Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Lol, this guy

Suddenly everyone in the thread is out to get him and hes the victim here.
    "Gaslighting is a form of manipulation that seeks to sow seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or in members of a targeted group, hoping to make them question their own memory, perception, and sanity. Using persistent denial, misdirection, contradiction, and lying, it attempts to destabilize the target and delegitimize the target's belief."

This is what he is trying to do here.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    It helps you none. You have provided 0 reasons for a child to require privacy in a public environment. You have no viable argument, and no standing in the conversation.
    The environment is not public for other adults to record in. How hard is that for you to understand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Lol, this guy

Suddenly everyone in the thread is out to get him and hes the victim here.
    Good argument. Way to challenge any of my points. I feel very sorry for your children, to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    This type of irrational thinking only means one of two things... both bad.
    Alright let's hear your reasoning on why it should be fine for random adults to secretly record your kids in class.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    The environment is not public for other adults to record in. How hard is that for you to understand?
    If you want to be exact, no adult was recording the students. The student was, as we agreed upon before that,
    It is abundantly clear that the child knew about it.
    The recording device was not transmitting the information directly to the adult. It was in the control of the student.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is some clean and cut bullshit. Poor Woman..

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If you want to be exact, no adult was recording the students. The student was, as we agreed upon before that,
    We agreed that the child knew about it. She was put up to it by her mom, who is an adult. Her mom made her do it. Nice try, but you fail again.

I don't agree with fellony charges.
    Maybe it was not the best way to deal with bullying issue, but this is over-reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Maybe it was not the best way to deal with bullying issue, but this is over-reaction.
    She should be let off the hook, but the message should be made clear that her actions were stupid as hell and no other parent should try to do this unless they're actually full blow retarded and want to go to jail.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tico View Post
    Like expelling a kid for biting a poptart to look like a gun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Facing up to 5 years trying to protect your child, how crazy this world we live in were real criminals go free on a daily bases.
    What she did was wrong. That said, I don't think she'll get 5 years for it at all.

Sounds stupid to be considered a criminal because you record what bullies says.

I hope the fbi starts doing some recording of their own of some of the people in this thread. I'm legitimately worried after reading some of these opinions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Sounds stupid to be considered a criminal because you record what bullies says.
    Very stupid. This is one of those cases where a school is being 100% dumb.

Charges should be dismissed with prejudice, what a load of fuckery.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope the fbi starts doing some recording of their own of some of the people in this thread. I'm legitimately worried after reading some of these opinions.
    Nothing to hide. Growing up in a household that kept an active tab on my activities made me bluntly honest.

Again, teens and children don't have a right to privacy. That is how you end up with kids knocking people up, smoking weed, and getting into trouble because they hid crap from their parents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Nothing to hide. Growing up in a household that kept an active tab on my activities made me bluntly honest.

Again, teens and children don't have a right to privacy. That is how you end up with kids knocking people up, smoking weed, and getting into trouble because they hid crap from their parents.
    All too true.

I really hope you can maintain that lifestyle.

Also, that story had nothing to do with this situation. The spy mom would've needed the parents of the chilren's permission to be in the legal right. Not the children's permission. Your story involves child permission.

Deleted
    Why was it dumb? It was a way for a parent to see what king of bullying the child dealt with.
    Commiting a felony seems pretty dumb to me.

7+ Year Old Account
    I really hope you can maintain that lifestyle.

Also, that story had nothing to do with this situation. The spy mom would've needed the parents of the chilren's permission to be in the legal right. Not the children's permission. Your story involves child permission.
    How would the children's parent know? After all, normal children hide stuff from their parents. Right to privacy and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Commiting a felony seems pretty dumb to me.
    Protecting bullies by acting like they are full grown adults is pretty dumb.

How would the children's parent know? After all, normal children hide stuff from their parents. Right to privacy and all that.
    Sad diversion. Even though you think it's right to spy on other people's kids, please don't do it. That's all I want to come from this thread is to stop someone like you from spying on other people's kids just because you think they have no right to privacy.

They may not have right to privacy from their own parents, but they certainly have a right to privacy from random other adults.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    As the article stated, Virginia's a one-party-consent state, which means as long as her daughter consented to the recording device, any conversation with her daughter that the device recorded is perfectly legally recorded.

It's only the possibility that it recorded other conversations her daughter was not party to that could have broken the law.
    Which is why the line of the article "She sent her daughter to school with a digital audio recorder in her backpack, hoping to capture audio from the classroom. School officials found out and confiscated the device, which had been in her daughter's desk recording the school day." is going to make or break the case.

If the daughter left a recording device in her desk and she wasn't present, the charges likely will stick. Going to lunch, the restroom or even being too far away could give the prosecutor enough grounds to win.

Important lesson here - keep your recording device on your person at all times.