View Poll Results: Are you in a guild? Or want to be in a guild?

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • No

9 5.29%
  • Yes

144 84.71%
  • No, and I Never will

5 2.94%
  • No but I'm open minded

12 7.06%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Angry What the hell is the point in being in a guild?

Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild? All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in.... 90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist! this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this! I'm so glad they blocked guild invs... How many of you all have it turned off? LOL i know its the first thing i turn on when i make a new toon... its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild... they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    Last edited by Preston Garvey; 2017-11-27 at 07:15 PM.

Meh, i really want to type something but i will end up banned, but i will bite.

You join a guild that fits your needs.

And you are obviously -special- needs, so..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't join a guild then. And 90% of the ppl in the game aren't elitist. You're just overly sensitive and like to generalize everyone. You're coming off as arrogant and exactly liket he "elitists" you're bashing. You may not find the point of a guild, and that's fine. But don't cry about it. And yeah. Putting an age restriction that would get rid of 90% of the wow population of players would be a genius move on blizzards part. Most of the ppl that play this game are under 30. And people above 30 can be just as immature online than the younger ppl they like to talk shit on.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Is OP for real? This post seems less of a valid question and more of a troll post.

Get real.

WOW, I am speechless to OP's post.

Im in a guild who like to have fun with each other and we all get along not to mention I have met some of my guildies IRL.

So Milla Kunis isnt hot? @ Dydric

First off its a game not a dating website, second women do play this game but they likely don't want anything to do with you, and third there are guilds with age caps but something tells me you wont fit in...

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't wait for your forum vacation OP
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

I like social guilds, I hate the concept of guilds becoming a job... I hear so many people say that they want to be X, but the GM forbids it because they need Y, plus the pressure of having to be available at a certain schedule weekly, that's all just a no-no for me given that I come to WoW as an escape from work/school.

That said, I find that the popularization of discord destroyed a bit of my enjoyment of social guilds, as I have yet to find one that doesn't seriously favor the members that hang on discord and I honestly have a very hard time even understanding what most of them are saying due to their shitty mics to the point that I really don't enjoy hanging on it.

btw OP, we all know you are not 30+, there are some things that we can tell just by the way that someone writes on a forum and I don't give you more than 20 at THE MAXIMUM, If I had to bet, I'd say 13-15. This is not meant as an insult, but merely a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging from most posts I see from you, you really seem to be your own biggest issue man.

But on topic; since this is a mystery for you apparently.. you usually join a guild with or for making friends and doing things with like minded people.

Joining a random "leveling/social" guild shouldn't require complaining.

Don't play an MMO then, which is the more social-driven genre you could play a game in, with guilds generally being the peak of that social experience.

Sounds like some salty drama went on in your previous guild OP or a very trolling topic. If you don't raid or pvp with friends then it's not necessary. Though it's an MMO so maybe you should make friends in the game who "aren't fake". There's plenty, you just don't have to be fake yourself.

a guild is where a group or people most of the times friends or like minded players form a clan/club/guild in order to achievement said goals weather that be fun honor or competition etc. if you are in a group of people you dont get along with then its absolutly great if you just look for another one as when you are playing games you are looking for people who you can have fun and feel comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    I like social guilds, I hate the concept of guilds becoming a job... I hear so many people say that they want to be X, but the GM forbids it because they need Y, plus the pressure of having to be available at a certain schedule weekly, that's all just a no-no for me given that I come to WoW as an escape from work/school.

That said, I find that the popularization of discord destroyed a bit of my enjoyment of social guilds, as I have yet to find one that doesn't seriously favor the members that hang on discord and I honestly have a very hard time even understanding what most of them are saying due to their shitty mics to the point that I really don't enjoy hanging on it.

btw OP, we all know you are not 30+, there are some things that we can tell just by the way that someone writes on a forum and I don't give you more than 20 at THE MAXIMUM, If I had to bet, I'd say 13-15. This is not meant as an insult, but merely a fact.
    god u took the words right out of my mouth...

Yep, i'm GM of the same guild I started on day 4 of vanilla and most of the membership are the people I played with a lot back then. Now it's more like a comfy retirement home, there's always a few people around but everyone knows if they wanna come back to WoW then the guild and the people will still be here for them

Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    god u took the words right out of my mouth...
    Notice that social guilds have none of those job-like features, maybe you are just applying to raiding guilds when that is not your main interest.
    Also, glad to see you confirm your age :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild? All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in.... 90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist! this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this! I'm so glad they blocked guild invs... How many of you all have it turned off? LOL i know its the first thing i turn off when i make a new toon... its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild... they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    DONT
    JOIN
    CESSPOOL
    GUILDS.

Join an proper guild and u dont get these issues.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    What the hell is the point in being in a guild?
    Mythic raiding.

/thread

What the hell is the point of playing an MMORPG if you're gonna treat it like a single-player RPG 100% of the time?

The content one can see without forming any sort of bonds, doesn't satisfy me. Thus I am in a guild long-term.

That's why it's not mandatory to be in a guild.

I wouldn't play WoW if I wasn't in my current guild. I have very good friends in there. Many times I just log in and farm some tmogs and chit chat in gchat. I also raid with them mythic. It's awesome, and I would never think of playing wow without this guild.