Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We already had a price increase in Sweden recently. Dunno what you're complaining about, seems to be in line with what it costs here.

10+ Year Old Account
    or more likely at the op they raised because as in your article they had to raise the projected cost of their spendings for their new original series. but nope let's blame it on the fcc even though the article mentions nothing about it being the case.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Netflix needs better shows before they do this
    netflix can price at whatever they want technically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svad1287 View Post
    How much is the price for Netflix in the US?
    it says right in the article.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    While cheap, keep in mind that Netflix sets the standards for the industry when it comes to streaming. And very soon, Netflix won't have Disney. A lot of media companies are now getting into streaming, and while the price increase in Netflix isn't big by itself, it does setup the stage for others to copy them. So if you plan to have multiple streaming services, then accepting that Netflix price increase will seem very stupid.

Personally, I suggest you start pirating. Only because these streaming services are starting to get exclusive content and have done nothing to compete with piracy. It would be nice if all media was licensable for Netflix so that I could just have one service for everything I want, but that's not gonna happen by just paying for every streaming service that exists. You should pirate.
    and here are the thieves coming out of the woodwork.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The explanation is simple, They are making more of there own content and that cost money. Netflix plans to have over half of there library to be Netflix Original's within the next few years.

The explanation has been given each time there has been a price bump. If people don't realize the reason now then that is there own fault.
    and what about people who want to watch older shows from when tv was actually worth watching shows like fbi files or decisive battles or 1,000 ways to die, etc. i have zero interest in these original shows.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't give a fuuuuuck.

I get both, Hulu & Netflix for free because my ex-gf put in the accounts her mother pays for, and never removed them.
    Fuck her, and fuck her mom.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Again, you should have watched the video. There's a lot of people who won't pay due to moral reasons. They aren't ashamed for pirating. Nothing anyone does will stop them. The industry should be trying to get them to switch by offering something that piracy doesn't. But with price increases and exclusive content, this only makes it harder for pirates to pay.
    "Moral reasons" to steal? People will justify anything these days.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I don't give a fuuuuuck.

I get both, Hulu & Netflix for free because my ex-gf put in the accounts her mother pays for, and never removed them.
    Fuck her, and fuck her mom.
    Well that escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and what about people who want to watch older shows from when tv was actually worth watching shows like fbi files or decisive battles or 1,000 ways to die, etc. i have zero interest in these original shows.
    If you have no way to get the shows legally then ya pirate them. If you can get them legally (Streaming services, Buying Dvd's/VHS's ect..) do that. I'm not against pirating stuff, I am against pirating content that you can still get (realistically) just fine.

I don't expect someone to pay $70+$15(A month) just to see Game of Thrones (I didn't). But you can sign up for there streaming service and watch it that way.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    They are asking the same price in Turkey with fraction of the content. Already-aired seasons are arriving late, content is lacking as hell. I am warezing their shit as much as possible.
    because it's totally netflix's fault that the licensees either won't license to turkey or want too much.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have no way to get the shows legally then ya pirate them. If you can get them legally (Streaming services, Buying Dvd's/VHS's ect..) do that. I'm not against pirating stuff, I am against pirating content that you can still get (realistically) just fine.

I don't expect someone to pay $70+$15(A month) just to see Game of Thrones (I didn't). But you can sign up for there streaming service and watch it that way.
    the above is the ONLY legit reason i can see for someone pirating it AS LONG as they immediately buy it when it does come out.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well considering Netflix UK is absolutely shite and the only good things are a handful of Amazon exclusives this seems suicidal.
    If anyone's actually bothered by a couple £'s increase they clearly shouldn't be subscribing to netflix in the first place and save their money for essentials.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because it's totally netflix's fault that the licensees either won't license to turkey or want too much.
    They can't license their OWN production in Turkey? Netflix can go fuck themselves.

This is probably to prepare for Net Neutrality to end and them being forced to pay ISPs to not throttle them. That cost will just be pushed off onto us.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

How do you offer something better then free? That is what you are asking for in the end, You want a legit legal free service and will pirate unless you get it.

Lets call a spade a spade already, You want free shit.
    I pay for netflix but I also pirate a lot of shows. HBO Canada doesn't let you stream unless you get a cable package and then subscribe to a movie package. I don't want cable, I just want to be able to watch my shows online and have some way to pay for it. When you can get something easier and more convenient for free what incentive is there to pay for an inferior service? Give me the same stuff I can get for free at $50 a month and I'll pay for it no problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    If anyone's actually bothered by a couple £'s increase they clearly shouldn't be subscribing to netflix in the first place and save their money for essentials.
    That's not really how value works

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's not really how value works
    Most people waste more money than this increase on their way to work in a morning. In fact you probably could have earned more than that in the time it took you to complain about it being too much.

Not to mention that your entire argument about the value of Netflix price increase hinges solely on your own personal opinion of the shows. This might come as a shock so take a seat - but not everyone enjoys the same things you do.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I'm a bit disappointed by this especially since I'm only mildly interested in their current Canadian offerings. I subscribed to CraveTV which is their direct competition and have found it to be a better. Crave has a lot of good shows that I haven't seen especially from HBO and Showtime (presently watching The Sopranos). Its also cheeper ($8 vs $11). On the downside Netflix has a much better player. Their website player is weak, their Windows desktop app is good and their iOS app is good. Netflix still streams better than any Crave platform and with better resolution. Its probably the main reason that I still pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What Netflix should do is take them to court. They can argue it's anti competitive.
    Take who to court? The anime companies that make it? There's nothing to sue for. You can't 'make' a company give you its product to sell.

then why dump cable? This sounds worse than cable TV.
    A lot of reasons. Mostly being 1) I dont want to wait for the show to be on, I want to watch it on my own time (and not pay for dvr), and 2) Cable doesnt have it. It doesnt have a LOT of stuff (that isnt part of a $150 package)

If CBS is the only one with Star Trek Discovery, then that's just the new oligopoly.
    That isn't CBS, though. You can't sue CBS because te company opted to go with them. They're just the distributor. That's Roddenberry Entertainment, or Living Dead Guy. You could sue them... But you'd either A) Lose, because oligopoly doesnt really apply to entertainment (That's like sueing Cirque Du Soleil because they dont do a show in your city), or B) You win, they get hit with huge fines for the court, and the show just stops. Great.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I only resubbed recently to watch stranger things, other than that theres nothing good to watch on netflix, at least in the UK the library is pretty shit.

Its still not a bad price though if people like the shows on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate netflix. It's not worth the price.

Let's see $13.99 for Netflix or $100 - $150 for a shitty TV package decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    http://mashable.com/2017/11/26/netfl...se-holiday.amp
    I heard a sarcastic "thank you" announcement on the radio on my way back from the gym this morning and thought they were just trolling, imagine my surprise when I saw a legit article. An one dollar increase doesn't really affect me much but it makes me wonder how much internet companies had to do with this price increase.
    Still worth it. Way worth it. The $100 a year from Amazon is too.

i can handle the slight increase. I am still pissed that we get less than 1/3 the content.

Sick of their excuses.