Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    I really wanted to love this movie, but as other people have said, it was just too rushed to really enjoy.

I truly hate that WB forced a 2-hour limit on the movie. I now hope that there is an extended cut so I can feel like I can actually watch the movie as intended.
    I do hope they have an extended cut to reintroduce some more expanded material, but I don't hope that it's just Snyders version since I don't think that would work. I'm not sure how much they actually "finished" the cut scenes though, to know whether an extended cut would be feasible.

The only reason I wasn't lost, was because I'm a huge DC fan. I went to see this movie over Thanksgiving weekend with three other people, and I spent almost an hour after the film answering questions to help fill them in on what was going on. That's not a good thing for a movie.
    I haven't seen the movie yet, so can't speak to actual film, but I think it'd be easy enough to have the Flash and Aquaman without full background for them, if they weren't taking a lot of time to highlight off-scenes for them otherwise. I know I'm phrasing that badly. If they waste a lot of time on various Flash stuff without explaining who he is, where he's from, that's bad. If they establish that the universe has a number of metas, I don't think they need to explain everyone with an origin story. If you never saw Flash out of his mask, he'd just be the Flash, no need to say whether he is Barry or Wally or anything.

Cyborg, from what little I know, is integral to the Motherbox/ Invasion plotlines and needs his origin tied into it.

until Superman showed up. Holy. Shit. I mean, come the fuck on, couldn't he have been more than just a minor inconvenience to Superman?
    I think the only way I can explain it is that Superman detractors often say Superman is boring because he's so powerful. Superman fans point out that it's about who he is, and the power levels play off that and of course there's plenty of other characters on his power levels.

If you have a person in charge of Superman that doesn't GET Superman, that doesn't like him and understand him, then you get a brooding alien, unable to empathize or interface with humanity and unequaled in power except by those like him (fellow kryptonians).
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm just gonna vent here about my beloved comic book movies.

MoS, BvS, and JL all should have been better. I have two theories as to why they arent great.

First, Ben Affleck. I think he could have been a really good Batman/Bruce Wayne...but for some reason, he clearly doesn't want to be there. I think he should direct the next one. He's a better director than an actor anyway. I wanted to give him the chance when he was first announced, but he never lived up to his potential. He brings down these movies. Gal Gadot is fantastic as WW. I thought the guy who played Cyborg was really good. Though Cyborg's powers are not as interesting as say, Green Lantern or Martian Manhunter, there is some depth there, with his relationship with his father. The Flash is perfect for the big screen. Everyone loves slo-mo scenes, like Quicksilver from Xmen. Those scenes are great. The actor was not bad either. Jason Mamoa is Jason Mamoa. Aquaman has a hard time fitting in when everythign happens on land, but who doesnt like Khal Drogo under water! And I dont really have a problem with Henry Cavill as Superman. I think he is a perfectly fine Superman.

Second, and this is really the biggest problem I think...DC has fucked up with their villains. And it's Heath Ledger's fault. He was so good. He set the bar so high, burning up the screen every scene he was in. He was the perfect villain, and no one has come close to replicating his performance. Zod should have been better. I like that actor, but it didnt work. Doomsday was terrible, but mostly because of Lex, who is also terrible. Steppenwolf, I simply couldnt care less about this guy. Without a great villain, superhero movies will fail. Marvel is ahead of the game on this. Winter Soldier, we are invested in that character. Civil War, the good guys became the bad guys, depending on which side you took. We had emotions invested in one side. Just recently in Ragnarok, Hela the sister of Thor, played by the unbelievable Cate Blanchett, also great. Loki is great as the brother villain, his duality of going back and forth is interesting. The build up to Thanos and Infinity War, also great. The Ancient One using blood magic in Dr. Strange, also more interesting.

Now, don't get me wrong, no villain in Marvel is as good as Ledger either, but at least we have some character development with them that gets the audience invested. It's two fold, the actors that are playing the roles, and the role itself. DC is being dominated by Marvel, and it's sad, because there is no bigger names than Superman and Batman. Everything comes after, even my beloved Wolverine. Every kid knows about Batman and Superman, they should be doing a better job with this.

The only conclusion I can come to is that it's Zack Snyder. Who I didnt hate from the beginning. I pushed back when my friend's said he was the problem. Chris Nolan must be an EP in name only, because his influence has not really been seen in DC. Certainly not the way Fiege and them have influenced the arc of MCU.

Synder has to go. Affleck has to go, at least as an actor, I'm sure he'd be a great director. And the best thing about comic book movies is that they are timeless. Easily rebooted. There is a plethora of back story that doesn't even need to be introduced in a movie because of the books. It's all there, we know the origins of so many of these heroes, that you can replace them and keep moving on. Batman is more than Keaton, Bale, etc. Superman is more than Reeves. Wolverine is more than Hugh Jackman(though this might be the hardest actor to replace, other than Ledger. RIP). DC can easily get back on track with the future of Justice League. Hold off on JL2, make some single hero movies, reintroduce a new Batman, in say MoS2, and get back on track.

