Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinora View Post
    Like I already said, I can understand it about those 2 races.

Being exiled from silvermoon just sounds like a stretch to begin with. Why would they be exiled for dabbling in void magic while the horde has never been very discriminatory toward controversial ethics.
    Them joining the Alliance seems actually a lot less obvious when you look at it like that.

In that logic we shouldn't have been able to get exalted with them in the first place, if they hated us so much.
    So it's ok we got all nice and friendly when the Legion was attacking. But afterwards we're not good enough anymore?
    Sorry but that just doesn't add up.
    Well the hord isn't the united state's there's no federal mandate on what's acceptable and what's not. It's an alliance of independent nations what's fine for the forsaken isn't fine for others. I imagine after the whole fel kelthas thing dabbling in potentially evil powers isn't seen in a good light anymore. We know the void elves were alleria's first choice. She try to get the blood elves to rejoin the alliance but gets told no so she helps the exiles master the void and intern they join her and the alliance.

The light forged are Dreani, Dreani hate orcs. The light forged follow velan who's an alliance faction leader. Yea you can be exalted with them as an orc but a. It's the old we need you help and we hate the legion enough to live with alluring with you ( hence hord being allowed into the exodar to get to argus in the first place) and b. Game mechanic's c. You are a champion not a faction leader there's been a number of occasions where you have been set apart as an exception because your so Damned ausome or what ever hell the majority of mop the hord champions got a pass by the Pandaran as not representative of garrosh's crap.

My alliance paladin is exalted with the zandalari from back in vanilla with the zulgurub quests dosent mean the zandalari don't seriously hate humans still.

So to answer the question no we hord are not good enough now the legion is dealt with. We were a necessary tool they nolonger need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Meggle View Post
    I'll take wildhammer dwarves with a druid option thank you.
    Why would wildhammer be druids? There never had druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dark666105 View Post
    So, why can't Void Elves and Nightborne be Demon Hunters? (aside from "blizz said so") I am looking for a logical reason, not a 'beacause' reason.
    Because the demon hunter's start zone is set during tbc and at that time void elves didn't exist and the Nightborne were in the bubble.

Wow so much salt.

I hope all you people having coronaries over what we've seen so far or conclusions you are jumping to have unsubbed to save your health!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Draenei have perfectly valid lore reasons as well, mostly not having been on the fricking planet at the time. Blizzard logic for you.
    The playable dps were made sometime near the end of tbc after the Dreani had landed and been inducted into the alliance. Dreani dk's are ones that went to help the agent's in the plague lands and got killed.

Playable dks are not from the 3rd war you died and we're raised at the end of tbc and a sacrificial force to lure out tirion for the lk to kill nothing more nothing less hence why the dks were so pissed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Void Elves can literally go die in a F@#$ing dumpster fire.

What a stupid race to add...with lore pulled out from their asses. Firstly, blood elves wouldn't be outcasted...high elves were outcasted....

Edit.

Also, if Zandalari trolls don't have paladins...hooooleeeesheeeeeeiiit

They are literally the race that gave Troll Paladin lore in vanilla...#freethinkers
    I don't rember that. I'd love a zandalari paladin though

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Jesus Christ I really want them to bring Paladin to Zandalari Trolls.
    No pls, the class fantasy is already half ruined with the taurens...

Still boggles my mind that the Horde now have Blood Elves and Night Elves in their faction, but High Elves would have been too identical to Blood Elves for the Alliance.

Seriously, the Void Elves look like a Night Elf variation with some a combat form. The Nightborne look like updated Night Elf models.

Deleted
    at this point i believe most people whine for the sake of whining

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajidehak View Post
    Why would they join the faction war at all? Why should they create trouble for themselves?
    The Probly need or owe something or have some motive. History is littered with country's going to war for not very obvious reasons.

It's a world war after all sure you can pull a Switzerland but suramar is fresh out of a civil war so I imagine there heavily dependant on the rebuilding effort so they need to pick a side and the hord ( namely the blood elves) have been the most friendly.
    Last edited by mmoc56f3565a46; 2017-11-27 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Unlock the armor for X race. All characters of X race can wear that armor regardless of armor type.

Dark Iron Mages can wear the cosmetic plate set. Nightborne Warriors can wear the cosmetic cloth set.

