Thread: legendary

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

legendary

i miss whien legendary items were legendary...back when you would be lucky to see someone with a legendary.
    when the amount of work to get one was huge! and the effects made you near unstoppable in comparison to mere
    epics.

legion killed that legendary feeling off completly...everybody has a legendary now and you can get a legandary from
    just normal tasks now.

liike whats the point in making them legendary if everybody has one and you dont even have to work for them.

This is a really good thread with a fresh take on Legion legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    This is a really good thread with a fresh take on Legion legendaries.
    Indeed it is. I can see the whole new world of opinions already!

Indeed, like the last 2 expansion when inspecting [random max level hunter] and thinking "Wow, that's impressive. You finished a quest chain, one day I wish I could have the skill set you do".

Or even the expansion before that where it was; Neat, you got chosen by your guild to be able to complete your quest. Much skill, many wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Indeed, like the last 2 expansion when inspecting [random max level hunter] and thinking "Wow, that's impressive. You finished a quest chain, one day I wish I could have the skill set you do".

Or even the expansion before that where it was; Neat, you got chosen by your guild to be able to complete your quest. Much skill, many wow.
    Or there super impressive 'legendaries' that TBC had which it was just a random drop off Illidan and a random drop off of KJ. Much skill, such wow. Or as the OP seems to suggest they want to go back to Vanilla's lolegendary system where you got lucky to be picked by your guild only to watch the person eventually finish it and move on to another guild, stop playing or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Or there super impressive 'legendaries' that TBC had which it was just a random drop off Illidan and a random drop off of KJ. Much skill, such wow. Or as the OP seems to suggest they want to go back to Vanilla's lolegendary system where you got lucky to be picked by your guild only to watch the person eventually finish it and move on to another guild, stop playing or whatever.
    We had the same issue in Firelands. Every fucking raider who got the caster Legendary ended up leaving. Also I'm still passive-aggressively salty that I was picked 7th because I was an Elemental Shaman.help

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    We had the same issue in Firelands. Every fucking raider who got the caster Legendary ended up leaving. Also I'm still passive-aggressively salty that I was picked 7th because I was an Elemental Shaman.help
    I at least got lucky there, my guild was a 10 man raid guild and we decided to just roll to see who gets to build it first. It was just me and a mage and I won the roll. Thank God for that to because the mage ended up getting bored and quitting before I even finished the damn thing. But I'm glad the Legendary systems of old are gone, they were pretty stupid. I'm not a fan of Legion's take on it either and I'm hopeful with a lack of legos in BfA people can stop being so worried over gear color.

was thinking more along the lines of the wow factor they had when someone had a legendary. when it wasn't just another piece of armor.
    there should be a massively long quest chain to get one. and even when you were chosen by guild to get the legendary drop. you were
    chosen because you were exceptionally good at your class.

but your replys kind of prove my point though...so thank you

i can only assume that you guys were never good enough players to get a legendary when they were actually hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by layssana View Post
    was thinking more along the lines of the wow factor they had when someone had a legendary. when it wasn't just another piece of armor.
    there should be a massively long quest chain to get one. and even when you were chosen by guild to get the legendary drop. you were
    chosen because you were exceptionally good at your class.

but your replys kind of prove my point though...so thank you

i can only assume that you guys were never good enough players to get a legendary when they were actually hard to get.
    Ahh right, because some people got picked because of RNG that made them the 'chosen' one.

Yup TOTALLY never got a lego when it was current... Not like you care anyways, you are just someone hiding on an alt account on mmo-champ.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That what I disliked about the Vanilla to Cataclysm system.. Who would get the legendary, or the parts of the legendary, and when they got the legendary or finished off the making of the legendary, would that person bugger off to another guild or quit the game.. And would always leave a sour taste in the mouths of those they left behind..

That was why I liked the MoP to WoD system that everyone got the chance to make their own and there was no favoritism and if someone left the guild those left behind didn't feel so put out unlike before..

At least with Battle for Azeroth xpac and the removal of legendaries hopefully there will be less of this whinging from those bemoaning the MoP, WoD and Legion legendary system..

i miss whien legendary items were legendary...back when you would be lucky to see someone with a legendary.
    when the amount of work to get one was huge! and the effects made you near unstoppable in comparison to mere
    epics.

legion killed that legendary feeling off completly...everybody has a legendary now and you can get a legandary from
    just normal tasks now.

liike whats the point in making them legendary if everybody has one and you dont even have to work for them.
    And what defined a legendary.
    You cant say something isn't that if you can't tell us what it is in the first place.

