Page 77 of 78 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Well Nvidia doesnt really have a share in low end laptop GPU space already. No way it's going to change anything for gaming laptops: Nvidia hardware is architecturally better suited for high performance/low power solutions.
    This is fully dependent upon the class of graphics card desired.
    As far as low-end ... they are present and used, just not to the extent Intel is present.
    Mid-range however is where the money is in these matters and it's highly likely and possible that Vega can most deffo compete in this area without much issues.

High-end ... yeah very likely ... but the market on laptops with 1070/1080 class of hardware is tiny in comparison to 1050/1050 Ti/1060 class.
    And if you can get such a capability integrated instead of separate... that's a huge cost saving, design complexity reduction.
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."
    - Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged by Something Witty Entertainment

10+ Year Old Account
    How I see it is really Raven Ridge is going after the CPU + MX150 markwt and this one directly targets the 1050/1060 range.

Little update on my 8700K. I have my OC dialed in, 5Ghz @1.38 Volts with AVX Offset of 1. LLC on Gigabyte boards like I have is not a matter of numbers, they use words like "High" and "Turbo". For mine AC/DC Load Line is at Performance and LLC is on High. If I had to guess, "High" is likely a 3, as Turbo and Extreme both exceed it. I've also "meshified" my H500P, but I made a separate thread for that.
    Cooler Master H500P Mesh | i7 8700K@5GHz | CLC 280 | Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR4@3000MHz | EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 | Samsung EVO 960 500GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | WD Black 3TB | AOC G2460PF 144Hz

Just going to drop this here.

I wouldn't be buying any Intel at the current moment. Like people that buy nvidia Titans, your going to regret it in a few months.

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance."

Quote Originally Posted by loadedaxe View Post
    Just going to drop this here.

I wouldn't be buying any Intel at the current moment. Like people that buy nvidia Titans, your going to regret it in a few months.
    Are you buffy from brothers of usenet ?^^

theres always something better around the corner

a 5.0+ 6c/12t will serve you for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Are you buffy from brothers of usenet ?^^
    I have no idea what this means.

@Life-Binder

I concur. I am waiting for the next shinies to come about. My 6700k is doing marvelous at the moment.

9600k is looking very appealing unless AMD's Pinnacle series is a whole lot cheaper. I think next year is going to be the exciting year for PC enthusiasts.

but even so I want an Intel 8c with:

- 10+ nm or 10++ nm
    - PCI-E 4.0
    - ideally DDR5, but thats too long to wait (2021 or even 2022)

that baby should be very "future-proof" (as much as can be)

Finally upgrading from my old 2500k and already have all the parts for my Coffee Lake build ordered and awaiting delivery but have been waiting to find an 8600k at a non-gouged price. I know there's always bigger and better out there but seeing what's coming up and my frustration w/ this paper launch i'm legit tempted not accept delivery and just wait another year lol.

Was already thinking about waiting after reading

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12077...e-lake-refresh

now just more fuel for the fire.
    Last edited by Michael000; 2017-11-27 at 12:50 PM.

I also received my 8600k and have finally been able to build my rig. Nothing fancy, i'm still using my old coolermaster case with no panels or else, but the strix z370-f leds are nicely visible through the dust filters

Honestly. I don't care much now - i jumped from a 7yo i5-750 to the 8600k. It's awesome. There will be something better tomorrow; but i don't care really much since i'm going to change component again in 7 years
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael000 View Post
    Finally upgrading from my old 2500k and already have all the parts for my Coffee Lake build ordered and awaiting delivery but have been waiting to find an 8600k at a non-gouged price. I know there's always bigger and better out there but seeing what's coming up and my frustration w/ this paper launch i'm legit tempted not accept delivery and just wait another year lol.

Was already thinking about waiting after reading

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12077...e-lake-refresh

now just more fuel for the fire.
    I am right there with you. I put all the coffeelake parts in my cart but never pulled the trigger. Not to mention prices are stupidly high. Even on BF and CM they are still ridiculous.

I am going to have to wait for the refresh and hopefully memory prices drop as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post

that baby should be very "future-proof" (as much as can be)
    I'd say 6c/12t is pretty future proof already, at least when it comes to gaming. Publishers aren't going to let game makers to push games which don't run on 4c/4t, there just are way too many i5's from Sandy-Kaby period out there to ignore them.

