Poll: Thoughts On Alliance Getting Void Elves?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurin View Post
    Their transformation isn't much more dramatic than priest shadow form. It's absolutely not comparable to Worgen. If you really like transforming try playing a druid. Or an orc, they can soon transform themselves to stand straight.
    ha! you......

But seriously. That's 1 out of 2. When they can transform themselves into brown orcs too, I'll do cartwheels.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    Didn't people want sub races? They are announced and immediately this comes on the forums. I remember someone's quote (from Bioware I believe?) - "You can give the players a magical hat that will offer them the gaming experience they have ever wanted, but they'll still complain about its colour" or something like that. Eh.
    Oh, I'm super stoked about the allied races. I just think it's mildly lame that they've given 2/2 races with a transformation to the Alliance. I may be biased, but I think it's a pretty fair thing to look at and say, "well damn."

I think the Alliance needed to get Void elves because both sides needed a "Wow" Factor. High-mountain Tauran are cool, but I think the new Trolls and Nightbourne are just next level. As soon as my guild saw Suramar, everyone was talking about how cool it would be to play one, and the Zandalar Trolls... that is just the coolest player model and is hands down the best sub-race. So much so that I may faction change to Horde if anything happens to my guild.

The Alliance got Dark Iron Dwarfs and Light-forged Dreanei, which are cool, but not anything dramatically different then what they already had. The Void Elves, fronted by a WoW Lore Hero, adds that extra pop that would otherwise be missing from the Alliance races. This is just my opinion and it doesn't really bother me either way as I will create a toon on either faction.

Deleted
    I love your tears, almost makes me care about Void Elves being Alliance

As an alliance player, the void elves are the only allied race I will even make use of.
    That being said, I'd trade them in a hot second for the highmountain tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmophile View Post
    I won't even waste your time:

I'm big mad. At the very least, I'm sour. The Alliance get both races which can transform (Worgen & Void Elves)? This could have been a great opportunity to give the Horde some awesome transition action, but instead I get to pretend I'm happy with my option of Dave-Chapelle-From-That-One-Skit Night Elves, Zandala--okay those are cool, and Highmountain Taur--alright, yeah, those are pretty neat too.

Still! Let's not get distracted by upright Trolls, Orcs, and fancy Tauren; as great as they may be, they don't transform, dammit. Is this something small to be upset about? Absolutely. But after playing for over a decade and having a fairly low Bitching Average™ regarding expansion announcements, I'm cashing in.

Seriously though, what do you guys think about this? Share your thoughts below and in the poll!
    I hear where you're coming from. I respect your truth.

However, Horde has had the best looking race since BC. This imbalance needed to be corrected, so Justice HAS been served by sending VE to Alliance.

Now, in order for the formswitching imbalance to be corrected, you'll have to wait the number of factions between BC and BfA except using Cata as the start point, which is when Worgen were introduced.

/plottwist

Didn't people want sub races? They are announced and immediately this comes on the forums. I remember someone's quote (from Bioware I believe?) - "You can give the players a magical hat that will offer them the gaming experience they have ever wanted, but they'll still complain about its colour" or something like that. Eh.
    I want you to find me the post where people actually asked for void elves. I doubt it will date anywhere near as far back as the big push for sub races.... Assuming anyone ever did ask for them.

Getting Blood Elves again when VE don't offer any classes that BE already don't wouldn't give the Horde anything besides the transformation, so instead you should be asking two of the races the Horde are getting to have combat transformations. (Or one, and VE losing theirs.) Besides, the Horde is kind of against having more elves as it is, and the Alliance would be losing their 'high elf'. You really want to invite that ruckus?

Every time someone makes a clearly biased garbage poll, they should get a year's worth of banning.

Also void elves are rubbish, I'm truly sad for the alliance that they get them instead of just normal high elves that the people wanted. I wouldn't have wanted them either on horde side. I hope they have at least some decent skin tones that won't make them look like fucking emos.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I want you to find me the post where people actually asked for void elves. I doubt it will date anywhere near as far back as the big push for sub races.... Assuming anyone ever did ask for them.
    Тhat doesn't exist, you're right about that. But it seems like they're one of the few "current" / "random" things they can pull out which can "fit" whatever they're trying to do... But hey, at least it won't be just them and they might add some others which are a bit more... unique / interesting? Right? Right?

