Page 1 of 2
LastLast

End of the Crusad - A decade old chapter closes today for fanboys everywhere

But somehow i cant help but feel indifferent about it.
    I have played the game since the close beta and i felt more a sense of closure and rapture at the fall of the Lich King Arthas than now.
    Anyone else not phased

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not over. It's been said at Blizzcon. Sargeras is barely imprisoned, not killed.

The Lich King isn't closed either, by the way. Bolvar isn't an ally.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

yea its probably because the cutscene is a bunch of space gods firing a laser beam at the space devil and sucking him into a ghostbusters trap

Does feel like a end of a era

The whole Fel, Demon, Titan thing is now over and a new chapter is beginning or maybe the whole thing is wrapping up.

I guess I'm impressed that you've already cleared the raid at every level of difficulty you want to try it at. My guild's first session in it isn't until tomorrow. We've got a lot of work ahead of us to get through all the escalating challenges, all the sights to see, and like that.

Before WoD I would have cared. Since WoD I'm sick of the Legion and that stupid one legion across all realities and puke green areas everywhere bullshit. Also cliché demon phrases. I hope we will be spared from this garbage for a while now.

But don't worry, the next world ending threat will be right around the corner, so the battle will go on.

That's perfectly normal since Lich king arc was much more earthly and easier to relate to. I mean we followed Arthas from begining to the end.

Anyway, it still feels like the end of one big Warcraft era to me. I mean this is the guy that directly or indirercly influenced 90% of bad shit that has happened in Warcraft universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombria View Post
    I guess I'm impressed that you've already cleared the raid at every level of difficulty you want to try it at. My guild's first session in it isn't until tomorrow. We've got a lot of work ahead of us to get through all the escalating challenges, all the sights to see, and like that.
    What does raid difficulty have to do with the narrative? He clearly feels indifferent about the narrative of it all, not a damn raid difficulty.

Nothing to do with the raid itself, or the encounters.

As already stated, it's about the narrative, and what was probably the most impactful and 'biggest' storyline in the Warcraft universe, even surpassing Arthas, and it's done, just like that.

I gotta say it was a bit disappointing, but after you build something up in your head for what, 20 years, it probably would never leave you completely satisfied.

I have a feeling they'll keep Sargeras on their back pocket for a future storyline, or even a future game, but it won't ever have the same impact as it had. Rehashed baddies are never really 'threatening' as their previous iteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    That's perfectly normal since Lich king arc was much more earthly and easier to relate to. I mean we followed Arthas from begining to the end.

Anyway, it still feels like the end of one big Warcraft era to me. I mean this is the guy that directly or indirercly influenced 90% of bad shit that has happened in Warcraft universe.
    I guess that is it, arthas was relatable, he fell into temptation doing what he thought was right, in a sense like illidan albeit not nearly as vile
    But this legion narrative...
    I am not sure if iam indifferent due to how long we have been seeing demons on azeroth whilst having the plot barely moving along, or it suffers from the problems animes like dragon ball have, powers become so immense that the whole thing goes bonkers and logic goes out the window...hell even the sword had to be tuned down for tech reasons

The effing mental gymnastics you just had to pull off in order to come to that conclusion based on what the OP said...

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    or it suffers from the problems animes like dragon ball have, powers become so immense that the whole thing goes bonkers and logic goes out the window...
    Yea, Warcraft surely suffers from this. We started as anonymous adventurers battling bandits, wild animals, small armies, minor demons, rogue elementals or dragonkin... and every villain we've been getting is a "world ender", "destroyer of worlds", "complete anihilation", just threats that jeapordize the world itself, or the entirety of existence... it's just out of whack. They're giving us a breather with Battle for Azeroth, but we already know Queen Azshara and the Void are coming next. I dislike the Void concept, they already did it (poorly) on Starcraft 2, and it's just unoriginal as hell.. and probably no way they can top that.

I guess that is it, arthas was relatable, he fell into temptation doing what he thought was right, in a sense like illidan albeit not nearly as vile
    But this legion narrative...
    I am not sure if iam indifferent due to how long we have been seeing demons on azeroth whilst having the plot barely moving along, or it suffers from the problems animes like dragon ball have, powers become so immense that the whole thing goes bonkers and logic goes out the window...hell even the sword had to be tuned down for tech reasons
    I think they did best they could considering we're talking about dealing with Warcraft's equivalent of gods. It would feel silly however you turn it around.

Sword was tuned down for obvious reasons I guess, we still need a world to play in after Legion. :P

What I am glad about is they made it kinda like Phyrric victory. For the first time it feels like villains did something impactful to our world instead of just getting roflstomped by us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    It's not over. It's been said at Blizzcon. Sargeras is barely imprisoned, not killed.

The Lich King isn't closed either, by the way. Bolvar isn't an ally.
    He is to the Ebon Blade, but then again, are we Ebon Knights truly allies to the living?
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, Warcraft surely suffers from this. We started as anonymous adventurers battling bandits, wild animals, small armies, minor demons, rogue elementals or dragonkin... and every villain we've been getting is a "world ender", "destroyer of worlds", "complete anihilation", just threats that jeapordize the world itself, or the entirety of existence... it's just out of whack. They're giving us a breather with Battle for Azeroth, but we already know Queen Azshara and the Void are coming next. I dislike the Void concept, they already did it (poorly) on Starcraft 2, and it's just unoriginal as hell.. and probably no way they can top that.
    So will BFA be a chill expansion then? dare i say a filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post

What I am glad about is they made it kinda like Phyrric victory. For the first time it feels like villains did something impactful to our world instead of just getting roflstomped by us.
    Do you reckon that is just shaky writting or to be able to use years later on an expansion

I always said once i kill Sargeras that i would be done with wow. I pretty much hate everything that they have done with the game outside of raiding, so once we clear heroic Antorus i am unsubbing and waiting for classic servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    What does raid difficulty have to do with the narrative? He clearly feels indifferent about the narrative of it all, not a damn raid difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Nothing to do with the raid itself, or the encounters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    The effing mental gymnastics you just had to pull off in order to come to that conclusion based on what the OP said...
    I was too indirect.

The stuff in cut scenes, cinematics, novels, etc., is just part of the experience. Treating it as its own thing is like driving through a big city only making left turns. You can, eventually, get to see most of the sights that way, but it's not what the city is for. WoW lore-is stuff always feels worse to me when I'm not able to play much or at all at the moment, and always works better for me as part of the whole experience.

I'm not surprised that it seems disappointing when examined on its own, because it's not made to work that way. Lore feeds into the game, not vice versa.

Do you reckon that is just shaky writting or to be able to use years later on an expansion
    Well we know that Silithus is gonna be major point of dispute for both Alliance and Horde so it'll defenitely be major plot point in the future expac.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite understand. It's not done 'just like that'. We had two full expansions regarding the Legion, and several expansions involving titan/fel sub plot.

Every evil we have dealt with is a direct result from either the Burning Crusade or the Old Gods, who the crusade were trying to (in their own evil way) stop.

This tied off, barely, one end of that.

But to say it 'just ended' is supremely ignorant, willful or otherwise.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    The raid is part of the story. It has cutscenes and roleplay events.

There is more dialogue for those with talkative artifact weapons, and more quests when the player has finished raiding.