Like the stupid and overused "epics should be epic".
    The one consistent definition of "epic" has been just one word - purple.
    Epics have included world drops which have no skill bearing, crafted which vary considerably in many ways from raid drops, which between boss drops from encounters of varying difficulty to raid trash drops.
    And then there were class quests.

There has never been any consistent difficulty to any single colour rarity.
    Never.

I at least got lucky there, my guild was a 10 man raid guild and we decided to just roll to see who gets to build it first. It was just me and a mage and I won the roll. Thank God for that to because the mage ended up getting bored and quitting before I even finished the damn thing. But I'm glad the Legendary systems of old are gone, they were pretty stupid. I'm not a fan of Legion's take on it either and I'm hopeful with a lack of legos in BfA people can stop being so worried over gear color.
    There have been continued complaints about epics.
    So no, that won't happen.
    They want to still make quick judgements no matter the consequence, and it will always be someone else's fault.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-28 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    That what I disliked about the Vanilla to Cataclysm system.. Who would get the legendary, or the parts of the legendary, and when they got the legendary or finished off the making of the legendary, would that person bugger off to another guild or quit the game.. And would always leave a sour taste in the mouths of those they left behind..

That was why I liked the MoP to WoD system that everyone got the chance to make their own and there was no favoritism and if someone left the guild those left behind didn't feel so put out unlike before..

At least with Battle for Azeroth xpac and the removal of legendaries hopefully there will be less of this whinging from those bemoaning the MoP, WoD and Legion legendary system..
    i do agree with you there everyone should have the chance to have a legendary. but there should be some effort involved in it. back in vanilla and in bc if a legendary dropped then it went to the person who could make the most out of it.

mop and wod had a good line for the legendary but still required quite a lot of effort to get them.

but now everyone just wants to get everything for free.

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

Yup, I think people are too focused on what a legendary is and does. I won't be sad to see them gone in BfA and I hope they stay gone or come back as the version in MoP/WoD but easier to get for alts/returning players. With some fights way too focused on output you just screw over players without the damn things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They want to still make quick judgements no matter the consequence, and it will always be someone else's fault.
    That is a fair point and those types of people can't be helped. I just enjoy the potential of more freedom in gearing choices with the removal of legendaries and tier sets. It was feeling way way too Diablo 3-like for me of late. Disclaimer: I LOVE D3 and play each season but gearing in WoW was getting a bit silly with so many legos out there and mixing in multiple tier sets on some specs.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And what defined a legendary.
    You cant say something isn't that if you can't tell us what it is in the first place.

Like the stupid and overused "epics should be epic".
    The one consistent definition of "epic" has been just one word - purple.
    Epics have included world drops which have no skill bearing, crafted which vary considerably in many ways from raid drops, which between boss drops from encounters of varying difficulty to raid trash drops.
    And then there were class quests.

There has never been any consistent difficulty to any single colour rarity.
    Never.

You are using logic. We don't use none o' dat damn lergic 'round dese here parts I reckon.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I think people are too focused on what a legendary is and does. I won't be sad to see them gone in BfA and I hope they stay gone or come back as the version in MoP/WoD but easier to get for alts/returning players. With some fights way too focused on output you just screw over players without the damn things.
    Yeah I will be glad to see them gone also to the extent that hopefully the whining about legendaries should hopefully disappear..

10+ Year Old Account
    epics.

just normal tasks now.

All random drop legendaries just never felt legendary to me. And I also mean back in the days. I like the ones where you have a long questline (Cloak, ring, daggers etc) instead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    epics.

just normal tasks now.

Legendary references the lore aspects behind an item.
    Rare != Legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I'm honestly tired of hearing how legendary someone thinks something was. Sorry, Sulfuras and Thunderfury aren't really anymore 'cool' than any of the other weapon legendaries.

Legions legendary system is trash, though. Should have never been brought to armor, honestly. Cloak/ring was pushing it pretty far already.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Deleted
    No a world without legendaries seems better

Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    No a world without legendaries seems better
    Until the next "too much rng" whine.
    Demands for badges again because killing a boss 20 times absolutely must reward something you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.