Couldn't Nightborne get a transformation where they light up with glowing tattoos like the Suramar guards?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to transform into something just play a Druid.

Тhat doesn't exist, you're right about that. But it seems like they're one of the few "current" / "random" things they can pull out which can "fit" whatever they're trying to do... But hey, at least it won't be just them and they might add some others which are a bit more... unique / interesting? Right? Right?
    People don't want unique or interesting. They want what fits in the lore and has been in the game for a long time. The various differing tribes of orcs, dwarves, tauren and trolls, broken draenei, high elves, half-elves, elven Forsaken, etc.

I mean, hell. Most of the people I know weren't even aware the lightforged draenei were supposed to be different from regular draenei until the BfA allied race announcement! But they were pleased to see Dark Iron dwarves, which have officially been part of the Alliance since Cataclysm, are finally playable when all they really had to do was add their skin tones to dwarf character creation since there are already Dark Iron dwarves peppered throughout zones that feature a lot of dwarves.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Every time someone makes a clearly biased garbage poll, they should get a year's worth of banning.

Also void elves are rubbish, I'm truly sad for the alliance that they get them instead of just normal high elves that the people wanted. I wouldn't have wanted them either on horde side. I hope they have at least some decent skin tones that won't make them look like fucking emos.
    I feel like it's pretty clear that the language of the poll isn't meant to be taken seriously. Also: something something, sith dealing in absolutes, something something.

I do think it's strange that VE are even an allied race, but I'm not sure High Elves would have worked out, simply because of the likeness to Blood Elves. Then again, Pandaren are literally the same freaking race, and they're on either faction, so perhaps that isn't the best argument agains High Elves.

Void Elves shouldn't be a thing, Void should have been saved for a class. It literally makes no sense for this to be a race. Hell they could have made Allerya the class trainer, but now she's the... race trainer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Couldn't Nightborne get a transformation where they light up with glowing tattoos like the Suramar guards?
    Pretty pic here
    They have their glowing tattoos, its part of their skin (the glowing, floating things, is part of their armor -its going to be part of the Armor they will give when you lvl up one of those)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Void Elves shouldn't be a thing, Void should have been saved for a class. It literally makes no sense for this to be a race. Hell they could have made Allerya the class trainer, but now she's the... race trainer?
    A full class? naaa (too priesty), but maybe a subclass (for priest -OMG WITH US PRIEST WHO USES BOW ALREADY, LOOK AT TYRANDE!) or Hunters (to go with the Alleria feel of it)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    There is a void class. It's called Shadow Priests.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Fuck void elves, give me wildhammer dwarves. Void elves had to be added because Blizzard knew that the elf fanboys couldn't handle the master race having two allied race variants.

Void elves add pretty much nothing to the game.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Do we actually know for sure that Void Elves transform? Everyone cites a panel from Blizzcon where a response was worded very vaguely. Unless there's been something else since, I'm not counting on it.

That said, I do think the Horde should have had the Void Elf model. It's a combination of Belf DK features with a Sylvanas-like skin that would have been fantastic for Forsaken Elves (and with Sylvanas coming to the forefront, is there a better time?). It's far too close to Blood Elves for my taste to be on Alliance (unlike Nightborne, which have a unique silhouette and animations).

I think it should have been okay to reserve four Horde Allied Races with the promise that we'd see two more Alliance races down the line. And truly, if the Alliance needed to get another elf race, it really should have been High Elves, with a take off of either the Nozdormu or Silvermoon Guard model (instead of Belfs). They're plastered all over Alliance storylines, at this point it makes less sense not to add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    void elves can go to hell

they can take the higmountain the nightborn and the lightforged as well

the only worth sub/allied races are zandalari and Darkiron, and thanks the horde don't need a race who can transform, unless is for something crazy like turn into natherzin or a saberon
    MY MAN!
    Zandalari and Dark Iron all the way!