The Blood Elves are more appealing to them as they have a common problem; they're both meth elves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Tyrande was a cunt to Thalyrssa.

Read the post, it says it can be mogged to any armour type.
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneOstrich View Post
    The All-things-must-be-equal mentality has been holding back this game for far too long. Glad to see the don't give an ass if the amount of droods is equal among factions, but simply look at how much sense it makes if a race can be a drood. Opens up the door to more diversity and flavour.

What's next, you going to complain that Horde has 2 tauren races and 2 troll races? (As I wrote that it hit me that we will have 2 elfs each side, 2 troll, 2 tauren, 2 dwarfs, 2 draenei... at this rate the next expansion will be Noah's Ark)
    The "Everything must be equal" mentality has fucked us out of every Nightborne set in the entire game barring the generic cloth one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Well, personally I have never bought those expensive "expansion starter" crafting items when they cost tens of thousands of gold, I was fine with dungeon gear, and in Legion with the WQ items. Being at the cutting edge for that +5 ilvl is the goal only for a small amount of players that go for realm first in the very first raid tier, so the time matters only for them. I can wait a few more weeks for lower prices or lucky drops, doesn't matter much. Or you are one of those who makes profit at the start of the expansion from these professions?

The excruciating profession leveling experience is a Legion phenomenon so far, remember how easy was it in WoD. You can't know what brings BfA.
    WoD was a strange exception. It was pretty bad in vanilla, very bad in TBC. I don't recall WotLK, Cataclysm, or even Pandaria too well, but none of them had easy leveling for every profession. Blacksmithing, which is one of the ones that were added for certain, are one of the worst to level.

+10 skill seems like nothing, but an orange lasting 10 levels longer means that you can transition into something easier to level that much easier. On blood elves, leveling enchanting compared to other races is phenomenally easy. It's like day and night. Same for Jewelcrafting on Draenei.

WoD was a complete joke in terms of professions, please don't use it as an example. You had maximum skill from the beginning, maxing out your profession didn't unlock more recipes, it just made you slightly more efficient on daily cooldowns. Which did not matter hardly at all.

I'm not saying that they are the world's most critical racials, but they are extremely useful and make a huge impact. Far more than -1% nature damage will ever do. So, if you want to argue about removing/changing racials, scrap those from your list. They serve a very clear and powerful purpose, and actually offer important racial aesthetics that you can actually feel on your character.

I still find incredibly stupid that the Nightborn aren't accessible to both factions like the Pandaren, they were set up as such for the whole god damn extension FFS!

- - - Updated - - -

Demonbane - Experience gains from killing beasts increased by 20%.
    WAT?!

And I find most of these "races" to be extremly lame or try hard.

Stuff like Dark iron dwarf or High mountain Tauren are fine and make scene, Zandalari is also kind of logical, but light forged dreanei, voidmakgufin elves are NOT a race and sound really retarded, it's litteraly "draenei +" and "edgier edgy elves"...

Where's the god damn High Elven Broken and Fulborg for the Alliance and Ogre, Moknatal and Brown Orc for the horde?!
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2017-11-27 at 03:34 PM.

I'm so happy we're getting vanilla servers!

Really excited for Zandalari / Dark Iron. Rest is meh. Too many / similar elves.
    I want Leper Gnomes. Right now I am forced to play DK to get my green skin.
    Please Blizzard. Lorewise it totally makes sense -_-

Also I hope they open DH to more races than just Elves. Enough with World of Elfcraft already. Seems Gul'dan transforms into a Vengeance DH in the Nighthold. And warlocks had -gamewise- meta long before DH was even playable. In theory any race that can be a warlock should be able to DH.

Void Elves: During the final push against the Legion on Argus, Alleria Windrunner learned to harness the void without falling to madness by her mentor The Locus-Walker. The Void has a reputation for corrupting those who use it, but Alleria has since managed to train a group of outcasted Blood Elves to resist it as well. She and her followers have joined her husband to fight for the Alliance.
    Excuse me? Why would Blood elves join Alleria to fight the horde for the alliance??

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hyped at the beginning. The more details we know the lesser I am interested.
    We must not complain too much that sub races will be implemented, we asked for it.

However it's disappointing that the sub-races all share skeletons with older races. I assume they will get the same animations.
    I absolutely hate bloodelve animations, so I won't touch voidelves.
    Lightforged Dreanei just look like normal Dreanei with golden eyes.
    Dwarf animations are the worst ingame qualitywise.

