Thread: Gold Inflation

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm a decent guild and we have maybe 10 raiders with less thank 100k gold. They have consumables and all that but they just don't bother with gold, at all.

As long as they have enough to raid they don't care. And that's probably 80-90% of the wow population.

The biggest issue of inflation is easily acquired gold - one gold mission - boom 2700 to 3000gold; Do 10-15 gold WQs around the world with a follower with + gold items - 5000-6000 easy; emissary daily - 1000 gold.

So in 30 minutes of playing anyone can make 5k, even without trying to make gold. That inflates the prices of low tier commodities and further allows AH users to get richer. If anything we need to reduce gold income from the world and atleast double repair costs. That way raiders will bleed some gold out of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they should also do a materials squish. Could really help clean up some of those alt guild banks. There isn'a a need for so many different types of herbs, ores, and cloths anymore. It just over complicates everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there isn't people are doing what they did in garrisons in class halls, 10-20 alts, run them all through argus, gear up with 30/50/x gear on followers, usually get 2 1k+1750g gold missions per day, so 5500*10 toons = 55k a day, 1 mill in under 20 days.

blizzard failed completely at stopping this lol.
    Honestly if someone decided to run 20 toons to 110, gear them totally, run resources so that they can keep pumping out missions, and has it so they can somehow get 5k a day from missions, they deserve that gold. That is a ton of time investment.

I have 12 lvl 110s. I don't make 5k a day from my absolute best char with champions/follower relic %. Best I can do is 2500 or so and that doesn't come up every day.

Yes, it is free money and I probably make 1mil every 3 months or so from mission gold. The problem is the time needed to get resources to pump out missions consistently...it is a big time resource, and I want to stab myself from doing WQ.

The other ways to make gold are pretty bad too. I won't list them as I don't want them nerfed

Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Needs to happen anyway. Increasing gold cap, doesnt help at all, only created the problem. If they want to have it like this, they need to increase repair gold to a maximum of 200,000 gold for full repair. And so on. This is the current path WoW is heading. Not good.

Or,

AH items (selling crafted, rare drop etc) to have a specific value that cannot be priced by players (similar to BDO), with less gold cap limit.
    Let's say you loot a BoE ilvl 970, you cannot sell it for more than 40,000 gold, and its range would be 35,000 to 40,000, whereas a ilvl 840 item would be sold at 5,000 to 7,500 gold. Spider mount would cost approx 200,000 gold.<---rough examples. I'd say, Gold cap to be 500,000 only, or 1 mill tops. Account wide. Probably has some flaws, but tbh its alot better than the current system wow has. Yes, this sounds like controlling players not to be too rich. Tbh, thats the point.

The more richer you are, the more you demand from your items, and you are unwilling to spend that gold.

I dunno honestly, I just say instead of increasing gold limit, decrease it. or put a certain limit, account wide, like 10mill gold, or 1 mill gold.
    That does nothing, besides absolutely irritate the people above the gold cap, because they have to constantly shift gold to other characters even more often. You actually run out of meaningful things to even spend it on.

Deleted
    I'm not asking for gold sinks to make the rich any less rich. I have millions of gold myself, that's not the issue by any means. I just don't want to have 24 trillion gold and buy a single flask for 15 million.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    That's not what it's intended to fix. Rich players will always be rich, because they spend time working on getting richer.
    Then what is it intended to fix? And what playing field would it level?

Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    yeah dude, use some EU maths.

when it comes to gold sinks i don't think there is enough. there would have to be something that affected everyone, like massively increased repair costs or like i said vendor items needed for everything craftable (like a 5 gold item).

they cant just squish it, as everyone would feel robbed, so they have to make it something thats slowly progressing.
    The problem is, if you make repair expensive, new players, or new to server, that have no gold makes it now prohibitive to repair. Best option is gold sinks, offer up some pets/mounts/experiences that cost a good deal of gold, perhaps even special transmog/illusion stuff also along the same lines.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosua View Post
    The problem is, if you make repair expensive, new players, or new to server, that have no gold makes it now prohibitive to repair. Best option is gold sinks, offer up some pets/mounts/experiences that cost a good deal of gold, perhaps even special transmog/illusion stuff also along the same lines.
    i get that but it would have to be something that affects everyone to a certain extent. huge gold sinks couldn't have static prices either, because they wouldn't be affordable anymore at some point.

