Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    I was really hoping to see new stuff. That aside, I'm looking forward to seeing a few things information wise:

1. What are the Nightborne racials?
    2. Can allied races be added in a patch?
    3. Are we seriously stuck with a plate set for Dark Irons and a cloth set for Nightborne? Especially the Nightborne, dude. Their race has the best aesthetic in the game, and we're only going to get ONE set ported for them? For real?
    Unlock the armor for X race. All characters of X race can wear that armor regardless of armor type.

Dark Iron Mages can wear the cosmetic plate set. Nightborne Warriors can wear the cosmetic cloth set.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I still think it's dumb that the Nightborne went to the Horde. I could understand a faction, but all of Suramar?

Same thing with the Dark Irons. Not all of them are loyal to Moira.
    The Blood Elves are more appealing to them as they have a common problem; they're both meth elves.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

I wish that BFA will come with 1 free race change, then I'd be more excited about new allied races. I'm excited that there's fresh new races to level with, but I cant shake just seeing each race as a 25 dollar cash grab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Ok, dear MMOC and indirectly WoWhead: you're the news sites for people that watch the news like a hawk and know everything that's current, because you report it, thank you for that. When we see a new post or a tweet we'd appreciate if it was for this audience, not an "ICYMI" kinda post that brings the aforementioned audience's hearts into their throats thinking there's new info, when in fact there is not. We have google for "ICYMI."

I know, you need clicks, but this recent trend is getting annoying.

Thank you.
    This news post was one of the first one in weeks I read entirely, so piss off with your anecdotal evidence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highmountain have bad racials? I disagree, charge stun for pvp, flat damage reduction that if you were a warrior with how the prot system works could mean you take even less damage through your rage shield. Versatility is a decent tank stat and really extra food mats means easier cooking or more gold generation via the AH. Faster mining means quicker JC/BS/ENG ore gathering, or you can use him just to farm ore to sell. To be fair that means HM tauren get 2 bonuses to gathering raw materials and thats huge!

Void Elves suck.

So.... literally Void Elves are Blood elves lorewise. They couldn't actually make them High Elves but instead give the alliance a Horde race? The Nightborne make sense. They've been out of touch for thousands of years with Night Elves. Blood Elves are fairly new. Like... what 30 years?

It's an in-depth preview but they left out so much information on racials? Kind of strange...

"While the basic skeleton model for each of these races resemble existing ones..." lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    So.... literally Void Elves are Blood elves likewise. They couldn't actually make them High Elves but instead, give the alliance a Horde race? The Nightborne make sense. They've been out of touch for thousands of years with Night Elves. Blood Elves are fairly new. Like... what 30 years?
    High Elves are Blood Elves, there is no difference and using the terms separately doesn't make sense. When the Sunwell was corrupted all the "High" Elves of Azeroth fell under the same affliction and the hunger for magic hit all of them from Archers to Master Magi. The Sin'dorei or children of the blood is the name giving to the survivors of the Scourging of Quel'Thalas. So again All the "high" Elves are "blood" elves there is no difference.

The Void Elves were banished for their tampering with the void, it makes sense now that Alliera is all voided out that they would seek her out, for acceptance and to help them control it. There is no way she would leave Turalyon and with the Army of the Light joining the Alliance or a least a some/most of it, it makes sense they would join the Alliance. *On a side note the loyalty of the Highborn have always been in question for their entire existence, they only care for themselves so again switching sides is very lore friendly.*

The lore here is 100% solid but I do understand what you're saying and for me, it's clear what Blizzard is doing. Since Elves are the most popular race by far in wow and combined I think the Elves make up almost the player base. By giving the Horde Night Elves and the Alliance Blood Elves it looks like there are trying to balance the sides in some way.