So Horde it is for me if I really want to connect with the new races.
    And there only the male Trolls really shine. Perhaps they will also get improved animations.

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    Because the demon hunter's start zone is set during tbc and at that time void elves didn't exist and the Nightborne were in the bubble.
    Yes but the Void process happens after legion so they could already be DH and then do that, and the Nightborne can just have a short Felborne starter. There done.

Quote Originally Posted by drex202 View Post
    No pls, the class fantasy is already half ruined with the taurens...
    Uhhhh hello?

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=69927/zan...late#abilities

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp View Post
    I don't like the Void Elves

The whole Mac'ree quest line is terrible, double so if your a shadow priest standing right next to her thinking "I have this dagger that drains void energy... give me two hours and I could drain this whole region". The High Priest of the Netherlight Temple has the power to save a Naa'ru from darkness... so WHY THE HELL DID SHE KILL IT!

I hate this, its just such lame writing to say she is trained to handle the madness. I was their during her final training... Locus-walker sounded like a retired football coach with head trauma saying "You can do it, You can do it"

Its staring into the Void. She killed a Naa'ru and stole the power... that is not a sane start for a new race, that should make her Public Enemy #1 for the Light.
    With her sister going mad on the other side, I think she is pathological and in denial, the only explanation is she was insane before taking void form like a ninja looting kill stealing hunter.

Also the Elves are the most addictive and fundamentally the most scariest race on three planets... everytime they persue a new source of power they doom themselves, their civilisation and the whole planet. We just save the Nightbourne from their mistake... by using a Tree that failed and mutated a whole city of Nightbourne into spiders and crystal creatures. The arcan'dor, the night well, the sunwell, the well of eternity, and half the artifacts they ever touched have cursed most life on this planet. they are all ticking time bombs that nearly destroyed the planet every time. SO WHY WOULD WE TRUST ELVES WITH THE VOID!!! Let alone defecting (or as I call them defective) blood elves. We don't trust gnomes with nukes, and they only made that mistake once.
    On the vindicar you can listen to conversations between the emmisary of the nightborne and the blood elves. They do have some pretty similar history and shared issues with addiction and withdrawal from magic so it is pretty understandable they could chose to join with the horde. The void elves if they are disciples of alleria make sense to join the alliance because she hates what became of her sister and fought vs the horde for a long time prior to her joining the army of light. I think we will see more of the background of the void elves with the release of the argus raid and the epilogue patch.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they have the legendary upgrade stuff drop in lfr mode i mean i could do normal on my main but that's about it most likely and that seven if i can find a group people seem to hate dk's any more

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Death Knights start in WOTLK timeline, the playable DK's are created by Arthas. Void Elves didn't exist, Nightborne were inside a bubble, Highmountain didn't even meet the Kalimdor Tauren yet, Zandalari were plotting their vengeance from Zandalar, Lightforged were still on Xenedar in Twisting Nether. Why would you expect any of them to be Death Knights? They aren't gonna redesign the whole DK starting zone just because of them, Dark Iron Dwarves are the only ones that would somewhat make sense and they said they're thinking about allowing them to be DK's.
    As part of the Legion storyline it's explicitly called out that the Ebon Blade is actively recruiting and creating new Death Knights. I understand that currently, the Death Knights player characters being created are done during the WotLK time line, but that's a very shallow reason for why no new races can become DK's when lore wise new ones are being created left, right and center as a result of the mass casualties from the Legion.

I understand the reasoning, it makes sense. I just find that reason to be shallow and stupid given the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Excuse me? Why would Blood elves join Alleria to fight the horde for the alliance??
    for some reason, lor'themar has decided to exile them.

we don't know anything about the situation yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As part of the Legion storyline it's explicitly called out that the Ebon Blade is actively recruiting and creating new Death Knights. I understand that currently, the Death Knights player characters being created are done during the WotLK time line, but that's a very shallow reason for why no new races can become DK's when lore wise new ones are being created left, right and center as a result of the mass casualties from the Legion.

I understand the reasoning, it makes sense. I just find that reason to be shallow and stupid given the current situation.
    if they would make a new starting zone for them, maybe a lot less involved than the old dk starting zone, i'd be ok with it.

but not without a new starting zone.