Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    errmm looked cool but I have a few questions that might have been answered in the raid.

Where did that big cloud come from over Azeroth?

What was Sargaras doing hiding in it? Or has been inside Azeroth too?

Why did Illidan need to stay? Looked like the Pantheon had it covered.

Why didn't the Pantheon just defeat him that easily in the first place, rather than all get killed? Seemed to take zero effort on their part.
    I am kinda confused about that too. The Pantheon even told us all to get back. I think it's Blizzard's way of saying Illidan has no purpose in the story outside of burning legion stuff.

Deleted
    Happy they kept Sargeras red and not also re-made him into a fel green like KJ.

Not one horde hero even glimpsed.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Shouldnt him tossing his sword into azeroth have atleast created another cataclysm? I mean hye is 100 times the size of ol deathwing that created a cataclysm
    Pretty much this.

I guess it would be rather easy to calculate the cinetic energy the sword should have set free from the impact alone but since the sword penetrates the surface it should also cause major earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.

Basically this event would be much more likely to trigger a catalysm than deathwings event.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talime View Post
    Basically this event would be much more likely to trigger a catalysm than deathwings event.
    Neh. Deathwing was literally at the core of the world and shattered it by breaking out of Deepholm.

Internal damage exceeds the external.

The planet he cleaved in the past was probably a lot smaller than Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Neh. Deathwing was literally at the core of the world and shattered it by breaking out of Deepholm.

It was a one-two punch. Him shattering out of the Core caused a ton of damage, which was then exacerbated by Deathwing using his Earth Warder powers to amplify the damage and effects.
    Last edited by serra2; 2017-11-28 at 06:25 PM. Reason: misspelling

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    So does the sword show on the world map similar to how we see the Maelstrom? It would be cool if there is a giant sword.

Also, Anyone else think we'll get a new raid or two there? I get for lore reasons it's cool to have but now we just have a mostly empty zone. Maybe we get a raid inside of the wound OR AQ gets an update similar to the Naxx update in Wrath. It is strange that AQ would be the only place not impacted by this in Silithus.

Oh, and RIP Commander Mar'alith and everyone else in Silithus.

that was exactly what i was hoping for. wonderful. just wish i could have seen whatever illidan was going to do once sarg is trapped.

also, what the fuck is that bone from inside of the sword? some kind of space whale?

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh my God. That was amazing. As a huge fan of the Warcraft lore I feel the tears pressing on as Illidan finally faces fallen titan himself.
    I think everybody's nuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post

Deepholme isn't the core of Azeroth, it's an different elemental plane. Yes, that's a wrong piece of lore that keeps reappearing even after Chronicles.

Deleted
    Might be out of the loop, but how is the Pantheon still standing? Didn't Sargeras kill them all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romeolo View Post
    Might be out of the loop, but how is the Pantheon still standing? Didn't Sargeras kill them all?
    He took their soul/essence to turn them into Dark Titans. You free them in Antorus.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    That was a damn fine cinematic. Illidan doesn't stay to "fight" Sargeras. He stays there to watch and mock him, sort of looking at his grand prize. "The hunter is nothing without the hunt" he remarks that he has no place on Azeroth since he has no other purpose now.

Deleted
    Kinda meh feelings about the cinematics. If someone should have sacrificed himself it would have made more sense for Velen to go and if a sacrifice must have happened at least show Illidan doing something. Were they banking on nostalgia or what to care about this big twist? Illidan was thought to be dead before this expansion, they brought him back for 3 tiers and put him away again. To me this retcon just feels really really cheap. On top of this we didn't really do that much with Illidan in this expansion. Cutscenes where he was were cool i guess.

Maybe it's explained in the raid or i missed them on the quest, but i didn't get the feel that we went to Antorus to free the titans to shoot a moonbeam to a Sargeras hiding in a cloud. Wasn't this about stopping them from recycling demons that die or something? I feel like the ending just relies on too much moon logic.

Welp, nice seeing you Illidan.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. I expected something bigger. I expected a twist. Only real twist was that Sargeras was humping Azeroth inside the cloud, which honestly a lot of people predicted would happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

at last, illidan is happy

Deleted
    I bet Sargeras sitting in that chair sighing and Illidan there showing off his demon form. Then eventually he looks around and Azeroth isn't there anymore and he's goes "fuck".