Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Will they ever explain why they continually disappoint when it comes to writing literally anything? Seriously, between female characters and actual villains, I'm pretty sure the only thing Blizzard can write are orc and human males with the occasional 'wise' elf.
    I thought the Suramar characters were actually ok, but I agree with this generally.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Did they ever explain why the demons couldn't just use the keystone to rip open a portal for the big bad like Illidan did?
    Blizzard most likely pulled this out of their asses a week before the patch aired, so demons couldn't get notified in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    I don't want to be an armchair writer....but in this case even I could do better. Who's that guy who does expansion concepts? does blizzard have his CV?
    I've met amateur writers that could do better than the last four expansions in terms of overall character development, plot development, setting and theme.

Blizzard really only has their art and their gameplay going for them these days. All the story driven players left when the continuity got fucked to shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    I thought the Suramar characters were actually ok, but I agree with this generally.
    Suramar was, to me, a completely accidental fuck up they will never be able to replicate. They didn't do it with 7.2 or 7.3 and I just don't see them making Kul'tiras/Zandalar anywhere near as amazing going in the future.

I could be wrong, but I'm not holding out for the stars to literally align themselves for Blizzard like they did with the Nightborne.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Best not to think about it too much. The Legion's lore is filled with plotholes and confusion, especially since the devs decided to tweet lore instead of explain it in game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    Is it known yet why Sargeras can travel through space as a dust cloud and appear right on top of Azeroth when in the past he's had to be summoned?
    Now that we've finally seen the "End" of this expansion, bar any sort of "Timewalking" or minor content that is going to be Insignificant In the long run (No a quest or two added within the upcoming 9-12 content draught doesn't do It).

It's done. Legion sucks, It's worse than WoD, can we agree now? Thank you.

Story telling Is awfull, Broken Shore Is basically Wrathgate 2.0 for me, where one side Is like "YOU DID IT" and It's the Alliance again, not even bothering to... you know, ask questions, or send an ambassador. Not to mention the 4th war was started with Varian declaring War on the Horde after LIch King died thinking the Horde had to do with the accident at the Wrathgate.

Same thing plotwise Is happening here, Jaina, Genn, even Anduin is being convinced "Horde abandoned us, those bastards" I mean If they didn't there would BE no Horde, no leaders left alive, nothing. Horde would scatter and be destroyed and you'd be all alone defending Azeroth. And again, not even bothering to send Ambassadors, and I get how Sylvannas did bugger all during Legion other than leave us for dead In Helheim as the Horde Player, to then appear minutes later to us like nothing happened "Oh hey Champion, help me with someone" Inbefore that cinematic where Genn owns her ass.

But comeone, someone from the Horde could've sent an ambassador, or even Anduin since he was so peace loving, he knows surely Genn Is a warmongerer In a sense, he shouldn't listen to him In terms of politics or diplomacy, Velen is there for that.

The entire story makes no sense and there's holes everywhere, retcons from the Chronocles that's supposed to be unchanged lore that is set In stone.

I could spend hours writing everything down, and I might do that after I get some time. But sufficed to say, the content of Legion was bollocks as well and I don't care for fanboys arguing "But there was content durr" yes, there was. -was- being the key word, what will you do for the next 9-12 months? 7.1 Is the first patch In WoW history that was revealed and hyped before expansion launch, to me that smelled of desparation and desire to hook people further Into Legion and then releasing 7.1 a month and a half after Launch of Legion.

That already presented itself as a problem, In the sense that patch cycles would be short, yes you'd get content but as we saw It's all of the same bullshit world quests and boring things we've done with with a different coat of paint of theme. The only world quests I liked honestly were the Kirin Tor ones, puzzles are fun. I'd also like world quests that test your knowledge of the game, like that 13th anniversary stuff where they ask you historical and lore questions, but put that In World Quests - which would test how well you remember questlines from the past which would connect very well Into the entire world, since they want to do scaling now all across the world It'd make sense.

So now It's been more than a year, all 3 patches are out, all of Legion Is presented to us for criticism. Nothing In Legion strikes me as redeeming, artifact power Is bad, legendaries are bad, so many class tweeks It's just obsurd - and on that subject class fantasy my ass, vanilla classes had more fantasy and utility abilities than we have now, artifact traits are just a bad version of the old school talent tree but without meaningful choice and you also get to dump an near infinate amount of power Into your last trait, which is bad - there needs to be an end, you know you finished leveling a char's "Power" to max, so you move to an alt, but alts weren't even that encouraged unless you wanted to do the same repetative shiz you've been doing on your main.

But yeah I'd keep writing but time Is money, friend! That's just my two cents on Legion so far.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Deleted
    Sargeras did not know where in the universe Azeroth was.

Because of Illidan opening a gateway between both worlds, it's safe to assume Sargeras used to it, the same way we used it to get to Argus.

I'll give them credit for Suramar and the nightborne, especially Runas. Just seems that they drop the ball a lot when it comes to continuity over a period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Welcome to Blizzard storytelling 101.

That Illidan did with Sargeras' own fucking keystone, after having it for a week.
    The keystone isn't a 2 way gate key.

It allows the user to access any legion dominated world from wherever they are at. Not vice versa. Sargeras and the legion couldn't use it from Argus to open a portal to Azeroth. It always had to be one way.

