Page 96 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Defensive legendaries are usually Ekowraith and Prydaz. Bristling Fur is better than Brambles defensively. Set bonus seems underwhelming. You should probably let dps and heals get it before you take them for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Defensive legendaries are usually Ekowraith and Prydaz. Bristling Fur is better than Brambles defensively. Set bonus seems underwhelming. You should probably let dps and heals get it before you take them for yourself.
    Sadly haven't gotten the neck though yet. But we'll see, plan is to go defensive setup more or less.

Some of the trinkets seems decent replacement for my Carapace and Immoratlity, like Aegis or Titanguard... But having 2 on use trinkets together does not seem like a good option. Not really counting on the fancy trinkets from the last boss.

But about the tier that was what I was thinking as well, that I should be the last one to start rolling on tier, unless it's a major upgrade.

Deleted
    My current guess (and I haven't done PTR testing, so this is pure speculation) is, that the guardian tier is pretty low impact. Keep T20 2p until the ilvl difference becomes really large, then go for high ilvl again. There are some other specs with really weak T21, so maybe not last, but if someone really wants his bonuses, let them have them.

Legendaries again: If you don't have the neck, the boots are really nice with T20 2p as well. Leg Trinket is also always a good option.

Trinkets: You will pretty much be forced to equip Aggramars conviction, as soon as you get it. Luckily it is pretty much a versa stick and those are damn good right now. Other than that, this is the first tier of legion where most of the tank trinkets actually seem pretty damn appealing. I would go for Eye of Fharg as a standard and swap in Aegis or Titanguard if they suit the damage pattern of the fight well. Archimondes if you need a shield against magic damage more often than you get with Titanguard.
    Apocalypse drive seems great against bosses with an auto attack steroid (Zakuun <30% kind of thing), where you can use Bristling and cap on armor but need further reduction. This is pretty specific but the description when to use the KJ tank trinket seemed pretty unreasonable as well to me before ToS released and people thought about solo soaking maiden smashes.'
    Riftworld codex is unreliable and has (defensively) the worst stat on it, so probably the useless one of the tier. This obviously depends on how much the buffs it provides will do, so maybe it will be OP, but I don't expect that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I have not consider the Archimonde's trinket, although it sits in my bank. Thanks for the other trinket ideas, I do agree that selection for tanks this time around is very nice.

Few questions:

Lady and the Child, people say its good for guardian, but ain't it a balance legendary? Do people already farm balance legendaries now.

Elize's Everlasting Encasement Just got this today. How correct is Icyweins ranking in legendary for dps or defensive?

Chest is 1# defensive, and then the new archdruid ring or Elize's Everlasting Encasement if using rend/tear talent?

Offensive/5 man is the cloak and luffa bracers?
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2017-11-08 at 12:49 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Offensive is cloak and Lady and the Child or luffa + Elize's Everlasting Encasement
    Defensive Chest + Dual Determination or Elize's Everlasting Encasement(you should take RnT)
    Elize's Everlasting Encasement is both dps and defensive.

I have all legendary except the heals (miss 4) and the new ones(quest ring and the trinket form last boss of the new raid)

Deleted
    I disagree with Alrdyanas defensive suggestion. Dual Determination is very situational (I run it only on Mythic Maiden) and if you already have Ekowraith, I wouldn't additionally run Elizes. I would suggest Boots (with T20 2p), Prydaz, SotA or Archimondes.

Lady and the Child is only lootable in Balance loot spec, but works for Guardians as well. In M+ sometimes stuff doesn't live long enough to make Elize's worth it, because you can't stack Thrash that high. If that is the case, Cloak does more for you.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-11-08 at 06:53 PM.

Elize is more an offensive legendary then defensive. RnT+Elize is only an 1% defensive advantage over Pulv. Other defensive legendaries pair better with Eko for defensive purposes.
    Overall there are better choices then Elize these days, if you have them.

So I just got the "new" druid ring that gives soul of the forest and on the one hand it's a free extra talent but on the other hand I'm not really sure it is actually worth using. Currently I use Elize's and Prydaz/Luffa's depending on if I need to be more tanky or dpsy on a fight. Other legendaries I have are chest, Boots, Sephuz, and the Trinket. Part of my questioning about using Soul of the Archdruid is I have the vers/mast ring from Maiden and using that legendary causes me to lose a bunch of Versatility. It's basically the difference between being at 22% vers and 18% Vers.

Anywho, any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks

Deleted
    Soul Ring is not that great. I can't off the top of my head right now think of a situation where (given your choices) I would run it. Use Elize + Luffa for damage and Eko + Prydaz or Eko + Boots with Pulverize for max defense; Trinket where necessary.

Ok cool, that's basically what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if I was just over looking something.

Deleted
    Hey guys, I'm new to tanking and to druids in general. My first two leggos are Fury of Nature and Ekowraith. I've specced into Brambles and Lunarbeam (apart from Galactic Guardian), but I've only done mythic +5 yet, so can't really say what happens when the shit hits the fan.

But the one problem I have in general is targeting. Like I'm surrounded by mobs, but I have really trouble tab-targeting the one in front of me, mostly because I can't tell whether it's in front of me, or if it's me that's actually in front. So I start clicking with the mouse, and that's like a needle in haystack. It's super-weird, but the camera and targeting are my biggest foes in the game. Not sure what to do about that. Thank god for Thrash, I guess.
    Last edited by mmoc885371d541; 2017-11-15 at 03:28 PM.

I never liked tab targeting, its so unpredictable. Turn on nameplates if you don't have that already. With those I can usually get by with clicking fine.

Nameplates and also you can try out mouseover macros. I use it with all my abilities and saves you the fuss in many situations, especially for moonfire or taunting a stray mob.

Deleted
    Ok, I made some mouseover macros. Let's see how that works out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i guess it is inevitable that our T21 is going to go live as the garbage it is... I understand we are still pretty powerful but come on they couldn't think of a better use of Tier..
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Quote Originally Posted by Aldryana View Post
    Offensive is cloak and Lady and the Child or luffa + Elize's Everlasting Encasement
    While true, I just want to add that Cloak/Elize's is also a very good combo. As someone who doesn't have LatC (1 in 6 chance), the Cloak/Legs combo comes out over any other mixture of the three in a single target scenario.

What sort of DPS gain is LatC over Elize's on a ST fight? Has anyone who has simmed their character recently able to tell me the difference roughly? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    While true, I just want to add that Cloak/Elize's is also a very good combo. As someone who doesn't have LatC (1 in 6 chance), the Cloak/Legs combo comes out over any other mixture of the three in a single target scenario.

What sort of DPS gain is LatC over Elize's on a ST fight? Has anyone who has simmed their character recently able to tell me the difference roughly? Thanks!
    It's worse in some situations, actually. Elize is > LatC for pure single target depending on the ilvl of your non-legendary pieces in those slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    It's worse in some situations, actually. Elize is > LatC for pure single target depending on the ilvl of your non-legendary pieces in those slots.
    Luffa simmed higher for me than Elize when using Cloak+ one of them for ST purposes. I had 930 bracers and 955 pants so maybe that will change based on what you have in each of those slots as well.

Are we supposed to still use 3 Trash relics or not?