Thread: Gold Inflation

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    They should make gold account wide and reduce the gold cap by a lot. This would actually force people to use gold to not get capped. They won't cause it makes them money if people hoard and buy whatever activision throws on blizz launcher, but they should.

Fuck gold squish.

All i see in this thread is a bunch of poor people crying about how much gold they don't have!

Quote Originally Posted by 2about View Post
    so from 1 mill cap to 10 mill, thats 1,000% increase? NGFR.
    You went full potato there, mate.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Yes it is. a 100% increase would be x2. A 1,000% increase is x10. A thousand PERCENT, not a thousands times.

Reading comprehension.
    A 1,000% increase is x11

OT:
    I think they should introduce new coins. So instead of having 1 million gold, we would have 10k [name1], 100 [name2] or 1 [name3].
    Last edited by JohnRoads; 2017-11-28 at 08:32 AM.

We'll, little to spend the gold on. I actually blew about 5 million the other month in 1-2 days. Pretty insane, but when you make 50k raw profit a day on easy AH playing (way easier than say back in just WOD) it dosent hurt a lot.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Capitalism vs. communism is strong with this thread.

Capitalists don't want you to touch their gold, communists want the Big Brother to make order in chaos and rule the incomes.

There is no gold inflation in the game. Inflation means that one day 100g worth 100g, the other day 100g worth 80g etc. Instead we have vendor items with static prices and loot drops that don't change price when you vendor them. These prices are the same on each day.
    And I dare to say that there is no inflation in the AH either, instead the prices are going lower and lower nearing the end of an expansion - consumables, crafted items etc. lose their value over time, because the supply and demand changes. That's not inflation either.

There is gold hoarding in present and multiple sources of pve gold. 2500-3000g for 1 mission, 150g for completing a world quest (3x50 from follower) etc. While there is nothing to spend on this amount of gold. The incoming gold from pve sources is not in balance with the available gold sinks.

Tokens: The millionaires have already bought enough tokens for years, they don't need more, and poor ppl with "only" a few hundreds of thousands of gold can't afford the token, because it's too expensive for them. So tokens are no longer serve as an effective gold sink. High income and low income is also a factor, but that also means rich and poor.

This is how it works: Many ppl get gold from the pve sources. They spend their gold in the AH, giving most of their pve gold to the top sellers, it's only a few ppl compared to the population that farms pve gold for them. So this few, these millionaires have so much gold that they can't spend it anymore, while most of ppl have low amount of gold compared to the rich. Most of ppl have average/low gold income, while only a few have vast amount of income on each month/day.

So it's not enough that you have a million or two, you have to have a high income as well to be able to keep it up. That's why many ppl hoard, because most don't have a stable, high income of gold, just the average pve sources, so it's a big cut of their gold if they buy something expensive; and the rich can't spend enough gold to prevent hoarding. This leads to the gold phenomenon we are talking about now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phumbles View Post
    There's no fix at this point. There's too much gold on people's accounts. The only real fix would be a full gold reset while also reducing gold rewards from a lot of quests in the game. But too many people would QQ. This is a big reason I'm looking forward to classic servers.
    So fuck over people that earned their gold? Let's destroy retail so CLASSIC will not get made. Trying to pretend that same will not happen on classic servers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    All i see in this thread is a bunch of poor people crying about how much gold they don't have!
    Gold/money itself doesn't have value, if you don't have anything to spend it on. You can't eat it, you can't ride it etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Since item levels are going back down to below 200, grey items will sell for what they did back in TBC, so yeah, there will be much less gold in circulation in BfA.
    Have you got a blue for that? I know the squish is coming but I haven't read anyone any items values are going to be squished. Even if they did, I can't see BFA greys selling for a handful of silver

I think mmochamp is drastically overestimating the issue. MMochamp is filled with players who try to play more optimally and read up on the game. 70% of players are probably running on like 30k gold or less. I had a guy in a pug raid who couldn't afford repairs.

Gold amounts you can obtain was never a problem. This thread seems to me like people who are lazy to earn gold whining.

Even if they squish gold same issue would be there. People who know how to get gold would still hold majority of gold and poor people would still be poor. no matter what numbers you atttach to it.

Maybe you should start doing something if you want gold and stop whining on forums about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    There is a good gold sink available, it's called the WoW token.

Deleted
    Stop asking gold sink and lear to make gold, if you are on food stamp in wow and irl don't ruin others life ty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I would do. Every gold you have now becomes worth one penny. So you'll still have your gold you earned. It just scales down to a penny per gold. Then everything gets reset. You get like 3 copper for doing a quest now. 1g for a high paying board mission and so on. Would level the playing field.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Here's what I would do. Every gold you have now becomes worth one penny. So you'll still have your gold you earned. It just scales down to a penny per gold. Then everything gets reset. You get like 3 copper for doing a quest now. 1g for a high paying board mission and so on. Would level the playing field.
    No that wont really change anything besides the numbers. If you are poor before, you would be poor after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    And vendor item will get shrinked too.

Or new currencies based on ores. Examples:

1 Thorium Coin = 100 Gold Coins
    1 Khorium Coin = 100 Thorium Coins
    1 Saronite Coin = 100 Khorium Coins

1 Pyrite Coin = 100 Saronite Coins
    1 Trillium Coin = 100 Pyrite Coins
    1 Truesteel Coin = 100 Trillium Coins

1 Empyrium Coin = 100 Truesteel Coins

Then, an option in currencies to hide ones you don't want to see (like silver, or copper, or gold).

They could just introduce a new coin. Like Platinum or Rhodium for example. Or just any make up name. You could even introduce a couple of new coins, each being an x100 of the other. So 10000g = 100p = 1r for example. That way you will reduce uncomfortable numbers (it is getting ridiculous, chugging out millions of gold in shops and auctions) without changing the inflation curve. A band aid solution, but it will work. So instead of 10000 gold for a quest in BfA you would get 1r coin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    No that wont really change anything besides the numbers. If you are poor before, you would be poor after.
    That's not what it's intended to fix. Rich players will always be rich, because they spend time working on getting richer.