/rant end
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

it was expectedly shite.
    Nothing to report besides that.

I really hope dc stops trying to ride the marvel gravy train, The one movie of thier series that has done well was expected to be a failure and that was wonder woman, Aquaman will kick ass but only due to the actor thats playing him. THe rest are mediocre at best. Give us a liveaction batman beyond movie instead please.

Deleted
    I also just hated how they handled Steppenwolf. The guy is a serious bad-ass, and they started out the movie with him as a decent bad-ass.......until Superman showed up. Holy. Shit. I mean, come the fuck on, couldn't he have been more than just a minor inconvenience to Superman?
    Don't know how powerful Steppenwolf usually is, but based on this I imagine fuckin Darkseid will be defeated in seconds and we will only have a 2 hour movie because Supes will be busy moping for the first two thirds.

And we won'tz even get the awesome "living in a cardboard world" speech.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    I'm just gonna vent here about my beloved comic book movies.

MoS, BvS, and JL all should have been better. I have two theories as to why they arent great.
    Both of those theories are valid but let me propose another one.

DC movies suck compared to Marvel, because Marvel had an 8 year head start. DC is trying to rush out JL as soon as possible without introducing any characters in solo flicks before. Marvel built up its characters before doing Avengers. DC is trying to do JL and then maybe flesh out the individual heroes. And even there we will have an Aquaman movie. God knows what that will be like. And a Cyborg. Aside from that we have Shazam and Green Lantern Corps (which might mean fuckin all of the human ones because lets rush as many characters out as we can) Not even a Flash standalone, who based on all the reviews is the best character.

They should just accept that they are behind the curve and slowly but properly build up their universe.

the worst part of making mopey superman is that henry cavill is quite a charming actor and its using his wrong skill set. A smiling cavill is far more charismatic that one doing stank face. Hes no robert downie jr or christian bale with the dramatic acting range.

Deleted
    Suffered from the same thing BvS did. They tried to ram 5 movies into one.

Steppenwolf sucked both as villain and the CGI looked like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I really hope dc stops trying to ride the marvel gravy train, The one movie of thier series that has done well was expected to be a failure and that was wonder woman, Aquaman will kick ass but only due to the actor thats playing him. THe rest are mediocre at best.
    I think they had a bad start with their show-runner, whereas Marvel got their show-runner right and so they're doing great, NOW. Not like old Superman movies were garbage, and how many batman movies have been good vs bad? Marvel has had a bunch of bad flix, before they got into their stride and frankly even now it's not like every movie is a knock-out, just none are horrible.

Wonder Woman, like Deadpool, did well due to the passion behind the project. They need to find people to run their projects that are actually connected emotionally to the source material and a good product will result, IMO.

Give us a liveaction batman beyond movie instead please.
    I really think Affleck as Old Batman could work, just not sure about advancing the rest of the world to the Beyond stage. They are doing isolated stories, so it's possible anyway.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Biggest pile of crap I saw this year. Jesus, it was nearly as bad as Suicide Squad. How anyone is able to fuck up this many characters and have the most boring dialog in a movie is beyond me. Jesus, the CGI even looked as if they didn't give a single shit themselves.

How this gets rated higher then BvS is beyond me. It was beyond boring with boring action, boring dialogs, retarded Aquaman, hilariously bad CGI on a villain, ..

And Batman was the most useless shit ever. BATMAN...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Both of those theories are valid but let me propose another one.

DC movies suck compared to Marvel, because Marvel had an 8 year head start. DC is trying to rush out JL as soon as possible without introducing any characters in solo flicks before. Marvel built up its characters before doing Avengers. DC is trying to do JL and then maybe flesh out the individual heroes. And even there we will have an Aquaman movie. God knows what that will be like. And a Cyborg. Aside from that we have Shazam and Green Lantern Corps (which might mean fuckin all of the human ones because lets rush as many characters out as we can) Not even a Flash standalone, who based on all the reviews is the best character.

They should just accept that they are behind the curve and slowly but properly build up their universe.
    I agree mostly with this. But I still think the DC heroes have more cache with the general public. Superman and Batman have been around long before Marvel hit it big on the big screen. Wonder Woman too. WW movie was perfect, she could carry a movie. I'm not sure they need a full stand alone Aquaman or Flash movie, tbh. And I love the Flash. I agree 100% that JL itself, the movie, was rushed. They could have spent more time on the assembling of the team. BvS could have been 30minutes of tension between B and S. The rest of that movie could have been about fleshing out the story of Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg. I thought that scene with WW and Cyborg on the street was a good one. They could have spent more time. Have WW, B, and S each go recruit one of the other 3. Spend BvS doign that. Of course, maybe its not called BvS if thats the case.

