Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    They added void elves cause the alliance fanboys been whining and crying and bitching since tbc, they didnt wanna give you high elves so you got void elves, now that isnt good enough either.
    I'm sorry...you shocked people are upset when they ordered filet mignon and they get chuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    They really need to get rid of combat racials. They obviously can't ever be balanced and what race you choose should be based on what you like the look of the most, not a 2 minute cooldown for PVP.
    No, what Blizz needs to do is stop removing things from the game in the name of balance. WoW's PVP is never going to be truly balanced, and the constant efforts on Blizzard's part have done nothing but make PVP progressively worse every expansion since early Cata - culminating in the dull, homogenized mess that we have now.

As far as I'm concerned, small-scale pvp has no place in an mmo; the level of scrutiny that Arena puts on class balance has damaged WoW in a way that it's never recovered from.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    There will be a lot of people that will love playing as one, but that is mainly because they like Alliance high elves and will take whatever they can get, although these players too would probably love to have proper high elves. Many people wanted a non-Fallout series version of high elves and they got something worse in return.
    If Blizz were going to give playable Blood Elves to the Alliance (the faction they belong in), they would've done so in TBC. They gave them to the Horde for gameplay reasons, and you have to accept that.

That being said, I couldn't be happier with Void Elves. They're also distinct enough from Blood Elves to justify their existence - which is the only way they could exist at all. Take it or leave it.
    Last edited by EbonBehelit; 2017-11-28 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit View Post

If Blizz were going to give playable Blood Elves to the Alliance (the faction they belong in), they would've done so in TBC. They gave them to the Horde for gameplay reasons, and you have to accept that.

That being said, I couldn't be happier with Void Elves. They're also distinct enough from Blood Elves to justify their existence - which is the only way they could exist at all. Take it or leave it.
    How hard is it to realise that many of us DO NOT want Blood elves? We want high elves, those that rejected Kael'thas, his teachings and solutions. Those that reject the mentality and and leadership of the Blood elves. Void elves are just edgier Blood elves which pisses off a lot of us. Though I do gloat in taking something from the Blood elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    How hard is it to realise that many of us DO NOT want Blood elves? We want high elves, those that rejected Kael'thas, his teachings and solutions. Those that reject the mentality and and leadership of the Blood elves.
    Very well.

If Blizz were going to give playable High Elves to the Alliance, they would've done so in TBC. They didn't though, and as much as we don't like it, that ship has long since set sail.

Blizz were never going to give the Alliance a near carbon-copy of a Horde race, so they improvised a little. What we got is a sort of High Elf/Ethereal hybrid, and it's pretty badass imo. Then again, I never had any hopes that could be dashed in this case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very well.

If Blizz were going to give playable High Elves to the Alliance, they would've done so in TBC. They didn't though, and as much as we don't like it, that ship has long since set sail.

Blizz were never going to give the Alliance a near carbon-copy of a Horde race, so they improvised a little. What we got is a sort of High Elf/Ethereal hybrid, and it's pretty badass imo. Then again, I never had any hopes that could be dashed in this case.
    I'm with you. I can't wait to make a void elf, already got a name and stuff worked out.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    How hard is it to realise that many of us DO NOT want Blood elves? We want high elves.
    newsflash: blood elves are high elves, blizz proved many times and once again, the players just never accepted

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    newsflash: blood elves are high elves, blizz proved many times and once again, the players just never accepted
    Stop acting dumb. You know the difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yonteh View Post
    high elves are never a different race, just a faction. Blizz know that, some of players don't

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    They added void elves cause the alliance fanboys been whining and crying and bitching since tbc, they didnt wanna give you high elves so you got void elves, now that isnt good enough either.
    They added blood elves and paladins to the Horde cause the Horde fanboys been whining and crying and bitching since Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They added blood elves and paladins to the Horde cause the Horde fanboys been whining and crying and bitching since Classic.
    If you think anyone ever thought about Blood Elves being in the Horde at that stage you're dead wrong. We barely even knew what was going on in Silvermoon at that stage, let alone that a faction of Blood Elves would even be playable, and back then we certainly didn't think they would ever be in the Horde. It came completely out of left-field much like the Draenei and both caused a lot of controversy when they were announced, and as a result many Horde players actually rejected the idea of Blood Elves being in the faction. The subject of the classes are different though and while it made little sense for either faction to have the other's class from a lore perspective, that's what new races are for. It's just that nobody expected those races to be what they were.

I can't help but see similarities to the Void Elf issue with this. Many Horde players warmed to the idea of Blood Elves once their lore was more fleshed out. For Void Elves hopefully a similar thing will happen and we'll get a really in-depth Allied Race intro quest describing their place in the world and the Alliance that makes sense, but I'm honestly not optimistic.
    Last edited by Freeasacar; 2017-12-01 at 03:45 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They did it because they didn't want the community to call High Elves just Blood elves while the Horde got a technically new race of Elf, The Nightborne. (Unique look). You may say the community wouldn't have complained. But you'd be mistaken. This is The WoW community we are talking about. Nit pick everything, complain about practically nothing and complain about every result possible that didn't please every facet of each individual person playing this game.

I mean look at it:

Alliance-
    High Elves- Blood Elves with blue eyes.
    Light Forged Draenei- Very small changes from base Draenei, could've just been added as more appearance options.

Horde-
    Highmountain Tauren-Follows the same thing as Lightforged.Very small changes, could've been added to base Tauren Creation
    Nightborne- Unique, back story already developed, understanding of their society, Different hairstyles across the bored, different features across the bored, different accessories (maybe).