Deleted
    The gold cap does not matter. Increasing the gold cap does not matter. Just because you can now hold 10M or 100M gold doesn't change the price of certain items.

Let's say you increase the gold cap to 100M to "fix" this problem. How is that a fix? The people who currently have 10M won't pay that 10M for anything and the people having only 1M won't pay more for their stuff. You could create a Mount and let that mount cost 20M and increase the goldcap to 100M - sure - but this is just some "stupid" idea and has no sense behind it. Increasing the goldcap is even more problematic. People want to reach goldcap, it does not matter if its 1M, 10M or 100M. They want to reach it. If they reach 1M, they are happy and "done", but since it was increased to 10M, there is no "I'm done", because 10M is harder to reach. So they keep generating money.

Surely, there is an inflation. But not because of the higher goldcap. Its because generating gold is too damn easy with missions. You can log on 10 rogues every week and generate 50k gold out of nothing and on top of that you can do the missons for thousands of gold every day without any work. If you want gold to be more valuable you have to remove that stuff entirely.

There will always be people who have millions, because they dominate the servers economy and you can't stop them. But you have to stop the people who can create 100k a week by lying in the bed and checking the app for 5mins. This is what increased inflation. Not the goldcap. And you can't stop inflation if you keep this mechanics.

And since everybody believes, that this methods will be removed in BfA, you don't know if Blizzard will start to reward you with 10.000 gold everytime you open a emissary box... After this Goldlootpinata in WoD and Legion, and worldquests starting to give 1000G, everything is possible.

So, the best way for you is to spend your gold all the time for anything you want. Mounts, Pets, Toys, Transmogs, WoW token for Bnet currency. Especially the last part - if Blizzard is really that stupid enough and will increase the Goldcap to 100M, it will be because of the ingame mechanics which will allow you to generate that amount of gold for every player - not just the already rich ones and at this point the WoWtoken will skyrocket. It was 60k now and is 300k now on EU. (x5). If this occurs again, it will be 1.5m in BfA. Now you can argue "WAY TOO MUCH", but is it really too much, if the actual goldcap is 100M and you can actually generate that amount with fairly less work?

Buying a WoWtoken in BfA that nets for 1.5M gold if you sell it, just imagine your ingame profits. Thats why: always spend your gold. Keep maybe 1-3M depending on what you want to get, but in general: stop hoarding it
    Last edited by mmoc52398e7931; 2017-11-28 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    unlike damage meters you dont have to read gold on the fly tho, they could just add a new currency like platinum thats 100g
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    yep - I'm averaging ~2 million a month according to my spreadsheet, been recording data since September...this is *just* missions. Blizzard is clearly inflating gold on purpose.
    If Blizzard didn't implement gold/BoS missions, there would be many more people selling tokens for gold, slowing the token inflation and increasing the number of token sold. I don't think Blizzard is doing that on purpose in this case, but just giving casual players a reliable way of making some gold.

There has to be a constant inflation in mmo where players get continously stronger, otherwise people would farm old quests and mobs for gold, if the incentive on current content wasn't higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    They should just do a gold squish. People who are rich in Legion will become tycoons after that but it's still the best choice imo.
    Not how math works but okay.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

Give me more gold sinks and I will spend. I'm not nearly making what I did in past expansions due to laziness. You put in another 2m mount and I'll buy it. Hell sell me the title Millionaire and I'd pay 1m for it no sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Give me more gold sinks and I will spend. I'm not nearly making what I did in past expansions due to laziness. You put in another 2m mount and I'll buy it. Hell sell me the title Millionaire and I'd pay 1m for it no sweat.
    Yeah some "Millionaire" and "the Fabulously Wealthy" titles could be a great idea. I also think just joke novelty items could be fun.

Like a 10 million gold mount that goes at / walking speed but looks like this -

You could even make it so you can "upgrade" your servants with new outfits and accessories for even more gold for that real regal look

Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2017-11-28 at 01:05 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    there isn't people are doing what they did in garrisons in class halls, 10-20 alts, run them all through argus, gear up with 30/50/x gear on followers, usually get 2 1k+1750g gold missions per day, so 5500*10 toons = 55k a day, 1 mill in under 20 days.

blizzard failed completely at stopping this lol.
    Dude I have 6 very geared toons all with 950 champs with even some of the new Argus legendary equips, and sure I could easily get up to 10 or more fully leveled toons just to take advantage of that "sweet" order hall gold, but this is not an issue and you're exaggerating this beyond belief.