On the topic of 9000 series having 8c/16t, I do find it kinda funny that after 6 years of no competition and small incremental upgrades, we are basically doubling mainstream computational power in a year. Now one can only hope RTG gets it right with Navi(MCM) and give Nvidia competition, so we get the same on graphics.

hopefully memory prices drop as well.
    Eh, i'm kinda in your boat. I decided to upgrade just because i found a 16GB 2133 memory kit from a friend who had a defective mobo and used them for like 1 month - basically i managed to get them at 2016 prices. Yes, they're not superduper but they work good and i was able to finally buy the stuff i wanted. I lucked out and managed to find the CPU around the 300 euro mark which is slightly higher than the price i wanted but given the shortage i think it's fine.

I want to replace case and do one of the mid tower fancy lights unicorn vomit builds. If only RAM didn't cost like hell.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    Holly shit. The price here in Denmark for the Maximus X Code is 590EU and there is 3-4 weeks delivery on it. Im still just gonna go with the Giga G7 for 280EU
    Just a little update to you:
    ASUS Maximus X Code

Quite a bit cheaper than in Denmark it seems
    "A quantum supercomputer calculating for a thousand years could not even approach the number of fucks I do not give."

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I'd say 6c/12t is pretty future proof already, at least when it comes to gaming. Publishers aren't going to let game makers to push games which don't run on 4c/4t, there just are way too many i5's from Sandy-Kaby period out there to ignore them.

On the topic of 9000 series having 8c/16t, I do find it kinda funny that after 6 years of no competition and small incremental upgrades, we are basically doubling mainstream computational power in a year. Now one can only hope RTG gets it right with Navi(MCM) and give Nvidia competition, so we get the same on graphics.
    Sadly this is true. Intel played with the 4c/8t game so long that developers are going to take forever to utilize the use of anything over 4 cores. Maybe this 6700k will last another 3 years.

Intel made it so that upgrading for gamers is of no value until games are optimized for it. LOL they kind of shot themselves in the foot.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Just a little update to you:
    ASUS Maximus X Code

Quite a bit cheaper than in Denmark it seems
    The price here in Denmark has gone down, now that they have it in stock. It goes for 395 eu here in Denmark.

The biggest problem here in Denmark are still the i7 8700k. Still only very few that has it in stock and the ones that has it in stock, charge way to much for it. most will get it in stock mid Dec. If the date sticks.

So i used my upgrade money on a brand new audio upgrade in my car. New Spearkers, sub, stereo and receiver, so i think i will upgrade when Canon Lake hit os next year
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The price here in Denmark has gone down, now that they have it in stock. It goes for 395 eu here in Denmark.

The biggest problem here in Denmark are still the i7 8700k. Still only very few that has it in stock and the ones that has it in stock, charge way to much for it. most will get it in stock mid Dec. If the date sticks.

So i used my upgrade money on a brand new audio upgrade in my car. New Spearkers, sub, stereo and receiver, so i think i will upgrade when Canon Lake hit os next year
    Still have mine and still haven't used it... no money and no job = Me is a sad person.

And I refuse to drop on quality, I'd rather go without than ever going back to Cheapsville, Nowhereland.

Well, got my 8700k stable at 4.9ghz with a vcore of 1.28.

Tomorrow I'm going to give 5.0ghz a shot!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly this is true. Intel played with the 4c/8t game so long that developers are going to take forever to utilize the use of anything over 4 cores. Maybe this 6700k will last another 3 years.

Intel made it so that upgrading for gamers is of no value until games are optimized for it. LOL they kind of shot themselves in the foot.
    Too bad gamers are a negligible amount of their market.

You want to know who they really care about?

Enterprise/business systems.

And the everyday Joe who wants a Facebook machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Well, got my 8700k stable at 4.9ghz with a vcore of 1.28.

Tomorrow I'm going to give 5.0ghz a shot!

Do I smell another CPU OC Leaderboard thread post?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Are ram prices going to go back down after the holiday sale? If so ill wait for Intel chips to go back to msrp... I'm seeing 2133 sticking going for 80-90 bucks.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!