Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcrime View Post
    I remember when I first levelled my mage as fire that if I pulled 3 mobs by mistake I was going to die. I could keep one poly'd and kill the 2 I was fighting but I'd need first aid to do so, and then I'd run out of mana and be unable to kill the third.

Likewise with my warrior at the time it was an actual struggle sometimes as my level outstripped the gear I was wearing and I'd have to periodically stop to farm a level appropriate dungeon like scarlet monastery to prepare myself for the next 5 - 10 levels.

The game was objectively harder, and you learned your class along the way. Was it Cup Head? No, but it had the right amount of challenge to make you better at the game and prepare you for the end game content. Nowadays the learning curve is a flat line until 110 and beyond until players hit a road block at the actual content because they were never prepared for it.
    You had issues on vanilla warrior? What, did you not level first aid or something? I can see mage, mage was brutal. But warrior? that was probably the easiest vanilla class to level right next to warrior that can heal himself (paladin).
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

I think the removal of elites in BC was a fairly insignificant change.

It was heirlooms in Wrath that made things significantly faster and increasing your character's power by a lot, especially if you enchanted your weapon. Also dungeon finder came out in wrath. I think straight up grinding dungeons at that point was overall slower than leveling outdoors, but it was an option to skip some crappy zones.

Then Cataclysm took a giant shit on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    You had issues on vanilla warrior? What, did you not level first aid or something? I can see mage, mage was brutal. But warrior? that was probably the easiest vanilla class to level right next to warrior that can heal himself (paladin).
    Naaaah, warrior is by far the hardest class to level in vanilla (tho yes pala is easy af and mage is also pretty hard). You just depend quite hard on gear (weapons) and rage generation was pretty slow while killing mobs one by one.

But tbh, it's still really fun to level up one and yeah first aid does help a lot here.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    My shadow priest didn't die until lv 54 and then in a lag spike. I'd say Classic wasn't already exactly hard.

...and yeah, the "proper" MMORPG players like the ones from pre- WoW games could only chuckle at this filthy casual game....so don't even start pretending it was hard. Maybe for us n00bs...
    The most overstated and pointless line that continues to be regurgitated over and over on WoW forums.

Time consuming =/= hard content

it was either late BC or Wotlk, cant remmember

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    The answer to OP is at patch 1.12. - This was the big change.
    This patch made you actually get decent stats on gear from 1-60, which made leveling faceroll in comparison to "Vanilla".

Then came cataclysm, with the revamp of old world, making the content so much easier by itself (bye bye group quests, elite mobs/areas).
    Most elite mobs and outdoor areas were removed in 2.3.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBC wasn't faceroll. It was late WotLK with heirlooms. Even further in Cata when they added more heirlooms, some guild perks, the guild banner, etc. It was in Cata where they pushed players to endgame since they added two new races.

10+ Year Old Account
    defo cataclysm, thats when i really noticed not finishing zones for certain levels while questing. back in the good ol' days all the zones would be completed and you'd still be struggling to reach 60, roll on that BRD farm <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Uhm no.

You can’t solo clear sunwell at level 80

You can’t take on 6 mobs at level 10 in WotLK like you can in Cata either.
    Never claimed any of what you said.

When I said anyone could clear Sunwell easily, I meant any raid group could at lvl 70.

I'm also not saying Cata didn't make it easier, I'm just saying WotLK made it faceroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    Warrior was a pain, pull 2 mobs and possibly die.

Mages could aoe grind easily once at a certain level (think they were really good to lvel 40+). Show me a video of a Warrior levelling, taking on multiple mobs (more than 2 and same level) at the same time without having to eat afterwards. You'd probably die.

I don't think any class was hard to level, just some were more time consuming.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-27 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

When I said anyone could clear Sunwell easily, I meant any raid group could at lvl 70.

I'm also not saying Cata didn't make it easier, I'm just saying WotLK made it faceroll.

- - - Updated - - -

Mages could aoe grind easily once at a certain level. Show me a video of a Warrior levelling, taking on multiple mobs (more than 2 and same level) at the same time without having to eat afterwards. You'd probably die.

I'd agree WotLK made it faceroll when you hit level 80 and got geared, other than that - Pre level 60 you could not pull 5+ mobs like you could in Cata from basically the start at level 1, considering Flash Heal healed you for 60% of your health.

Cataclysm was the 1st expansion that went full retard.