As for Why Sargeras didn't show his face until the last minute. He was trying to coax Azeroth into willingly joining him. However he attacked her because he'd rather her dead then vulnerable to void lord corruption. If the Void corrupts azeroth the universe will know untold suffering. Apparently worse then extinction.

Before criticising the lore for not making sense, please learn it.
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2017-11-28 at 08:35 PM.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Story telling Is awfull, Broken Shore Is basically Wrathgate 2.0 for me, where one side Is like "YOU DID IT" and It's the Alliance again, not even bothering to... you know, ask questions, or send an ambassador. Not to mention the 4th war was started with Varian declaring War on the Horde after LIch King died thinking the Horde had to do with the accident at the Wrathgate.
    It's amazing you fault the Alliance for not looking into things more but not the Horde for not doing their part to keep things from falling apart. The Horde sounded a horn and all the Alliance could see was their archers calmly walking away (which was bad story telling to cause the misunderstanding). There is zero reason for them to not panic or shout warnings to the Alliance as they retreated. How was the Horde not responsible for what happened at the Westgate? The tires line of "Sylvanus was betrayed" doesn't really work. Best case for her she was a horrible leader and was letting her minions do whatever they wanted and had no idea what was going on in her own kingdom, worst case she was fully aware and had a failed coup organized ahead of time as a scapegoat. Either scenario and anything in between still means she is responsible and as part of the Horde means they were responsible as well.

To be honest this just makes BfA make less sense. We're going to war when there's literally a giant titan sword stuck in Azeroth!?

Also, I don't necessarily want another Sundering/Shattering, but if a really large magma dragon can change the geography of entire continents, wouldn't Sargeras' sword do worse damage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Now that we've finally seen the "End" of this expansion, bar any sort of "Timewalking" or minor content that is going to be Insignificant In the long run (No a quest or two added within the upcoming 9-12 content draught doesn't do It).

It's done. Legion sucks, It's worse than WoD, can we agree now? Thank you.
    Hmm...

Well considering legion is one of my favourite expansions, and WoD is my least favourite... Uh, no.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    Why didn't he do anything when we were fighting on Argus the last few months if he had a physical form?
    Why didn't he do anything when Illidan finally gave him a portal to Azeroth large enough for him to use?

Him suddenly emerging from his hiding cloud is utter nonsense.
    But he didn´t suddenly emerge, from what it looked like he got dragged out by the other Titans.

Probably feeding on Azeroth energy somehow in the mist form and then when other titans shoot that beam at him they forced him to take physical form, and then he stabbed the planet in 1 final act since he knew it was over.
    Last edited by Raven; 2017-11-28 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post

It allows the user to access any legion dominated world from wherever they are at. Not vice versa. Sargeras and the legion couldn't use it from Argus to open a portal to Azeroth. It always had to be one way.
    It's totally not like the Legion ever sent its agents to Azeroth or something

As for Why Sargeras didn't show his face until the last minute. He was trying to coax Azeroth into willingly joining him. However he attacked her because he'd rather her dead then vulnerable to void lord corruption. If the Void corrupts azeroth the universe will know untold suffering. Apparently worse then extinction.
    And he couldn't start doing it the moment the portal opened and we spent weeks running around Argus establishing a foothold, because?

Before criticising the lore for not making sense, please learn it.
    Before rushing to Blizzard's defense only to hurr durr, think things through from more than one direction.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2017-11-28 at 08:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    But he didn´t suddenly emerge, from what it looked like he got dragged out by the other Titans.

Probably feeding on Azeroth energy somehow in the mist form and then when other titans shoot that beam at him they forced him to take physical form, and then he stabbed the planet in 1 final act since he knew it was over.
    He was like
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Blizzard aren't the best at creating a coherent story. Hell, according to their "set in stone" Chronicle vol I the remainder of the Titan spirits were meant to be inside the Watchers on Azeroth...There's a lot that hasn't been explained or poorly handled. Sargeras is one of them. Built up over years only to finally appear in a cut scene for 20s with no dialog. Didn't even see him appear on the Pantheon. I guess they weren't sure how to give him a proper ending and took the easy option.
    U could argue that the souls were in some of the watchers and thats why the legion invaded ulduar in the warrior order hall story

But Illidan did exactly that - opened a portal to Azeroth from Argus with a keystone? Last time I checked, Azeroth isn't a Legion-dominated world, even less so after the portal in the Tomb was cut off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    It's totally not like the Legion ever sent its agents to Azeroth or something

And he couldn't start doing it the moment the portal opened and we spent weeks running around Argus establishing a foothold, because?

Before rushing to Blizzard's defense only to hurr durr, think things through from more than one direction.
    Whoa man, whoa.

I respect your opinion on a WoWs lore, but... You really aren't paying attention.

No, the Legion didn't, can't, and never could just "send its agents to Azeroth". It was even explained in-game for crying out loud.

Gul'dan had to teleport them to Azeroth. Medivh had to prior. Azshara had to prior..

They NEVER knew Azeroth's location inside actual outer space. They can ONLY teleport there via someone ON AZEROTH

what happened to illidan???

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    And where exactly is Sargeras around Argus? Inside of it?

It wasn't obvious to me because I didn't know Sargeras was near Argus, despite it being his HQ. It's not said in-game anywhere.
    Maybe Sargeras is playing a Single-player RPG and has the ability to fast travel to known locations

Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    what happened to illidan???
    He decided to stay and chill with the titans