are just too many people for this to be possible. And it will catch up with us one day.
    I'm just impressed you've been able to fashion a computer, generate electricity, and maintain an internet connection using all biodegradable materials from that subsistance farm you must be living on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The law doesn't claim the glue traps are illegal.
    He never said that they were. So what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Your coffee being cold ought to rank higher on the things that upset you than what happens to some rodents.
    Why? I don't consider a cup of coffee more important than the welfare of a living creature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, it isn't it's mine, i own it mine, and those who own their houses theirs, and they don't have to share.
    The point

"all kinds of stuff flying"

Your head.

That just isn't how nature works, all land belongs to nature, that you have made some deal with your own species that none of that species will come into your home doesn't mean jack shit to rats, mice, raccoons or any other animal. Be sure to sue the crap out of that next bird that sits on your roof for trespassing, the people at the court might give you a new home and a shirt with very long sleeves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Makes you wonder what the mods are doing. Are they doing anything even? Do we have 2 active mods? Sure fucking feels like it.
    Too busy infracting stupid shit and closing down topics of potential interest

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about bugs, but for mice or small rodents just use a classic snap trap and end it quickly. Glue traps I do not like. They look messy and the animal looks to be suffering.

I am not some nutjob PETA activist or anything, but if you are getting rid of pests as in any kind of non-bug animal, make it painless and swift.

Why? I don't consider a cup of coffee more important than the welfare of a living creature.
    Because rodents are pests and beneath your concern. The fact you have so much concern for them is indicative of you not having enough real concerns in your life to keep your mind occupied. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Generally speaking, when a society attains a certain level of power and affluence, its people become lethargic and consumed with trivialities. It’s sad, but inevitable. Carry on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I don't care about bugs, but for mice or small rodents just use a classic snap trap and end it quickly. Glue traps I do not like. They look messy and the animal looks to be suffering.

I am not some nutjob PETA activist or anything, but if you are getting rid of pests as in any kind of non-bug animal, make it painless and swift.
    I agree that’s the way I’d do it, but I can’t gin up enough give a damn if someone wants to torture some rodents to get emotionally affected over it. There are far more important issues going on in the world more worthy of my attention. Things like, who’s getting into the college football playoff since Auburn beat Alabama?

People acting like animals are on the same level as humans are honestly deluded.

No. We have surpassed most animals. Does that mean we should "torture" animals? Certainly not. There are enough traps that are basically insta-death, and they are more humane. But if they inconvenience us, we absolutely should get rid of them.

Alas, our superiority is our weakness in this case, as "lower" animals don't possess the cognitive ability to deal with things like morality or ethics.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People acting like animals are on the same level as humans are honestly deluded.

No. We have surpassed most animals. Does that mean we should "torture" animals? Certainly not. But if they inconvenience us, we absolutely should get rid of them.
    That kind of logic is going to trigger the hell out of some people here

That kind of logic is going to trigger the hell out of some people here
    I know, but it's the truth. We still don't know if animals actually have the ability to have thoughts, and most signs point to them just reacting to instincts.

Because rodents are pests and beneath your concern. The fact you have so much concern for them is indicative of you not having enough real concerns in your life to keep your mind occupied. Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Generally speaking, when a society attains a certain level of power and affluence, its people become lethargic and consumed with trivialities. It’s sad, but inevitable. Carry on.
    Well, no, they're not. Certainly not below a cup of coffee, you dimwit. And how do you measure my level of concern? Over a few internet posts where I express my thoughts on the matter? It's not indicative of anything except you being a bullshit-artist.

Well, no, they're not. Certainly not below a cup of coffee, you dimwit. And how do you measure my level of concern? Over a few internet posts where I express my thoughts on the matter? It's not indicative of anything except you being a bullshit-artist.
    You think I'm an artist? Well that's just lovely. I measure your concern based on your comments taking them at face value. The cup of coffee actually impacts your life. A few dead rodents does not. In fact, it probably improves your life. Unless you're being insincere, the amount of concern you give to things like this is more than is appropriate. Now I agree, going out of your way to be cruel is unnecessary, but these are mice we're talking about. They're not really worth anything aproaching outrage. You ought not to care any more about this than some kid frying ants with a magnifying glass.

There are far more important issues going on in the world more worthy of my attention. Things like, who’s getting into the college football playoff since Auburn beat Alabama?
    Then why are you in this thread? Where's this comment in all the other relatively trivial threads (which are 99% of them)?

You're a walking, talking logical fallacy. An obnoxious one at that. If we are use this same relative privation fallacy, no one should care if someone physically assaults you because kids are starving in Africa.

How wonderful, however, that the human mind can ponder and speak about many issues simultaneously. If you want to prioritise the temperature of your coffee over someone torturing rodents, then by all means. But don't go suggesting people ought to have the same priorities as you do. If you want to go down that road, I can just as easily argue why prioritising a cold cup of coffee over someone torturing animals is completely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Generally if you have rats you probably have bigger issues
    We get mice quite a bit. Oddly, enough I've never seen a rat outside of a petstore.

You think I'm an artist? Well that's just lovely. I measure your concern based on your comments taking them at face value. The cup of coffee actually impacts your life. A few dead rodents does not. In fact, it probably improves your life. Unless you're being insincere, the amount of concern you give to things like this is more than is appropriate. Now I agree, going out of your way to be cruel is unnecessary, but these are mice we're talking about. They're not really worth anything aproaching outrage. You ought not to care any more about this than some kid frying ants with a magnifying glass.
    It doesn't matter if they're mice. It's called having empathy and respect for other living things. That you think they're not worth my time is your concern, not mine. Perhaps you ought to stop measuring how busy/not busy my life is based on a couple of posts on a gaming messageboard.