Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'd list Highmountain as Air, since water and ice are the same element.
    That's only the Skyhorns imo. Rivermane could be earth or water since they're all about farming.

Can't remember what Highmountain tribe specialty was, think they were warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    And once a generation a bull-person will have the power to control all four of the elements.
    lol but there is no air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's only the Skyhorns imo. Rivermane could be earth or water since they're all about farming.

Can't remember what Highmountain tribe specialty was, think they were warriors?
    Bloodtotem.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Bloodtotem.
    Oh yeah, forgot about those guys. Not sure if they were supposed to be wiped out or something since they joined the Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Oh yeah, forgot about those guys. Not sure if they were supposed to be wiped out or something since they joined the Legion?
    I think they are "done" in one of artifact apperance challenges.

I think they are "done" in one of artifact apperance challenges.
    I just realised that Horde should also be getting that Drogbar tribe that was allied with Highmountain tribe.

That means we get Dudebrul to train our soldiers. Alliance is done for.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It remains to be seen how Blizzard intends to handle allied races in BfA and afterwards. And Darkspears are in far greater risk, since a faction of trolls as big and important as the Zandalari is going to join the Horde.
    I think the saving grace here is that Darkspear are already jungle trolls. They are going to feel right at home with the Zandalari aesthetic, much more than forest or sand trolls would have.

And we might see some developments linking the two more tightly together. From the little we've seen, Rastakhan seems to have a daughter who will be prominently featured in the quest zones. It may sound like a stretch, but I wouldn't be surprised if this daughter ended up taking over and starting some sort of relationship with a resurrected Vol'jin.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just realised that Horde should also be getting that Drogbar tribe that was allied with Highmountain tribe.

That means we get Dudebrul to train our soldiers. Alliance is done for.
    God, I hope we get the Stonedark...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaichu View Post
    God, I hope we get the Stonedark...
    They would make a good goblin Allied Race imo. They don't have the same model, but both races share a connection through their mutual past enslavement by Deathwing and both have a few shared features.

The Horde should really get the Stonedark drogbar and the Alliance should really get the Tideskorn vrykul.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    They would make a good goblin Allied Race imo. They don't have the same model, but both races share a connection through their mutual past enslavement by Deathwing and both have a few shared features.

The Horde should really get the Stonedark drogbar and the Alliance should really get the Tideskorn vrykul.
    The crystal growths and body style of the drogbar would make having them as playable difficult but I definitely hope we see them as nonplayable allies at least.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    The crystal growths and body style of the drogbar would make having them as playable difficult but I definitely hope we see them as nonplayable allies at least.
    Is it weird that I see similarities between the Drogbar and the Trolls?
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Is it weird that I see similarities between the Drogbar and the Trolls?
    No they were called 'stone' trolls at one point in development, they've gone through a lot of different iterations, one concept art had them as bears with moose horns, and xal'atash calls them a failed titan creation implying they're some kind of ubertrogs, so they're a mix of a lot of things.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    No they were called 'stone' trolls at one point in development, they've gone through a lot of different iterations, one concept art had them as bears with moose horns, and xal'atash calls them a failed titan creation implying they're some kind of ubertrogs, so they're a mix of a lot of things.
    Oh well, Didn't know about the Stone trolls bit.
    I just find their faces similar.

And now that all Zandalari seem to have those stony bits in their bodies...
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Oh well, Didn't know about the Stone trolls bit.
    I just find their faces similar.

And now that all Zandalari seem to have those stony bits in their bodies...
    Well it's not really 'canon' but the similarity is there.

There's a bit of debate on whether the Zandalari bits are stone (I think they are) or whether they're reptilian scales (from interacting with dinosaurs so much), and whether they're naturally grown from Trolls being 'evolved' elementals, or whether they're something the trolls jab into their skin and then 'regenerate' over to grow natural armor.
    Twas brillig

7+ Year Old Account
    Well it's not really 'canon' but the similarity is there.

There's a bit of debate on whether the Zandalari bits are stone (I think they are) or whether they're reptilian scales (from interacting with dinosaurs so much), and whether they're naturally grown from Trolls being 'evolved' elementals, or whether they're something the trolls jab into their skin and then 'regenerate' over to grow natural armor.
    Whatever those things are, they are going to my troll

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    With the Highmountain being added, I'm a bit concerned we'll see them overtake the traditional tauren's place in the Horde

I'm not a fan of the Moose antlers but their architecture and shamanism is good, so I'd much prefer seeing them merge together

I think with Allied races it may be nice to eventually see the myriad tauren races align in the Horde similar to the way the Highmountain tribes each balance each other.

Yaungol: Fire
    Highmountain: Water
    Taunka: Ice
    Thunderbluff: Earth
    The Highmountain aren't just Water. The Skyhorn represent the Sky and Heavens, thus Air. The Rivermane are the only water tribe. The Bloodtotem are more about rage, thus possibly Fire.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Tauren have any place in horde ? I haven't seen them since cata. And i main one.
    Did you forget about Sunwalker Dezco? Naughty... boy I think? Bixfaunen?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Did you forget about Sunwalker Dezco? Naughty... boy I think? Bixfaunen?
    Dezco follows Baine's teachings of being chill and surrendering stuff. Like Camp Taurajo or his own children

Agreed, I'm hoping the Darkspear get some lore and thematic specializations to help differentiate them from the Zandalari
    idk, i feel the look of the darkspear is pretty distinct from the zandalari. they're much more tribal looking, with voodoo-y aesthetics. while the zandalari are mayan/aztec and look more... civilized.

i would love to see all the orcs, trolls, and tauren eventually under the horde banner. the alliance has numbers on the horde right now. only the forsaken is comparable in numbers to any alliance race. so it'd be nice to see the horde bring in more people.

I have to admit, the fact that highmountain tauren can have massive moose antlers looks highly badass and might just push a lot of the tauren off the map.

Don't worry though, because anything highmountain can do, tauren can do, and tauren can do things highmountain can't. So you'll still see plenty of paladins, priests, death knights, etc.