Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    This is called rape, i had no idea raping someone was legal.
    Force themselves doesn't necessarily mean putting penis inside someone, but please argue the semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    A lot of the cases you're talking about didn't have an HR to come to, nor is "just saying no" an applicable or morally satisfying answer to sexual harassment and/or sexual assault. Sounds like you're the one signaling here.

Also 20 years happily married with this kind of shit for opinions? I feel sorry for the wife and kids you probably beat to keep quiet.
    Sorry, what meaning does the word "signaling" imply today? Honestly asking, since I am apparently from a "backwards country".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Its not rape if you're paid shut up money and told you'd suffer if you didnt take the shut up money.
    Well, that is debatable, it all depends on what you want to use as definition of rape, is it consent atm, then its rape, if its consent over the entire situation afterwards, then its not.
    When you get threatened like that you do have legal legs to stand on, especially when you got raped, these things already are illegal. But if you take the money and start to complain after it then you are no better then the other people using their "power" in order to get a pay day or something money cant really buy.

If you want to change this mind set then you're in for a blast, this goes much, much further then sexual favors. This is pretty much how or society functions. People giving favors to other people in order to get what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    Force themselves doesn't necessarily mean putting penis inside someone, but please argue the semantics.
    Promising someone a part in a movie for sex isn't forcing anyone, its still your choice.

Well, that is debatable, it all depends on what you want to use as definition of rape, is it consent atm, then its rape, if its consent over the entire situation afterwards, then its not.
    When you get threatened like that you do have legal legs to stand on, especially when you got raped, these things already are illegal. But if you take the money and start to complain after it then you are no better then the other people using their "power" in order to get a pay day or something money cant really buy.

If you want to change this mind set then you're in for a blast, this goes much, much further then sexual favors. This is pretty much how or society functions. People giving favors to other people in order to get what they want.
    Thats kinda been the entire issue with all this. These women, whether they did anything or not, are marched into rooms, sat down, a million dollar lawyer tells them in no uncertain terms: you take this money and shut up, or we'll ruin you.

And many times women HAVE tried to make it known what happened, but, they have time and time again been shot down.

For fucks sake, Weinstein was bribing officials at all levels and hiring spies to blackmail women.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    What does white supremacy have to do with this anything you do is sexual harassment thing? I swear you folks see white supremacy in every shadow.
    his avatar. dogwhistle for white supremacists.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dr2022 View Post
    The issue we were talking about is whether women can prevent themselves from getting sexually harassed because it was implied they had a say in it. Not what to do after. Because people did walk away, and eventually reported it and destroyed men's careers to serve as warnings. I don't want a world where shitty things don't happen, but I want a world where people are educated enough to pull of these stunts, and if they did, we don't make the victim feel like there is more they could have done.
    Yes, you do have the option to avoid sexualharassment, notice the bold part. Something like a guy dropping his pants happening to you once isn't harassment, its an indecent proposal at best. For something to be harassment it needs to be a continues in form, someone doing something shitty to you just isn't harassment.
    You do want a world where shitty things don't happen, that just isn't realistic. If you do not want to feel "victims" to feel victim, then i would suggest you not making them into a victim.
    Then you act as if this is just a one way street, these things happen all over the place, in every shape and form you can think of. Inappropriate behavior comes from both sexes, to suggest that this is a male to female problem is just silly.

Promising someone a part in a movie for sex isn't forcing anyone, its still your choice.
    Except there is no such thing as "choice" in a system that tolerates this behaviour. If you reject they'll get someone who won't. It's not "fuck me for promotion" it's "fuck me for not being unemployed".

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Its not acceptable in the work place for someone to proposition you for sex for advancement.
    Can you elaborate - not acceptable why exactly? As long as everyone is perfectly aware that declining is an option.

Is reverse - proposing/initiating sex in hope of advancement - also not acceptable?

There are many shades of grey here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Thats kinda been the entire issue with all this. These women, whether they did anything or not, are marched into rooms, sat down, a million dollar lawyer tells them in no uncertain terms: you take this money and shut up, or we'll ruin you.

And many times women HAVE tried to make it known what happened, but, they have time and time again been shot down.

For fucks sake, Weinstein was bribing officials at all levels and hiring spies to blackmail women.
    But that is the thing, this isn't illegal as long as they do not break any laws. As long as they do not threaten their lives but merely state that they won't get a job as an actor or something then that is within the realm of legality. Just like how production workers that want to sue their company for something often to not have a bright future at that company. It might not be fair, but that is the way it works.

I'm not saying its not toxic as fuck, it is toxic as fuck. But that doesn't mean its illegal of him to hire spies in order to blackmail woman. This Weinstein dude's bribing of officials is illegal of course, and should be punished harshly. But, if you did something stupid, and someone else knows of this then they are (like you) under no obligation to keep this something to themselves. So him using spies in order to get shit he wants is toxic as fuck, but not illegal.