Nobody is doing what you're saying people are doing.

You see the issue in WOD was that you could do all that kind of shit with just your order hall as you had nearly infinite resources at your disposal (via missions that give resources and so on) so you could keep pumping out missions without ever leaving your garrison at all.

Legion class halls do not work the same way, you have to farm to get all those resources and in the process of farming you'll get more gold than you will ever get from your order hall just "passively" doing missions. Not to mention that it's actually quite a bit of work involved to get your order hall all maxed out and everything and have an adequate amount of resources at your disposal. There are far better ways to make gold than doing this.

Also those new Argus gold missions are not that frequent and cost a lot of resources.

The problem people are experiencing here is still a problem created by WOD, there just haven't been significant enough gold sinks in Legion to keep those people that exploited garrisons from still having massive amounts of gold. And plus people are cheap bastards and won't spend what they think is too much gold for an item on the auction house when they can just go out and farm it or something.

Now you'll rebuttal and say that getting order hall resources is easy. Well here's the thing. It's even EASIER if you spend Blood of Sargeras on them. Only if I did that instead of using Bloods to buy mats and make pots I would have far less gold and spend so very much more time in game just farming resources to do the missions.

Plus the fucking gold missions don't even come in every day as some posters have said here.

If you want to make gold in legion, have at least one toon with gathering profesions and another with alchemy and something like jewelcrafting, and use combat followers with equips that give you gold for completing world quests. The amount of gold I get if I clear all world quests and so on with all of my toons (or just one one of two of them) is far more than you will ever get from just sitting in your order hall doing missions.

Oh and I didn't even mention gold from clearing old raids. Do just that on a few toons every week and you'll pay your sub and then some no prob. Only issue is WOD raids, because you need at least 2 people to clear them all on mythic difficulty due to mechanics.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-11-28 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon-Man View Post
    Needs to happen anyway. Increasing gold cap, doesnt help at all, only created the problem. If they want to have it like this, they need to increase repair gold to a maximum of 200,000 gold for full repair. And so on. This is the current path WoW is heading. Not good.
    Sorry are you really THAT silly?
    that applied to the real life you are saying because .01% of the world have billions o0f money a bread should cost 20.000 bucks?
    there is no gold problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Codah View Post
    They should just do a gold squish. People who are rich in Legion will become tycoons after that but it's still the best choice imo.
    Since in-game gold is loosely coupled to RL currency now this would cause a huge backslash that very likely would cause law suits in many cases. I am not saying that it would be against the law, I am not saying they are not allowed to do it and it could be that they win such law suits easily but they would still have to manage it and pay their own layers and would get a lot of negative publicity.
    This will just not be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnRoads View Post
    Then what is it intended to fix? And what playing field would it level?
    Too much gold is being poured into the game. That's what It would fix.

And you level the playing field by making current rewards more valuable in relation to the ones in the past. They could repeat the gold squish as required. Or even after every expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    Inflation is a hard thing to manage because to create gold sinks that most people feel to spend their gold on they need to be on basic things that they use, which will in turn hurt people who dont have that much gold... If you do a gold squish you are basically robbing their money so it will be met with high controversy.
    The current gold sinks are mounts for the most part, but me and others who have millions of gold we dont find them appealing so we never spend it.
    They just should rework the BMAH. Instead of 1 person winning with about 10 millions on a rare mount, while 19 people lose out with 2 millions, they could remove 40 millions if these things would have a set buyout price.

Rare mounts: 2 millions like the spider mount, probably double amount for mounts removed from the game
    T3 pieces: 500K per piece - also add MoP challenge mode set items for the same price (a total of 4 millions for a complete set)
    "Gambling boxes" of leftover items: 100K

Let people buy so many of these things they can afford. Boom, gold removal.

If you want some things still to be a bit more rare, then let them appear only once in a while, like they already do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cathbadh View Post
    Also this. :3