Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny
    im a rice snob.
    Apostate! Goat groper! Person who would probably mix stripes and plaid! May you only find broken scrunchies when you need one!

I can forgive the eggplant lust, but ... but ... JASMINE rice? Basmati, preferably properly aged. [Now, that's rice snobbery!]

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala
    it's just not for me.
    Nor those horrible, bitter, little cabbages for me. That's why you have my sympathy over the eggplant. If I tried your recipe, I suspect there would be a "tragic and accidental" grease fire, discarded ashen lumps, a "mission accomplished" round of beer, and ... yum, bacon! Yes, I really hate them, my mother was determined that I just had to like little cabbages.

@Iliyra I quite agree.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Anyone else cooking dinner, what are you making?

Anybody still working with some kind of leftovers from Thanksgiving, if so what did you do with it, any interesting ideas?

Also what's your favorite Cuisine? Me I am a sucker for Italian or Mexican

One of My Favorites and easy to do STEAK!

People that cook at home don't garnish their meals. Obviously that's some hippy upper class Mexican food place.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Hooked You've missed what happens when foodies get to post pictures, but long before that people were trying to make things look good at home. Back in the day, for something like a dinner party, you bet I'd have done at least that much to get it to look decent.

@Mall Security It was good enough to get me to tolerate eggplant.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    People that cook at home don't garnish their meals. Obviously that's some hippy upper class Mexican food place.
    Oh, you garnish your meals. You just don't know it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Oh, you garnish your meals. You just don't know it.
    No I don't, I eat rustic, like the pioneers.

10+ Year Old Account

Anybody still working with some kind of leftovers from Thanksgiving, if so what did you do with it, any interesting ideas?

No thanksgiving here. But today, I am the one to cook and it'll be a homemade chilli bean lasagne.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I cook most of the dinners. This week, we'll finish up Thanksgiving leftovers, and have some chicken alfredo and Mexican-style chicken soup. Easy stuff after the big cook-a-thon (we did/participated in three thanksgiving dinners).
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    I live alone so there's no one to cook for me
    But I just get steak, potatoes and some sallad and try to work out while it's all being prepared (usually takes about an hour). Lately I've got into Nachos.
    Or sometimes soup but I have a very sensitive stomach so soup is sometimes hit or miss. I can't eat anything. Yoghurt kills me, but I am not lactose intolerant. Yoghurt does have a lot of beneficial bacteria and I guess my evil stomach bacteria doesn't want to do anything with it
    I had no issues with Thai food and few Chinese food I tasted. Maybe I'm turning into an Asian?

[IMG][/IMG]
    I made steak last night, pan seared it, threw it in the oven then topped it with blue cheese and broiled it. Garnished it with steamed broccoli, cooked in garlic and topped with a light sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. We do simple dinners on the weekdays.

I don't Cook I have a Wife for that. She makes amazing food that is all terrible for me, but love it all.

I did earlier, made rice and grilled chicken.