In the end they had a choice, it might have been a shitty choice, but they choice between crap and shit is still a choice.

What is the point of this thread? To point out that Russia is way behind the west when it comes to pretty much everything?

Deleted
    Russia is my go-to country when I need to make up my mind about something. Whatever Russia thinks - the opposite is what any decent human being should think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    So what you are suggesting is that every guy gets a "one penis flash per woman" card?

Rofl what the fuck. No.

- - - Updated - - -

"Fuck me or you will make less money, which means you will have a worse life"

The implication is that if you don't fuck them, they are going to make life harder for you... Because that's literally human nature. People don't go out of there way to help someone who "rejects" or "humiliates" them.
    Are you suggesting that you can not drop your pants in your own home and start to masturbate? Because, public indecent exposing your self is already illegal. If you do not want to see this person masturbating then you should not go to their home.

As far as I'm concerned if you need to perform sexual acts to elicit a promotion or land a job, then you are no longer being granted those things based on your merit concerning that jobs tasks (unless you're a hooker then...that'd be...interesting). To me, that is wrong.

"Fuck me or you will make less money, which means you will have a worse life"
    How does "Don't fuck them and you will make less money, which means you'll have worse life! Because we decided that your misery means nothing in our moral struggle against oppression! " is any better?

The implication is that if you don't fuck them, they are going to make life harder for you... Because that's literally human nature. People don't go out of there way to help someone who "rejects" or "humiliates" them.
    Saying that people shouldn't have feelings at work is asking for robots in their place.

They certainly do get feelings; and they do get resentment if they are rejected. But if your value at that job was only predicated on assumption of you being available for sex at some point, then they will be right to fire you once rejected.

And if you have other qualities that are good for business, they might still keep (and even promote) you even with deep resentment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Except there is no such thing as "choice" in a system that tolerates this behaviour. If you reject they'll get someone who won't. It's not "fuck me for promotion" it's "fuck me for not being unemployed".
    So? No really, so what? Its the same thing, fuck in order to get this promotion, or fuck in order to get this job. Its not classy, but its not like this doesn't happen all over the world in all kinds of different ways.. The stuff people do to get a promotion or to hold a job is ludicrous, from sex to straight up killing someone or poisoning land on purpose just to save a few bucks for the company. Even if you make much more strict hiring laws there is just no way around it as long as there are people willing to do what is asked of them. If you need to hire someone and you get to choose who it is then you choose the one that goes that extra mile, what that extra mile is doesn't' really matter.

- - - Updated - - -

What?

/10char
    Read the first line maybe?? You know, context matters..

Deleted
    Again I must ask: What?

The first thing that struck me was Roosh V. when I read that shit. You know, the guy who thinks rape should be legal on a man's property.

- - - Updated - - -

This is some amazing shit. I can't believe there are men this openly fucked in the head. What the fuck did your mothers do to you that was so bad that you turned into this? What DIDN'T your fathers teach you?
    Then you have some really colorful imagination if you think of that.
    You still have not answered the question, do you think it is illegal to masturbate in your own home?

Deleted
    It's illegal to engage in a sexual act without the other party consenting... And masturbating in front of a chick is a sexual act. You are just playing a semantics game.
    You are not engaging them in a sexual act, you are engaging with your self in a sexual act. If she doesn't want to witness this then she can leave, no one is forcing her to watch it. She can not force him to stop.

No, It's directly applicable to your opinion. In fact his justification for that opinion is exactly the same as yours. "If you want to avoid getting raped, don't go to a guys house"
    No its not, in my opinion no one is forced into anything, you are always free to leave and not watch it. I can't imagine that when you are in some dudes house and that dudes starts to take his pants of that you stay to see what happens next.

Are you suggesting that you can not drop your pants in your own home and start to masturbate? Because, public indecent exposing your self is already illegal. If you do not want to see this person masturbating then you should not go to their home.
    Inviting people to your home usually isn't carte blanche to give them that kind of a show, but I freely admit that might just be a general guideline and not a rule. Things might run a bit different in your household. To each their own, I guess.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Inviting people to your home usually isn't carte blanche to give them that kind of a show, but I admit that is a general guideline and a rule. Things might run a bit different in your household. To each their own, I guess.
    Until he gets arrested or sued, anyway.

Good fucking lord.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Inviting people to your home usually isn't carte blanche to give them that kind of a show, but I admit that is a general guideline and a rule. Things might run a bit different in your household. To each their own, I guess.
    Oh no i agree, that is not something that usually happens to me either (come to think of it, it never has), but that doesn't mean that that they can't do it, or that it is somehow illegal for them to do.