Now looking at Void Elves: Slighty new,different story behind their upbringing. All new hairstyles, different skin and eye color. Possibly different accessories. Tied to story progression of Void, circled by lore.

So in retrospect. A/H got one "new race", and one re-skin.There is ultimately no other reason, they thought they could get the best of both by creating this "new race". People wanted High Elves, they sorta got it. People wanted a new race. They sorta got it. Depending on how different these Void Elves actually are in the final product will determine how "new" it actually is, and if Blizzard should've just said screw it and did High Elves regardless of community outcry

Some like it. Some don't. Just like everything.

While this would've been a cool time to finish off the Quel'dorei VS. Sin'dorei storyline we've been dancing around since WOTLK, and added a huge substantial subplot to the story of BfA, Blizzard choose not too. Which is why its a missed opportunity. And Why Void Elves aren't needed. They add a new story where so much is still left unanswered, unfinished and they're to tied to an Ultimate power in the Universe which is why they should've been added as Characters instead of newly playable race.
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2017-12-01 at 04:02 AM.

The anti-High Elf crowd is very loud and very obnoxious on these forums. They don't want High Elves so badly they reach for any justification they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Very well.

If that were true we wouldn't be getting Lightforged Draenei and Tauren with different antlers/horns. The changes are minuscule. If they High Elf ship set sail, the Silver Covenant wouldn't have more story development from WotLK through Legion than every race but Night Elves and Humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been fairly neutral about High Elves. I haven't strongly advocated for them, nor would I have been upset if we got them. I personally like Void Elves better and at the end of the day it is mostly the same model as what High Elves would have been, but I guess I can understand why that isn't good enough for some people. Still, I'm excited for what Void Elves will have to offer. Can't wait to see their customization!

Very well.

Void elves aren´t badass they´re just edgy, just take a look at Kylo Ren in SW VII, being edgy didn´t make him cool but rather made him look ridiculous. Void elves are the equivalent of lepper gnomes, they´re greatly disliked by many, you certainly don´t like them and feel relief your faction didn´t got them. They don´t feel like new and cool, they feel completely improvised and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeasacar View Post
    If you think anyone ever thought about Blood Elves being in the Horde at that stage you're dead wrong. We barely even knew what was going on in Silvermoon at that stage, let alone that a faction of Blood Elves would even be playable, and back then we certainly didn't think they would ever be in the Horde. It came completely out of left-field much like the Draenei and both caused a lot of controversy when they were announced, and as a result many Horde players actually rejected the idea of Blood Elves being in the faction. The subject of the classes are different though and while it made little sense for either faction to have the other's class from a lore perspective, that's what new races are for. It's just that nobody expected those races to be what they were.

I can't help but see similarities to the Void Elf issue with this. Many Horde players warmed to the idea of Blood Elves once their lore was more fleshed out. For Void Elves hopefully a similar thing will happen and we'll get a really in-depth Allied Race intro quest describing their place in the world and the Alliance that makes sense, but I'm honestly not optimistic.
    I agree, it took more than half of an expansion to flesh out the nightborne as the amazing race they are right now. No matter how much effort they put on void elves, if they put any at all, their story is doomed to be bland, edgy and rushed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Void elves need to be scrapped and the Nightborne should become a neutral race like the Pandaren.

Racials *clap* shouldnt *clap* be *clap* gameplay *clap* features *clap*

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Void elves aren´t badass they´re just edgy, just take a look at Kylo Ren in SW VII, being edgy didn´t make him cool but rather made him look ridiculous. Void elves are the equivalent of lepper gnomes, they´re greatly disliked by many, you certainly don´t like them and feel relief your faction didn´t got them. They don´t feel like new and cool, they feel completely improvised and lame.
    I can agree with parts of this... but holy fucking shit I disagree that Kylo Ren was anything other than fantastic.

For a long time the only examples of Sith we've had in the core canon of the Star Wars Universe are Vader and Palpatine. Vader draws his strength from Hatred and from the Fear he inspires in others. Palpatine's power is just "I'm the big bad so I guess I'm super powerful!" But all through the extended universe we're shown a panoply of different sources of power for Sith who rely on "Negative" emotions and passions to be strong. Fear, Doubt, Paranoia, Anger, Rage, Lust, and more are all weapons used by various Sith in the Star Wars universe.

Kylo Ren shows us that while Vader was stoic because his power came from Hatred, Kylo's power comes from -anger-. A much more immediate and violent emotion than long-simmering hate. His tantrums and violent outbursts represent that anger, the visceral rage from which he draws his power, incredibly well. And his own fears are the -fuel- for his anger. Fear of Snoke, of failing to live up to his grandfather's twisted image, of not being as strong as he feels he should be.

You call him ridiculous, I call him powerful.

All through the latest film we're shown the Bowcaster completely -decimating- Chewie and Han's enemies. Flinging stormtroopers around like ragdolls. Kylo gets hit and the most he does is TAKE A KNEE. THAT is rage. THAT is anger. THAT is power.

Damn I love the new movie. And now I'm all hyped for Last Jedi, again. *sigh*
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Void elves confirmed as "Ren'dorei".
    Oh, I get it, because they use the dark side of the force like Kylo Ren. Very cleaver Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Oh, I get it, because they use the dark side of the force like Kylo Ren. Very cleaver Blizzard.
    Ewwwww I hate how right this soundssss

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Void elves confirmed as "Ren'dorei".
    Name already invented almost 10 years ago by this guy.