- Nerfed talent trees.
    - Pruning began, although cata also added a lot of good abilities.
    - Mount at lvl 20, i think that was cata.
    - Removal of many elite quests, the rest turned into regular quests.
    - Removal is spell ranks.
    - Removal of ammo.
    - Removal of a lot of reagents.
    - Removal of class ability/spell training? Cata or MoP, not 100% sure.
    - Removal of weapon skills.
    - Nerfed Vanilla/TBC/WotLK xp required per lvl. Boosted quest xp, brought bonus objectives to dungeons which made them give a lot more xp.
    - Fucking LFR...

I'm probably missing a few things. After that i know MoP made things worse, and WoD just killed the game we used to know and love. Legion is the aftermath, the end result after 3 expansions that took away pretty much everything that made the game great in the 1st place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mount at lvl 20 was patch 3.2 aka WotLK, along with flying at 60.

Downranking was removed in WotLK.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-27 at 10:48 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Mages could aoe grind easily once at a certain level (think they were really good to lvel 40+). Show me a video of a Warrior levelling, taking on multiple mobs (more than 2 and same level) at the same time without having to eat afterwards. You'd probably die.

Arms/sword spec. Sweeping strikes -> MS -> WW. Weapon enchanted with crusader was enough sustain to do multiple back to back multi mob pulls before bandaging/eating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Arms/sword spec. Sweeping strikes -> MS -> WW. Weapon enchanted with crusader was enough sustain to do multiple back to back multi mob pulls before bandaging/eating.
    So we're now talking about well geared levelling characters, who have mats and gold to burn from max level characters.

Please tell me how people will be using the Crusader enchant to level when the servers open, along with SS having a 1 min cd and only lasting 10 secs.

It's well known that Warriors were the worst to level.

Saying Mages were worse, when you could easily aoe groups of 5 down, if not more, is laughable. I'm playing on Light's Hope at the moment and see Mages do this easily in Duskwood, which is below level 40.

Add to the fact that the only hard part about levelling in vanilla is the time it takes, Mages have portals which drastically reduce that time.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-27 at 11:08 PM.

So we're now talking about well geared levelling characters, who have mats and gold to burn from max level characters.

Please tell me how people will be using the Crusader enchant to level when the servers open, along with SS having a 1 min cd and only lasting 10 secs.

It's well known that Warriors were the worst to level.

Saying Mages were worse, when you could easily aoe groups of 5 down, if not more, is laughable.
    Considering I played a warrior and only a warrior, it could be rough at times but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make it out to be.

We're talking about gear? An enchant =/= gear. I'm not sure where you were at, but people on my server were enchanting crusader before they dinged 60. Even still it only serves as an example, and that was before AR's were being crafted enmasse or Barbarous Blade/DM was out.

Cleave had a cap on targets. WW did not, nor did it divide the damage based on targets hit. It really wasn't a big deal to kill multiple equal level mobs as an arms warrior, even before people started crafting AR. Which was a little while before a lot of warriors could get an OEB from MC.

Axe spec wars had more consistency, but sword spec chain procs could be absolutely retarded.
    Last edited by evogsr; 2017-11-27 at 11:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evogsr View Post
    Considering I played a warrior and only a warrior, it could be rough at times but it wasn't anywhere near as bad as people like to make it out to be.

We're talking about gear? An enchant =/= gear. I'm not sure where you were at, but people on my server were enchanting crusader before they dinged 60. Even still it only serves as an example, and that was before AR's were being crafted enmasse or Barbarous Blade/DM was out.

Cleave had a cap on targets. WW did not, nor did it divide the damage based on targets hit. It really wasn't a big deal to kill multiple equal level mobs as an arms warrior, even before people started crafting AR. Which was a little while before a lot of warriors could get an OEB from MC.
    I agree people over exaggerate Warrior levelling, I levelled 2 myself in vanilla and another on a private server. But it was the worst class to level.

When I say worst, I mean slowest, it was my favourite class and by far most fun.

You also wouldn't do Strat until level 56 (I think), so you're talking about very late levelling and also most likely getting good blue gear if you are doing these dungeons. You'd also have to be lucky on orb drops.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2017-11-27 at 11:26 PM.

WLK turned everything into Tank n Spank. It still took time to lvl up, but it was very easy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cata, without a doubt. But in WotLK, all the PvE outdoor content was noticeably nerfed.

The Burning Crusade. The difference from Vanilla to TBC were enourmous. Specially in 2.3 as pointed out by others.