I personally might roll a Z-troll for fun but I'm an Orc man and will be waiting for my Blackrock/Dragonmaw and Brown-skinned version before I subrace.
    Last edited by Dekas; 2017-11-27 at 02:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasandriel View Post
    - Horde getting 2 more races which can be druids, that totals 4. Meanwhile alliance still only have 2? That boat's not gonna float really!
    - What drove the Nightborne to become allied with the Horde? Why not have this race as a neutral race that can become Alliance/Horde (like the Pandaren?)
    Tyrande was a cunt to Thalyrssa.

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    3. Are we seriously stuck with a plate set for Dark Irons and a cloth set for Nightborne? Especially the Nightborne, dude. Their race has the best aesthetic in the game, and we're only going to get ONE set ported for them? For real?

Read the post, it says it can be mogged to any armour type.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolfor View Post
    At no point in World of Warcraft's history has the Horde ever been "the bad guys." Hell, they weren't even "the bad guys" in Warcraft 3. Furthermore, it doesn't even say that the Void Elves were cast out of Blood Elf society BECAUSE they were "dabbling in the void;" it just says that Alleria trained a group of Blood Elf outcasts to use the void.
    I recall hearing somewhere that Lor'themar kicked them out. Not sure where. But how would they be outcasts if they didnt get kicked out?

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Unlock the armor for X race. All characters of X race can wear that armor regardless of armor type.

Dark Iron Mages can wear the cosmetic plate set. Nightborne Warriors can wear the cosmetic cloth set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Read the post, it says it can be mogged to any armour type.
    You both misunderstood me. I'm saying that if you're a Nightborne, the "Heritage" set you unlock is a cloth-looking set. The Nightborne have ASSLOADS of gear in-game. Off the top of my head, the Nightborne have models that could have easily been used for Cloth, Leather, and Plate -- I wasn't really paying attention for a mail set, but I'm sure something could be scrounged up even if it didn't exist. Instead, if I'm a Warrior, I'll use a cloth set. If I'm a rogue, I'll use the cloth set. If I'm a hunter, I'm stuck with the cloth set. That's terrible. It also makes NO mention of weapons, which there are plenty of Nightborne exclusive ones.

I understand they can't make 4 sets for each Allied Race, but the Lightforged have a lot of their looks already put in-game -- Nightborne do not. I don't care if I can use them on other races or not, I want a plate or leather looking Nightborne set.

I freaking hope they change something, Death Knights are getting screwed.

So basically from now on any new race added to the game, won't be DK 'cause of lore. I'm so excited to play new races on alts only, such a blast! Gief that pre-purchase already.

All I want for Christmas is a Draenei warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Well, Nightbornes are arrogant, selfish and mana addict traitors. They don't fit to be in Alliance. It makes sense they go Horde.
    Someones butthurt.

Maybe this was answered and I misread, but as far as unlocking based on reputation, does this system mean you would need to have a horde character at exalted with highmountain/nightborne to unlock those races or could I have an alliance toon at exalted and just use a boosted horde to unlock them?

lol they updated old models, then made this.

all i can think is they made the old troll model 10% better then go look for BfA, we have a troll model ONE BILLION PERCENT BETTER!

so basically anyone using old troll models is either blind/boycotting blizz/too poor to pay for a race change, cmon these new trolls look amazing and muscular the old trolls are 7ft tall with a 7inch waist they look like they could snap in half, it's not so much a chest piece you're wearing more of a corset.

Has anything been mentioned about racial mounts? Curious if all the allied races will have new ones or just get access to some of the older ones (like Highmountain Tauren get Kodo for example - maybe with a new colour scheme)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    lol they updated old models, then made this.

all i can think is they made the old troll model 10% better then go look for BfA, we have a troll model ONE BILLION PERCENT BETTER!

so basically anyone using old troll models is either blind/boycotting blizz/too poor to pay for a race change, cmon these new trolls look amazing and muscular the old trolls are 7ft tall with a 7inch waist they look like they could snap in half, it's not so much a chest piece you're wearing more of a corset.
    I think you could get away with using old fem troll models. But Mr. Hunch back imo should only be used if your character is all about the RP. Or if the zandalari troll racials are complete ass.