Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    ... because it was Very Easy <tm> to outpace them when riding
    Set your pet to follow instead of assist? If they attack a mob while you travel, yes, you will leave them in the dust while they fight your battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Set your pet to follow instead of assist? If they attack a mob while you travel, yes, you will leave them in the dust while they fight your battles.
    Even with follow, it was pretty easy to outstrip them if there were any landscape features at all - anything they had to turn to go around, let alone anything that might make them stop for a moment. Someone did a picture showing the road through Westfall littered with the bracers of de-summoned voidwalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    With 13 years of advancement, knowledge, tactics and expertise, the Vanilla of 2004 would be far too easy for the playerbase today. Therefore to recreate that experience, world, dungeon and raid enemies must be tuned much higher to account for these factors. Otherwise all the content will be steamrolled very quickly and it'd defeat the purpose of the project.
    if they keep classes and gear as it was back then, raids will be perfectly balanced and even a bit overtuned especially aq and naxx but if blizzard start touching specs, gear and abilities then the only thing that may stop the steamrolling is farming.

Sure everyone know about the boss tactic but that wasn't a big deal in vanilla when boss didn't have any overcomplicated ability to deal with, the big hurdle will be to gear up a character decently enough even hitting the hit rating cap will be an huge pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    if they keep classes and gear as it was back then, raids will be perfectly balanced and even a bit overtuned especially aq and naxx but if blizzard start touching specs, gear and abilities then the only thing that may stop the steamrolling is farming.

Sure everyone know about the boss tactic but that wasn't a big deal in vanilla when boss didn't have any overcomplicated ability to deal with, the big hurdle will be to gear up a character decently enough even hitting the hit rating cap will be an huge pain.
    The only issue with Vanilla raiding will be churn and gear drops. This is assuming blizzard start with the last Vanilla patch. Which I don't see any reason they wouldn't.

MC/BWL gear - didn't blizzard update the stats on some of the gear in those places to make them better? As some of the stats were awful originally.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The only issue with Vanilla raiding will be churn and gear drops. This is assuming blizzard start with the last Vanilla patch. Which I don't see any reason they wouldn't.

MC/BWL gear - didn't blizzard update the stats on some of the gear in those places to make them better? As some of the stats were awful originally.
    As far as i remember most changes happen with the stat changes in wotlk, don't remember if they did something to gear with spirit before this.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Is that why when they retuned Molten Core to lvl 100 it was a real struggle to clear it in pugs?

People underestimate the difficulty of the game back then.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    As far as i remember most changes happen with the stat changes in wotlk, don't remember if they did something to gear with spirit before this.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
    You could well be right. I can't quite remember. I do know that talents and class changes were drastic during Vanilla and will play a large part in it. I personally think the raids might need adjusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oraz4000 View Post
    Is that why when they retuned Molten Core to lvl 100 it was a real struggle to clear it in pugs?

People underestimate the difficulty of the game back then.
    It was piss easy doing it at level 100 even with pugs. The only issues were when people pulled way too many trash mobs in one go. The bosses were a joke and rolled over in no time. I did it with pugs and had no issues. Did it with my guild as well and we really smashed it.

Some pugs will struggle but that happens even in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.12 was 7 months. plz stop saying it was only like 1 week and people didn't raid on it.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    1.12 was 7 months. plz stop saying it was only like 1 week and people didn't raid on it.
    It released at the end of august 2006, and BC released early January, so more like four and a half months.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    there is no assist in vanilla, only agressive defensive and passive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    there is no assist in vanilla, only agressive defensive and passive
    Not through the pet action bar. But you could macro an assist-like function (/petattack %target) either to it's own button or in addition to hunter specific macro'd abilities for the same outcome.

It wont be streamlined, at least for the typical player or guild.

If you mess with Classic, it isn't Classic.

No it does not need to be tuned. It needs to be left alone.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    lol lol

lol
    lollllllllllllllll
    lol

ok that was a good joke i don't think people who did not play vanilla on launch will understand it though
    I didn't play vanilla, at all, and it wasn't a joke. You seem to be implying that dungeons are not a viable means of escaping bottlenecks though. Why do you think that is the case? Unless you're using improper terminology and you meant things like server downtime, (such as WoD launch) or server lag that makes the game virtually unplayable, (also see WoD launch.)

The way I see it, if takes you 2 hours to do a quest that gives 7,000 XP, you're better off killing mobs in dungeons. If each mob takes ~30 seconds to kill after accounting for things like run time between packs, you could kill 240 mobs in 2 hours. That means dungeons are more efficient at that point if the mobs give 30 XP or more.

If this would not be the case you're going to need to explain why, and simply saying that it's a good joke or that I wouldn't understand because I didn't play vanilla is not good enough. It's not an actual argument, just a deflection.

For the record, I did play in TBC so I do have some conception of what vanilla leveling was like.

Meanwhile OP would never be able to lead a vanilla pug.

Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post
    If you mess with Classic, it isn't Classic.

No it does not need to be tuned. It needs to be left alone.
    You sure about that? If the implement the class changes and patch it to the last Vanilla patch, MC/BWL will become a lot easier to push through. I would bet that they will do some limited form of testing on the old raid encounters to check they are at the desired difficulty.

The game will never be "vanilla as you remember it" stop pushing this dumb narrative. The game will be as close as they can make it, but they also need to uphold blizzards current standards and ensure the game is not a bug filled mess and that encounters are tuned as best they can.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You sure about that? If the implement the class changes and patch it to the last Vanilla patch, MC/BWL will become a lot easier to push through. I would bet that they will do some limited form of testing on the old raid encounters to check they are at the desired difficulty.

The game will never be "vanilla as you remember it" stop pushing this dumb narrative. The game will be as close as they can make it, but they also need to uphold blizzards current standards and ensure the game is not a bug filled mess and that encounters are tuned as best they can.
    I think they will publish a fixed patch of vanilla (likely the last one) and so classes will have all adjustments they got during vanilla and that will make initial raids significantly easier than they were when they were actual content.

It is just much more involved to do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I think they will publish a fixed patch of vanilla (likely the last one) and so classes will have all adjustments they got during vanilla and that will make initial raids significantly easier than they were when they were actual content.

It is just much more involved to do anything else.
    it depends how big their team will be and how much time/resources they will have. I would hope some limited testing at least would take place. I also think they will deploy the latest vanilla patch with some additional minor changes (bug fixes etc). If that is the case I would certainly expect a lot of raids to be easier this time around compared to when they were released.

No classic should stay the way it was, there is no reason to be "classic" if it was changed to something different, all of you asked for classic and now that it is going to be given to you you want something else.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Classic must be tuned exactly like it was in 2004. I want to have access to Classic WoW, not some new, interesting experience. ACTUAL CLASSIC.

It's like my copy of Super Mario 64. So many outdated concepts in that game, but I want it that way.
    Exactly this. But this idea is somehow too hard for this forum to understand hmmm (or people being intentionally stupid?)