I've got no problem believing the production is rushed too. Which makes no sense. The folks who spend most of the money on these movies, folks with disposable income arent all of a sudden not going to want to watch them 5 years from now. I'm 32, I love this stuff. I loved it as a kid, and waited almost 15 years after falling in love with XMen cartoon for them to make a movie. Which I 100% knew was an absolute no-brainer. I knew these movies would, if done right, be a massive success financially. And I will still love these movies when I'm 42, maybe I will have a kid by then and can introduce my kid to the joy of these movies. It is built in to the mythos of superhero movies to reboot them every so often. They can go in so many directions. There is no rush.

I do hope they take a step back, go the route of a few individual movies, introduce the lesser known characters in those movies, maybe if they are strong enough characters give them their own. They can still do this with Green Lantern. In MoS2, introduce the Lanterns again, have Superman be the conduit. Make a Flash movie, have Batman be the Tony Stark to Spiderman. I mean, Tony and Bruce are basically the same person. What makes it different is RDJ. Gotta find a charismatic Bruce actor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Wonder Woman, like Deadpool, did well due to the passion behind the project. They need to find people to run their projects that are actually connected emotionally to the source material and a good product will result, IMO.
    This is 100% accurate. I agree.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Saw it for a second time and liked it even less. Bring on the Zack Snyder cut, finished cgi or not.

I loved seeing the GL Corps mixing it up in that flashback.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wanted to love this movie, but as other people have said, it was just too rushed to really enjoy.

I truly hate that WB forced a 2-hour limit on the movie. I now hope that there is an extended cut so I can feel like I can actually watch the movie as intended.

What's going on with Aquaman?

How did Cyborg get injured? Where did S.T.A.R. Labs get their motherbox and how did Victor's dad come to try and use the motherbox on his son?

How did Barry get his powers?

The only reason I wasn't lost, was because I'm a huge DC fan. I went to see this movie over Thanksgiving weekend with three other people, and I spent almost an hour after the film answering questions to help fill them in on what was going on. That's not a good thing for a movie.

As a DC fan, yes, I loved the fan service. I smiled and loved it when I heard the original Batman and Superman themes, I liked the "truth, justice, and the American way!" reference from Supes, and even though I rolled my eyes I liked the "booya" from Cyborg.

I also just hated how they handled Steppenwolf. The guy is a serious bad-ass, and they started out the movie with him as a decent bad-ass.......until Superman showed up. Holy. Shit. I mean, come the fuck on, couldn't he have been more than just a minor inconvenience to Superman?
    I think it would have been better for Cyborg and Flash to have their own movies to explain everything.

Deleted
    The problem isn't that 3 people have no origin story in this movie, the problem is that literally everything about this movie is just plain retarded.

Everything. (besides Wonder Woman perhaps)

I want to see it in Imax with the most cynical approach. I read most of the complain and I was looking forward to see them on screen.
    I was surprisingly satisfied with the movie.
    The editing was not completely retard like SSquad.
    You didn't feel like there was 2 versions of the movie fighting each other like SSquad once again.
    No absurd plot twist that was not even tried in comic like BvS(Martha!).
    The character intro was just fine, not half the movie with ton of useless flashback like you know who.
    A couple of cameo ala Green Lantern.

The only main issue I had, an other grey villain with ultra bad CGI. I think the first time you see it, it even lower quality. Even worst since SteppenWolf look so human in the New 52... Black / Red costum with a black beard, tadam, 100x better then grey face cgi.

It could have been better but it's a huge improvement over the first 3 films in the series. I just hope WB and Snyder will learn from this.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    You didn't feel like there was 2 versions of the movie fighting each other like SSquad once again.
    Really? It wasn't obvious which scenes were old, and which were added? It wasn't obvious which dialogue had meaning, and which was 5-year-old-jokes-kill-me-god writing?
    It wasn't obvious which CGI moments were done incredibly and which ones looked like they came out of a low budget tv show?

"Huge improvement over the first 3 films", you know, it's okay to have an opinion, but Justice League had so many flaws and did so many things wrong, I really struggle to figure out how were you even able to form that opinion...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    That's nothing compared to twists like "I gave your mom cancer" or magical security cameras
    not sure what u refer to here sorry ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was pretty bad. A big swing and a big miss.

Steppenwolf has to go down as one of the worst villains ever ?
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Those are the plot devices upon which the third acts of GotG2 and Civil War hinge, respectively. They are borderline retarded and inexplicable. Yet the very same people that will incessantly bash the "Martha" scene defend both these scenes and praise the movies of which they are a part. Martha at least makes sense in the context of what's going on in the film, but Cancer is just an out of the blue unforced error to push the third act of the film. And the Magical Security Camera is downright laughable in every respect.

GotG2 is a fun film that I enjoyed a lot, but anyone defending Cancer is just a fanboy. And while I felt Civil War was an absolute drudgery to watch, defending Magical Security Camera while hacking at Martha seems like all the cookware in the world pointing at a lone pot
    and what if I bash both Martha thing and magical camer cancer stuff aswell?

let's abstract from these lulls for a second there.
    What do we have left?
    GoTG2 still remains a fun, jolly and interesting watch.
    BvS remains the same jaw-wrenching , due to constand yawning, and facedamaging, due to constant facepalming, drag.