Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Nah nah nah nah this is too much troll and beatiful to be true.
    That story seems like a lie.

You know the story of "The Boy Who Cried Wolf"? Google it. You are the boy.
    I saw Asmongold in that video waiting for his interview with the devs at Blizzcon and he looked like an emaciated scared homeless sheep. His clothes looked like they had been slept in for a month straight. He's the poster boy for someone who turns into a complete tyrannical control freak when logging into a video game.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Screenshotting something would be, probably, last thing to consider for me in wow since 2008 or so. My last screenshot was of a quest where bunch of NPCs were standing in the line to bathroom. But i get your idea. If i would experience something like OP - i would be bothered with screenshots or even creating a thread of the forum, different people do different things
    I wouldn't either, I'd just chalk it up to people being dicks and move on. Hypothetically though if I were to experience that situation and think "I'm going to make a thread about this" I'd also think "I better screen shot this as proof I'm not talking bollocks".

I for the first time ever agree with Jaylock I was kind of interested in the idea of project 60 and 70 but after watching a few different streamers involved it was pretty toxic and Asmon's followers seemed to be the worst of the ones I did watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Yes he is always trolling/baiting/lying, there is no way of knowing if what he is saying is true anymore.
    Don't you think he went too deep on the lie with this one? He just needed to push a little bit further...

I think he went too deep with this one...
    An unlikely truth doesn't make it a lie, also doesn't make it a truth. It's impossible to know for sure without having been there or some kind of screenshot, or video recording.

It seemed he got banned somehow as well.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

I remember a similar thing happened during the beginning of WoTLK where people were forming level 60 guilds to open AQ on new servers. They were extremely toxic back then as well.

If you're looking for a place to have nice conversations about the upcoming Classic, I would not recommend these legacy guilds.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Since this is happening on retail servers, I didn't post it in the classic discussion forum...

So Asmongold and several other streamers decided to make a bunch of guilds on the Sisters of Elune - US server, and basically the premise is to level to 70 and do heroic dungeons and raiding once you hit 70 with less players than the raids accept.

I made a character and joined one of the guilds, specifically --- snip ---, and man... I thought the retail playerbase was toxic... boy was I wrong in comparison to the type of players who do these "vanilla / tbc" like guilds...

Basically they have a bunch of rules and if you happen to break any rule, even on accident, or not knowing, players in the guilds will mock you and call you all sorts of names and call you a "retail asshole" (i actually saw that in the guild I was in, they called someone a "retail asshole") and then their leaders will proceed to kick you from the guild.

Even people who didn't break rules who asked why there are all of these nit-picky rules got booted.. just for asking.

If this is what the "classic" community is like, i'd much rather not be a part of classic servers. I was getting excited for classic servers, but seeing how toxic and vile some of the players in this "vanilla / tbc" experiment are, i think i'll pass.

Infracted.
    Coming from the most toxic poster on MMO-C. How fucking rich.
    Enjoy your fucking ban, toxic waste.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-11-28 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    An unlikely truth doesn't make it a lie, also doesn't make it a truth. It's impossible to know for sure without having been there or some kind of screenshot, or video recording.

It seemed he got banned somehow as well.
    Oh he is always banned. Nothing new.
    I actually wanted to see him defending himself...
    I still think he is lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'll stick to retail then or rather not be part of this "Project 70" crowd. Living in the past just leads to issues it seems.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

I often disagree with Jaylock, but he is by no means a constant liar or trolling as claimed.
    There may be a more significant amount of certain behaviour from him than most, but that certainly does not define him.

If their behaviour is extending outside of the guild, trying to enforce artificial rules upon players not opting into them is wrong.
    We may disagree with what is traditionally acceptable or not in a guild, but it is in a guild and deemed acceptable by blizzard by not breaking their rules.
    As long as it stays there, which I suspect it isn't.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-28 at 03:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Wow the irony of this thread is mind blowing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorin View Post
    It's a Jaylock thread, 90% chance it's a troll. Get your b8 m8s.
    He is right, though. Some streamers even encourage their P60/P70 members for bad behavior, especially on RP servers.

Any of the project 60 or 70 is just basically bad Twink players, nothing more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Time out; are these "project #'s" guilds playing on private servers? Or actual WoW live?

Also, I am unfamiliar with the whole reasoning why they are doing this. Can anybody explain?
    Because you can't stream private servers footage to twitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

15+ Year Old Account
    These 60/70 projects on live servers make zero sense. Characters are so much more powerful compared to the original, it's not even funny. While you can downsize your raids you can't really downsize your 5man groups.
    Last edited by Zka; 2017-11-28 at 08:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    Because you can't stream private servers footage to twitch.
    I get it now, the neckbeard twitch streamers need to channel the hype of their game mode announcement in order to ride that advertisement wave all the way to Classic launch.

What a goddamn joke, lmao.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Jaylock? Banned?

Project 70 has not just been a massive failure it has highlighted the toxicity of the players who run it and who want to create trouble for those on retail who did nothing to bother them.

As a roleplayer, I dislike having my roleplay disrupted by a few asshats running around popular rp hubs causing shit because they want to disrupt other peoples entertainment.

Roleplayers didnt bother you, why the HELL are you bothering us?

For those in project 60/70 who are NOT responsible for this, fair enough, you enjoy your little project and do so in silence, and please, dont bother the rest of us, we left you alone.

But for the project 70 players who are doing this provocatively to start trouble.

I do hope you get the ban you deserve, and i dearly hope, that when your banned, your banned from classic servers too, just to really teach you a lesson in harrassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's Asmongold. The only player more out of touch with how this game works then my mom. Need we say more?
    His achievment guides are really decent though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Welcome to almost every single big steamers communities that follows behind the streamers today, attitudes is like!

Deleted
    have to say i was amused to see him level a tauren paladin, and then proceed to say goblins weren't allowed because they weren't in TBC.

Omg Jay got infracted and banned? Isn't he the official mascot of moochamp or something? But yeah, Asmongold is indeed an elitist prick.