Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I fail to see how you can compare the possible vanilla community mentality to your individual experience on a weird experience going on retail servers.

Wouldn't the correct assumption be "retail players are toxic?".

Also, who cares if you got kicked for <insert arbitrary reason here>? Make your own guild with your own set of weird rules and demands, have at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I logged off for 12 hours to sleep and do other stuff, and i came back and my character was kicked out of the guild. I pm'd one of the officers and he said I was offline for too long so i got "purged".

I asked to get back in, and he said quote "fuck off, you aren't worthy of joining this guild because you aren't hardcore enough"

This is really where I said, "fuck this, these guys are assholes" just becuase I wasn't logged in long enough. I was like level 30 something too..
    Nah nah nah nah this is too much troll and beatiful to be true.
    That story seems like a lie.

You know the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Google it. You are the boy.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-28 at 03:25 AM.

This Project 70 sorta thing is pointless, you can solo or 2 man a bunch of 25man bosses with level 70s.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Well thats what happened.

They were also similar in their guild chat to each other. I saw things like: "gtfo if you learn mount training before 40," and "you cant use xyz item" when it wasn't listed in the rules.

People were making up rules as they were going along and several people couldn't keep up with all the stupid retarded ass rules. If you broke a rule, even on accident, the guild members would cuss at you and call you all sorts of toxic things. The officers, after other members of the guild notified the officers of someone breaking a rule, would say "enjoy your banishment from project 70 dick" and then i'd see: "<xyz player> was kicked from the guild."

Why would you defend people like that @Shadowpunkz?

Deleted
    Well thats what happened.

They were also similar in their guild chat to each other. I saw things like: "gtfo if you learn mount training before 40," and "you cant use xyz item" when it wasn't listed in the rules.

People were making up rules as they were going along and several people couldn't keep up with all the stupid retarded ass rules. If you broke a rule, even on accident, the guild members would cuss at you and call you all sorts of toxic things. The officers, after other members of the guild notified the officers of someone breaking a rule, would say "enjoy your banishment from project 70 dick" and then i'd see: "<xyz player> was kicked from the guild."

Why would you defend people like that @Shadowpunkz?
    You are describing the most toxic thing i have ever seen. Constant name calling, shaming, and the cherry on top "kicked for being logged off 12 hours".
    I refuse to believe it.

I heard Asmongold and other Streamers saying that people from the guild were the first ones pointing fingers to the ones cheating...but what you are describing is the most toxic thing ever.
    It's too good/bad to be true

edit: Pics or didn't happen @Jaylock
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-28 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I literally watch one WoW related youtuber. Crendor and that's it. Because he doesn't even try to go for attention. He makes what he feels like making. Which is why I have respect for him. And because Orc VS Wild is so funny no matter how many times you've seen it.

I wouldn't say I worship him but I do like the fellow. Other youtubers I watch would be Angry Video Game Nerd and Pat the NES Punk. Mostly because I like their retro stuff being a collector.

People like Asmongold, Sodapoppin or Kungen in my opinion are not representative of the WoW community nor do they deserve the following they have.

And it's sad to see that people like them have a huge following personally when there are so many great smaller streamers/youtubers out there that just play to have fun rather than garner for attention or view count by doing controversial stuff.
    See I can get watching a streamer that does something different, but I don't understand people who follow Asmongold or Sodapoppin. Sodapoppin especially, like...he unsubs for months then comes back near the end of a tier and gets his follows to carry him through content then says he did it and unsubs again saying "there's no content for me to do".

I can understand watching gaming stuff on youtube or streamers who play games you either haven't played or haven't played in a long time. Or even just watching someone play a game you really enjoy to see how they do certain things in the game. But I'll never understand watching a PvE streamer for WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Also, I am unfamiliar with the whole reasoning why they are doing this. Can anybody explain?
    Sudden hype for vanilla servers after Blizzcon's announcement, but since "real" vanilla servers are months if not years of development away, people had to channel their immediate hype into something, and lo and behold, all these project 60 and other numbers. Also streamers - they need publicity to live (viewers, subs, donations), so they have to stir the pot so people don't forget their existence. Many streamers are low quality celebs (nothing special, they just got famous and now need to keep their fame up or perish), there are very few that actually show skill or knowledge, most are just "famous for being famous" after some initial event elevated them to this status.

And then you have the fanboys - the people that don't care WHAT is the event just WHO created it (their beloved streamer) and try to be "holier than the Pope" while participating in it, without applying any common sense or moderation.

When the real vanilla servers are launched I don't expect everyone going there will behave like that - some will go just to relive nostalgia or experience something they never had a chance to see originally. But probably there will be few of those wackos that will try to claim "I know better how 2 vanilla for real" and creating some elitist sub communities. But as long as people will be able to experience vanilla without having to join these secret mason clubs, these can go stew in their sauce. At the moment it's all "make-believe" because it's impossible to recreate "true vanilla" experience in modern wow. So you get all these little despots who try to enforce their "make-believe" rules are better than someone else's.

