Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Keiste View Post
    I think they should make different travel forms for every race that can be druids.
    That would be ideal, but bearing in mind how they don't even bother with giving each race a unique Moonkin form with 5 colour options (like cat and bear forms) but just 1 common form with 1 colour per race... and that's a form you are in 99% of the time when you spec into Balance... I highly doubt they will bother to create a unique model for a form you use like... 10% of the time when you're outside.

First and foremost, Tauren Druids are said to be the first druids (I know it hurts for anyone who played WC3), but they lost that knowledge. Since you seem to don´t know why, it was because of the Old Gods. During the Black Empire they served the Old Gods (as slaves?), and lost their connection to the Earth Mother, such a fate that to this day they are ashamed of. It was after WC3 that they met the NE and Cenarius that they regained such knowledge.

Tauren priests/paladins if I recall correctly was because they met the Argent Crusade in WotLK and saw how priests and paladins dealt with the undead. So some warriors and shamans/druids (can´t remember which one was the class to change to priest, sorry :P) thought that they could find other ways to heal and do physical combat, so they turned to An'she (sun) splitting up from Mu'sha (moon). Now that I type this, I think it was a restoration druid to become the first tauren priest. (class change anyone?).

Now about allied races, I do think you are overdoing it. Blizzard has chosen the lazy way. You start level 20, so that we don´t need to do a starting area. You get druids, but we will reuse tauren and troll forms, the only change is that tauren forms get another horn and trolls another reused raptor for travel form, and keeps the bear/cat as the original trolls.

For me the whole concept is wrong on allied forms. I mean, we should just go to the baber shop and have and option to choose what kind of tauren you are (mulgore, highmountain, taunka, yaungol), and then you choose what features of such subrace you will use. To be forced to level a subrace just feels wrong to me. Even though I do understand that point of view for the NE for Horde (Nightborne) and BE for Alliance (Void Elves).

I do understand the issue for the alliance to be upset about it. Since I do have 24 characters (one of each class for each faction), I know how both sides sees things. I do wish both sides got better options. I will probably not level any allied races, unless they do release a new class. (I got all the tokens we got from expansions and they are unused, I will probably have all chars up to 110 by the time BfA hits).

Edit: for corrections, might still be issues since I am not a native english speaker.
    Last edited by Soultrigger; 2017-11-26 at 09:28 PM.

To me, allied races are just a way to disguise the lack of new class features this expansion. Leveling them from 20 so they can squeeze race change money out of people who don't want to put up with the bullshit leveling grind and leveling up professions again, especially fishing and archaeology, on a new toon.

BfA just seems completely devoid of substance, like yet another Warlords of Draenor that banks on nostalgia to carry it through.

First and foremost, Tauren Druids are said to be the first druids (I know it hurts for anyone who played WC3), but they lost that knowledge. Since you seem to don´t know why, it was because of the Old Gods. During the Black Empire they served the Old Gods (as slaves?), and lost their connection to the Earth Mother, such a fate that to this day they are ashamed of. It was after WC3 that they met the NE and Cenarius that they regained such knowledge.

Malfurion is the first druid confirmed by the chronicle. Cenarius taught the tauren/yaungol first but none of them became druid.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-11-27 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    To me, allied races are just a way to disguise the lack of new class features this expansion. Leveling them from 20 so they can squeeze race change money out of people who don't want to put up with the bullshit leveling grind and leveling up professions again, especially fishing and archaeology, on a new toon.
    Every new race released in WoW required you to level from 1. You couldn't use the new races to play DK(because you could skip 55 lvls) nor could you race change to the new race for like the first 30(?) days. Pretty restrictive!

The allied races are clearly handled better. You can race change immediately once unlocked. You start at lvl20 instead of lvl1 and they have already said that are looking into how to handle the DK situation as some races makes sense(Dark Iron Dwarf was mentioned).

With Heirlooms and a reduced xp requirement for Legion, leveling to 110 will be really fast post BfA for people that want a throwaway alt just to get the transmog gear for your account.

I agree that BfA seems pretty filler, but I think the Allied races are being handled really well.

Calm the fuck down people. They have said that the allied races they've announced aren't the only ones. I'm sure they'll make another fucking allied race on the fucking Alliance that is fucking going to have the ability to be a fucking Druid and will have a fucking new fucking travel form. Christ it's just a fucking travel form.

might actually bother to roll a druid.

Disappointing that Raptor travel form is probably all they're getting.

It should've been:

"Bear form": Direhorn
    "Cat form": Raptor
    Aquatic form: Threshadon.
    Travel form: I don't know, maybe just a different raptor-type (as travel form tends to be close to cat form). Or serpent.
    Flying form: Bat or pterrordax or hawk
    "Moonkin form": Either not a animal form at all (just visual effect) or some weird humanoid version of some of the other zandalari loa types (spider, serpent or hawk) or even a scaly dinosaur-looking moonkin. With teeth.

Edit: I'd prefer if everything about Worgen druids would just be a wolf-like being over the different forms (which is not far from how it is now). Thinking about Darkspear druids, they should just've had some visual effect in "moonkin form" (instead of turning into moonkin), and instead powering themselves by the loa Shango. Troll cat form is fine and the only problem I face is in regards to bear form. I can also accept Tauren and Night Elves sharing similar kinda forms.
    Last edited by Nihilux; 2017-11-30 at 03:17 AM.

At least for those of us who played Legion, we'll have various forms to choose from thanks to the artifact appearances. For any new players/druids they will only have the stock feral/bear/travel forms which is where the "no new forms for Zandalari" will hurt the most.

The regular troll forms for cat/bear and even flight(because new players/druids won't have the Legion owl flight) will really suck as a Zandalari.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    At least for those of us who played Legion, we'll have various forms to choose from thanks to the artifact appearances. For any new players/druids they will only have the stock feral/bear/travel forms which is where the "no new forms for Zandalari" will hurt the most.
    Any player can go back to Legion content and obtain the Artifact forms, if they are so inclined (minus Mage Tower and M+15).

Waiting for the horde outcry when Ally gets Furbolgs as a race and the rage when they can choose between bear form and their bipedal form and actually wear armor as a tank

And then I'll be waiting for the Ally rage when horde gets the new fox race and get to do the same for cat form

Fuck now I want to be a Furbolg rogue
    Last edited by gtfo_my_internets; 2017-11-30 at 06:30 PM.

My wife wants gnomes to be druids for alliance, and their individual forms would be the textures of the battles pets associated with each. I'm game for some chibi-druid action.

Well, the Highmountain druid forms were a pleasant surprise. New antlers, face paint, tribal ornaments and a MF moose form to travel