Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Not going to fight him not even in Mythic. hes too large! We'd struggle to pluck an Eyebrow.

He'll return though to help us with Void Lords after all his purpose is to kill all world souls so they cant be corrupted..Guy is a super saiyan Illadin who has killed alot more. I'd even say he is slightly heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    He IS the titan being born. He isn't witnessing his own birth, that wouldn't make sense.

It's going to be very obvious when we get there.

Argus will be born before our eyes when we arrive at the seat of the pantheon. The Titans will command us to slay him before he can end the universe. The fight starts. He doesn't cast it because he needs to focus all his energy into doing so, because he is weakened due to being drained of power for over 10,000 years.

When he wipes the raid, he will then start casting it under the impression we can't stop him now. Eonar obviously ruins that for him, and we stop him before he can end the universe.

Obviously I might be wrong because I haven't been there, but that seems the most likely course of action. He isn't fully born, or he'd have already ended the universe.
    No. You're right on all of that. Tested Argus, and got him down to 34%. I know how it goes. :/

We already know the 'pawns' of the void lords - The Old Gods. And the 'pawns' of the Old Gods as well - The Twilight Cultists.
    We're also discovering that the Void can influence our world directly, without Old Gods. Characters like Locus-Walker could serve the Void Lords without being insane cultists or followers of the Old Gods.

Yes, it could be literally anyone. Just like it could be literally anyone fighting Garrosh, or literally anyone fighting the Lich King, or literally anyone swarming Deathwing.

None of the bosses make your character's skill or experience important. This has never been the case.

Your skill wielding the weapon is precisely why you're wielding the weapon. Someone else with that weapon still would never have gotten as far as you have.
    But we've seen people fighting Garrosh, and other Aspects fighting Deathwing. There's some credibility to our character being "the one" who, through training and skill, is able to defeat them. With Sargeras, we're just arrows for their bows. No mortal could ever stand a chance against him.

Which is why I'm really hoping we don't kill Azshara here, and she ends up having her own expansion. Azshara is on that teetering level of "Already super powerful, but also has the empowerment of a cosmically-scaled being" so we can't really say HOW strong she is right this second.

She is literally the best (and only) contender for a true big bad that isn't already of a cosmic-scaled power all on her own that we have left. If she dies in just a tier, I'm going to be very upset.
    I agree. I'd settle for her becoming the main villain of Battle for Azeroth. Not a whole lot would be lost if in 8.2 the focus switches from AvH to AvHvAzshara, with our characters trying to stop the war so that we can fight against a real enemy, and 8.3 being only about her.

It'd be a shame to turn Nazjatar into another Argus, but it was always going to be a stretch to make an expansion out of it without underwater zones.

The AvH theme can't be explored in a game that can't break the balance because of its gameplay, so they may as well do a reverse MoP and have us go from a war theme to an adventure theme.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think there's any other way to show Sargeras without it getting silly. I'm excited to see him and satisfied with his ending(For Legion anyways).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Not hyped at all, the entire build up and execution has been terrible. There has been almost 0 build up towards us working with titan spirits (Which is cheesy and shitty story telling by itself.) nor us taking down Sargeras. If the whole taking down Sargeras thing wasn't spoiled months ago, and the first anyone would ever see it in a cinematic, most people their reaction would be "Wtf!?". Because there is no precedent to us being able to defeat him. No preperation, nothing, just some Deus ex machina.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    They need to do something outside the box to get people interested in plot lines again. I’ve been arguing for a while that we need to lose some expansion - you could make the end raid a small group trying to escape as the enemy closes in. Instead we have this constant “enemy arrives, we kill billions of them in the world then attack their leader in his base” storyline. I’d also love to see scenarios where we are tasked with hanging on for as long as we can before we have to run. That would make things a lot more exciting.
    They need to stop going through a checklist of killing characters without building up anyone else. When is the last time an interesting legion member has been build up for example? When we encounter the Legion again, they will have to create a complete new character who we just won't give 2 shits about.
    Last edited by mmoc2c2eb13044; 2017-11-28 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Is it normal for streamers to be completely horrible at the game?
    I think it's required...

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Too much power-creep. To me he is just the next "big" evil in a series of more and more unbelievable lore. I am gonna be honest, Deathwing had me more hyped than Sargeras at this point. The last big villain hype was Lich King.

If Lich King was Frieza in Dragon Ball Z, than Deathwing was Cell and Sargeras is Boo. That's also the order of hype.
    And Garrosh was Broly, the Legendary Super Warchief

5+ Year Old Account
    Cinematic is on now and SARGERAS LOOKS DOPE AF
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Thanks for secret leak
    Quote Originally Posted by Julisel View Post
    Very very thanks !

Only the pre-fight cinematic. Someone has to beat it and record it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peach774 View Post
    Only the pre-fight cinematic. Someone has to beat it and record it.
    Someone just did on strem
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRacoon View Post
    Thanks for secret leak
    Quote Originally Posted by Julisel View Post
    Very very thanks !

Just saw it on ching stream, Sargeras was LIT

Well, that was kind of underhwleming...

Fuck, Sargeras looks totally how I envisioned him.

And yet he's helping now-playable characters, meaning they are not evil and therefore aren't serving the Void Lords - At least not yet.

He trained Alleria, who is now training Void Elves. Since Void Elves are playable characters, those characters at least will not be servants of the Void Lords, making it unlikely the Void Lords are directly influencing the Locus Walker.

That said, they do appear to be influencing the other Ethereals - Although it's not clear if it's them or more Old Gods.
    I wasn't talking about Locus-Walker specifically. But him existing opens the possibility of other characters and factions being influenced by the Void without Old Gods or madness being involved.

Broxigar was able to wound him, so that isn't true. There's no reason mortals couldn't stand against him in enough numbers.

If he can be wounded, there's no reason enough wounds can't kill him.
    The army that paper-cut a god to death by sacrificing millions. Not quite an epic story.

While true, they are saying events in BfA will have permanent consequences - Although what those consequences will be are yet unclear.
    Other than phasing certain places for max level characters, I wouldn't expect much. What I meant is that a consequence of a "real" AvH war could be the extinction of the tauren or the gnomes, or a clear defeat of either side. That would shape the future of Warcraft.

"Losing" (always with a bronze NPC allowing us to go back) Darnassus or Undercity isn't on the same level as the Cataclysm or the wound in Silithus. Third parties will always have a larger impact, because we are allowed to destroy them in retaliation.

Anyone have a link to a video yet?

They have ruined him and the Burning Legion. We went from being attacked by a supposedly innumerable army of demons with an armada of starships to a fortnight later turning up at Sargerases gaff and kicking his head in. Not really hype worthy.

I cant wait to see the sword when he finally realizes that he can FLY in the old world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    They have ruined him and the Burning Legion. We went from being attacked by a supposedly innumerable army of demons with an armada of starships to a fortnight later turning up at Sargerases gaff and kicking his head in. Not really hype worthy.
    They didn't ruin him, they can't just have him show up instantly or all the time(Like Arthas). It would be silly.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Argus just went down on chinglishes Twitch. Pretty epic cinematic that does Sargeras justice imho. Not exactly logical though, that buddy is just chilling in the clouds and only when they attempt to bind him he pulls out his plonker and pierces good ol' Az with it.