Tbh can't wait to see how they will fare on real vanilla servers.

So you didn't read the guidelines they set up. Broke one of the rules for the project. Got called out, then kicked. I really dont see an issue. You could have just made a new toon.

Meh, Twitch streamers and their followers can fall off a cliff and disappear and I think the world would be better for it.

edit: Pics or didn't happen

You've just hit the nail on the head here for BS alerts. It's amazing how all these claims made by Jaylock and others are never backed up with screenshots. You'd think if something this insane had happened, enough to think to post it on a forum, they'd have had the idea to screenshot to really show the toxicity they experienced. So I'm calling this entire story one big fat lie. Which considering it's calling out and besmirching an entire guild/community is pretty shitty just for his own attention...

Hey I might be wrong and he may be able to get screengrabs, in which case I will happily apologise and admit to my mistake but until then, I stick to the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically they have a bunch of rules and if you happen to break any rule, even on accident, or not knowing, players in the guilds will mock you and call you all sorts of names and call you a "retail asshole" (i actually saw that in the guild I was in, they called someone a "retail asshole") and then their leaders will proceed to kick you from the guild.
    Oh no, people get called names in /g by asshats. What do i do? Oh, i know, probably leave and never touch these communities, let them boil in their own spit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Can't wait to see guilds on the Classics.

-You have to be level 50 by the end of the month or you get kick
    -If you dont log in 3 days you get kick
    -You need to make a donation to the guild bank or you get kick
    Good ol' times
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twitch syndrome strikes again. Everyone thought anonymity was the apex for unearthing the toxic nature of humans, but it turns out it is far worse if you make them think they're going to be in front of an audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I got bad news my friend
    We had an alt of our guild master called "Xxguildbank", where "Xx" was nickname of our GM and we had to make donations via herbs, ores and gold to him. Fun times
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

I don't know this "Jaylock" but he appears to be pretty infamous on these forums. Regardless Even in the story you reference the Boy was indeed telling the truth before he got gobbled up by the wolf. Plus the boy was just lonely.

Anyways, my point is that even notorious liars tell the truth sometimes, or have truths in their lies.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    You've just hit the nail on the head here for BS alerts. It's amazing how all these claims made by Jaylock and others are never backed up with screenshots. You'd think if something this insane had happened, enough to think to post it on a forum, they'd have had the idea to screenshot to really show the toxicity they experienced. So I'm calling this entire story one big fat lie. Which considering it's calling out and besmirching an entire guild/community is pretty shitty just for his own attention...

Hey I might be wrong and he may be able to get screengrabs, in which case I will happily apologise and admit to my mistake but until then, I stick to the above.
    Screenshotting something would be, probably, last thing to consider for me in wow since 2008 or so. My last screenshot was of a quest where bunch of NPCs were standing in the line to bathroom. But i get your idea. If i would experience something like OP - i would be bothered with screenshots or even creating a thread of the forum, different people do different things

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    I don't know this "Jaylock" but he appears to be pretty infamous on these forums. Regardless Even in the story you reference the Boy was indeed telling the truth before he got gobbled up by the wolf. Plus the boy was just lonely.

Anyways, my point is that even notorious liars tell the truth sometimes, or have truths in their lies.
    Yes he is always trolling/baiting/lying, there is no way of knowing if what he is saying is true anymore.
    Don't you think he went too deep on the lie with this one? He just needed to push a little bit further...

I logged off for 12 hours to sleep and do other stuff, and i came back and my character was kicked out of the guild. I pm'd one of the officers and he said I was offline for too long so i got "purged".

I asked to get back in, and he said quote "fuck off, you aren't worthy of joining this guild because you aren't hardcore enough"
    I think he went too deep with this one...
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-11-28 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes he is always trolling/baiting/lying, there is no way of knowing if what he is saying is true anymore.
    Don't you think he went too deep on the lie with this one? He just needed to push a little bit further...

I think he went too deep with this one...
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamF...ct_70_cheater/
    Honestly, i don't need any more proof, it's entirely believable that it did happen

15+ Year Old Account
    It's Asmongold. The only player more out of touch with how this game works then my mom. Need we say more?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    This Project 70 sorta thing is pointless, you can solo or 2 man a bunch of 25man bosses with level 70s.
    Just a few more detailed numbers in terms of lvl70 pre 3.0 vs now:

Patch 3.0: Flat -30% nerf on all TBC content.
    Patch 6.0: -50% HP nerf for all pre Pandaria Instance bosses with the Itemsquish/Legacy Buff
    In TBC less than in Vanilla content but still: Char performance is a joke. ~50% more HP than back in the days + 2-4x more DPS because of unbalanced low lvl talents/specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/LivestreamF...ct_70_cheater/
    Honestly, i don't need any more proof, it's entirely believable that it did happen
    They take the rules very seriously and people from the guild are like childs pointing fingers to everyone who is cheating.
    But kicking someone for being logged off for 12 hours...comon.

No sleep required to join the guild?