View Poll Results: Are you in a guild? Or want to be in a guild?

Voters
170. This poll is closed
  • No

9 5.29%
  • Yes

144 84.71%
  • No, and I Never will

5 2.94%
  • No but I'm open minded

12 7.06%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Idiotic and disgusting, a winning combination.
    90% males the hell is the lie tho?

Deleted
    OP, by the way you write I doubt you are any older than 15.

Guilds all have their separate needs, just like any social circles. Find/make one that is tailored to you. Not sure where you are pulling your 90% figure though. My previous guilds had about a 70-30 ratio. Why is it important to you to have many females in your guild? I mean I'm all for diversity, just questioning your reasoning behind it...
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2017-11-27 at 07:25 PM.

Thank god internet was a huge thing when I was 15.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

How you are online is how you are.

Maybe you could create a guild for your friends and family?

I've been in different guilds and still have toons in some of them and the only time I felt pressured was when I wanted to get a second raid team going.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    90% males the hell is the lie tho?
    90% of statistics are made up by stupid people.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Yep, I've led a guild with close friends since BC. Some of us will have a toon outside of the guild for raiding purposes, but when people are active and playing, most of us do 90%+ of our play in guild. We've been friends for 10+ years; why would we not stay in the same guild?

That said, if I was just starting the game now, I'm not sure if I'd be guilded. I'm more of a loner overall and I don't particularly like having to deal with randos in game every time I log in and feel a sense of obligation to engage with them. It'll be interesting to see how WoW Classic plays out in that respect. I imagine I'll join a guild in that setting, or maybe just start my own with whatever friends from the live game decide to move over to Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild? All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in.... 90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist! this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this! I'm so glad they blocked guild invs... How many of you all have it turned off? LOL i know its the first thing i turn on when i make a new toon... its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild... they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    i assume females dont tell you their gender since youre an annoyin sexist?

probably same reason you dont stay in guilds long
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild? All you get is a bunch of fake people
    Well only if you go randomly looking for self-interested groups to join, yeah. Play with friends, ideally with people you can acknowledge in real life to make them accountable, and it'll be a better experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Are you all in a guild?

What the hell is the point in being in a guild? All you get is a bunch of fake people (mostly dudes women don't play this damn game lets be real well not hot ones anyways) kissing ya booty when they want you 2 join there guild but yet turn on you really quick when u get in.... 90% of the dudes in this game (note above women dont play this game) are elitist! this is why I've stopped doing guilds back in the day because of crap like this! I'm so glad they blocked guild invs... How many of you all have it turned off? LOL i know its the first thing i turn on when i make a new toon... its these same dummies who will complain that no one wants 2 join there little guild... they really need a age cap in this game (like 30 plus)
    Find the right guild for you. If you don't like elitist people, don't join a non casual guild. There are some people that will hold your hand in game but many won't so it shouldn't be expected.

on a side note- there are plenty of women who play wow.. me being one of them. What do looks have to do with anything? seems shallow.. I play with tons of ugly fat guys all the time.. whocares.. give people a chance and they might turn out to be really cool..

Raid i guess, the occasional dungeon, nothing outside of that. I've been with a new guild two weeks, don't know the name(in-game) of any of them except the guy who recruited me.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP's post is what is wrong with wow. Everyone likes to bash the "elitists". But the people who usually bash elitists are elitist themselves. But they're passive/aggressive. And do bitchy passive/aggressive things to cause issues with the guilds they're in and then they come cry on forums about how mean everyone is.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

If that's your guild experience in every guild you're in, ask yourself what the common factor is in all of them... it's you.

Shorter hearthstone cooldown, of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flyspyro View Post
    Find the right guild for you. If you don't like elitist people, don't join a non casual guild. There are some people that will hold your hand in game, but many won't. It shouldn't be expected.

on a side note- there are plenty of women who play wow.. me being one of them. What do looks have to do with anything? seems shallow.. I play with tons of ugly fat guys all the time.. whocares.. give people a chance and they might turn out to be really cool..
    Casual guilds can have the same elitist kinds of attitudes. "If you're not like us, you're wrong"
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If that's your guild experience in every guild you're in, ask yourself what the common factor is in all of them... it's you.

I feel like the op has tried to hit on several female players and they've all rejected him. Also that he needs to sit on a comfy couch and cry it out with someone who cares because an online forum isn't that place

You get in a guild that suits you
    OP is a trash person and joined trash guilds,all is well

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Meh, i really want to type something but i will end up banned, but i will bite.

You join a guild that fits your needs.

And you are obviously -special- needs, so..
    Well said. I can't take this poster. Must be a combination of that avatar and horrible typing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    You get in a guild that suits you
    OP is a trash person and joined trash guilds,all is well
    Yet you are the one calling the OP trash, because of a difference of opinions

Deleted
    While I don't agree with OP on most of the stuff, I do still question the need for guilds in the game. They haven't provided me with much in awhile, most guilds I've been part of haven't been group of "friends" it has been group of people that have been "forced" to band together to clear Mythic content. I don't see any benefits in having my friends in same guild as me over them being outside of it.

The community has changed and in my experience, people have become less dependable over the years. Standards have come down when it comes to social interactions and manners online.

So no, I do not see any point in being a guild unless you are raiding Mythic. I don't see any clear benefit, as if you are outside of a guild you are often not bound to its schedules and can look around for opportunities on more frequent basis. Maybe you get to pug few bosses in Mythic with a guild that was few men down for an evening. Maybe you get to raid with your other friends with whom your schedules don't match well enough for you to raid frequently with. People leave guilds these days rather fast when it doesn't provide them with something that they can't have elsewhere. There's next to no sense of loyalty, which makes guilds rather fragile entities. It doesn't offer players any increased stability over being guildless. It's just an extra chat room with extra bank.