View Poll Results: Are you expecting warglaives as random drops in BfA ?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • yes, I think so

118 76.62%
  • no, we will loot the same 1H as other melee

36 23.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is why I don't like them abandoning class artifacts. Yes, the artifact grind sucks, but in terms of class identity I liked that no rogue was getting their hands on a warglaive in legion.

Classes should feel distinct in the weapons they use and how their weapons look.

It's also why I'm not looking forward to the tier sets for these raids. Now that they are not class themed, a warrior and a death knight will look virtually the same, as will a demonhunter and a rogue.

Deleted
    There's a possibility they'll put them in many dungeons and raids.
    We have personal loot, so there's no way a non-DH gets a warglaive outside of raids.
    Inside of raids, personal loot is still a thing, unless you use master looter, in which case it's very probable you either have a lot of players, and to get all buffs, a DH, so warglaive is not completely useless, or are a mythic guild, in which case you would use ML even if you shard 80% of the loot, and will definitely have at least 1 DH.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    runeblades are "iconic weapons" for DK, but they weren't given their own unique weapon type. Just plain 2h swords.

If anything, DH would get "runeblades" as fist weapons or 1h swords like warglaives.
    A runeblade is still a sword. They are made the exact same way as regular swords, just with more DK wizardry at the end. A glaive is a completely different weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Maybe they'll go the tier token route and replace weapon drops with a token that gives you the weapon appropriate to your spec that would have dropped from the boss.

But most likely there will just be one or two Warglaives per tier.
    I REALLY like this idea. It will help a lot instead of waiting for a specific kind of weapon for a specific person.

i wanna say yes, but my faith in blizzard is corrupted. so i don't think so.

Either way, i won't like a Zandalari themed glaive anyway. lul
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Deleted
    Why wouldn't they?

Only demon hunters carry the artifact weapon to bfa It seems they were little behind with dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    I remember an old video from Classic of a survival hunter using Tfury/Survival spec and doing literal melee hunter pvp, sadly it doesn't seem to be around on the youtubes anymore.

You're welcome

ofc they added a new class with a specific weapon type and not a single weapon for them.

Its rather obvious that you are indeed gonna get glaives.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Pulled with a bow all the time, since back then we didn't have Heroic Throw or something like that. I always carried a stack of arrows to pull, had to use an ability called 'Shoot' iirc.

For laughs I always put a scope on it. The +dmg ones.
    Yep, this was an essential bit of a warrior tank's kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior
    Rogue

sure they were just stat sticks and ranged pull tools, but still
    The statement was "For years Hunters were the only class able to use ranged weapons"

This was the case from Cata thoughout WoD. And we saw plenty of ranged weapon drops with unique designs, which only hunters equipped and used.

I don't get why so many quoted it like there was something factually wrong.

Deleted
    I'm hoping that BFA weapons are similar to artefacts in that one item covers two slots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Don View Post
    I'm hoping that BFA weapons are similar to artefacts in that one item covers two slots.
    Honestly, I would be on board with that.

It always sucked having offhand + onehand as BIS compared to just a staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    The statement was "For years Hunters were the only class able to use ranged weapons"
    Keywords: able to use

Warriors and Rogues were able to use ranged weapons. They didn't have much of a use outside of being stat sticks, but they could be equipped and fired, just like a hunter could.

The initial statement just says "for years" which is vague and unspecific. It was not until MoP that bows became main hand weapons and warriors/rogues could not use them anymore. Cata just removed the ammo requirement.

Shoo.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-11-26 at 09:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The French Guy View Post

You're welcome
    Not quite, the video I'm thinking of was Vanilla, not TBC. It was a nelf hunter.

Maybe 1 per tier at most, given that we can use other weapontypes. It's not a dagger or ranged situation where they don't have alternatives, so it unfortunately just clutters the loot table (another reason going back to weapon drops is a bad idea)

Either that or they're going to give them to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Maybe they'll go the tier token route and replace weapon drops with a token that gives you the weapon appropriate to your spec that would have dropped from the boss.

But most likely there will just be one or two Warglaives per tier.
    That is a brilliant and great idea and you are true visionary! DILLY DILLY!!!

So of course Blizz will do no such thing.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Monks didn't get any special weapon. Death Knights didn't get any special weapon. I don't see why Demon Hunter should.

Warrior
    Rogue

sure they were just stat sticks and ranged pull tools, but still
    What on earth? Monks and DKs don't use special types of weapons. Your analogies are simply bad
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    What on earth? Monks and DKs don't use special types of weapons.
    Yes, and my point was that neither should DH, because the other introduced classes don't.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and my point was that neither should DH, because the other introduced classes don't.
    Two words: class fantasy
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore