Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themi View Post
    No it does not necessarily need to be something everyone proftis from. Int of mages or the agi/strength buffs also only profits some persons of your raid.
    And quite honestly - windfury is nothing more than a slightly changed version of multistrike anyway....it would be quite easy to repackage it into some sort of version which works on spells.
    Not what i meant. Every shaman spec should profit.

So every mage spec profits from int so thats fine. Every warrior profits from str/agi.

Resto/Ele dont profit from wf, enhance from spellpower etc, resto wont benefit from dmg procs.

Shamans need a buff, from which melees, casters and healers benefit. Thats why druids have versatility.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-11-27 at 12:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Not what i meant. Every shaman spec should profit.

So every mage spec profits from int so thats fine. Every warrior profits from str/agi.

Resto/Ele dont profit from wf, enhance from spellpower etc, resto wont benefit from dmg procs.

Shamans need a buff, from which melees, casters and healers benefit. Thats why druids have versatility.
    They could always do something like totem mastery for elemental where we drop 4 totems together. 1 gives windfury, another gives mana regen, another gives multistrike on damaging spells or something like that, then another gives some small defensive, maybe the mini shield thing we used to have as a totem.

Our unique buff... Sentry Totem :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    They could always do something like totem mastery for elemental where we drop 4 totems together. 1 gives windfury, another gives mana regen, another gives multistrike on damaging spells or something like that, then another gives some small defensive, maybe the mini shield thing we used to have as a totem.
    No i dont want to drop a totem every few metres i run. And i dont want 4 shitty buffs.

Cant be windfury. Also cant be spellpower etc.

They need to give us something every spec profits. So in the end - crit or multistrike.
    Why's that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Why's that?
    Because everyone wants a buff the spec itself profits too.

Most of the time you are running alone. Having a buff that brings NOTHING to your own spec is shitty and wont happen.

Because everyone wants a buff the spec itself profits too.

Most of the time you are running alone. Having a buff that brings NOTHING to your own spec is shitty and wont happen.
    Buffs don't have to be boring passive stats, they could be something more interesting.

Deleted
    No i dont want to drop a totem every few metres i run. And i dont want 4 shitty buffs.
    I'm used to it now as main elemental and those totems only last 2 mins. In raids you can place them before the pull and in dungeons I put them down just before I get to the enemies, it's really not a big deal since when you're running you can't do a lot else anyway.

I'd feel bad having to place a totem for a 3% crit aura when no one else has to for theirs. But if shaman get something more powerful and interesting I'd have no problems with having to maintain totems. Considering blizz see this as giving back class specific stuff I'd expect our aura will be in the form of totems since that's historically what they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firon View Post
    I'm used to it now as main elemental and those totems only last 2 mins. In raids you can place them before the pull and in dungeons I put them down just before I get to the enemies, it's really not a big deal since when you're running you can't do a lot else anyway.

I'd feel bad having to place a totem for a 3% crit aura when no one else has to for theirs. But if shaman get something more powerful and interesting I'd have no problems with having to maintain totems. Considering blizz see this as giving back class specific stuff I'd expect our aura will be in the form of totems since that's historically what they were.
    But everyone else has passive auras or debuffs for any damage done. So everyone else can just do their rotation.

Why should shaman be the only one?

Deleted
    But everyone else has passive auras or debuffs for any damage done. So everyone else can just do their rotation.

Why should shaman be the only one?
    If it's more powerful then that would be a reason why we are the only one.

Either way I think dropping totems that provide an aura is better than maintaining the warrior/mage/priest/druid/monk buffs. Having a casted buff in a raid environment means any time someone dies and needs a battle res you'll be asked to manually cast your buff again.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post

It was fitting, seeing as almost every prominent Ele Shaman rerolled to Mage long ago..jajaja.
    Just like all the prominent Enhancements playing Warrior now

Gotta protect that raid spot!

It’s possible that Shaman get Bloodlust exclusively again, though it would have to be reworked to be balanced equally with the 5% stat auras in power.

The fact that the devs weren’t sure what to do for Shaman buff combined with the fact they’re trying to bring back some of the “bring the class” aspects of previous expansions tells me that what they want to do for Shaman is a slightly larger undertaking than they’re doing for other classes.

While in a raid, every encounter is designed around having every buff and debuff and you will ensure you bring enough of each class to cover your bases.

However, if losing the DH’s haste buff in a dungeon means your party is going to do a total of 3% less DPS, then it’s very possible Bloodlust will be nerfed in power but increased in uptime to offer a similar 3% DPS increase. This way dungeons don’t have to be designed around always having a Shaman/Mage/BM Hunter/Drums, and similarly they don’t need to worry about needing to reset cooldowns after a boss encounter ends the way raids need to.

If Bloodlust is 30% haste for 40 secs on a 5 min CD (10 min debuff), perhaps instead it’ll be 10-15% Haste for 15 seconds on a 3 min CD (3 min debuff). Instead of a passive Haste buff it’ll be specifically fulfilling the desire, and not the need, for a burn phase buff.

Bring back the $w4gl4$h totem!!