Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    i mean when they suck sargeras up with the laser beam and he goes into his space chair hes only as big as the other titans. we could have had a sargeras fight there. instead its like we all go home while illidan solos the last boss of the raid that no one else gets to see.
    You're presuming Illidan survives if he does attack Sargeras, which is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    You're presuming Illidan survives if he does attack Sargeras, which is nonsense.
    of course illidan survives he's one of their most marketable characters. hes gonna come back in 4 expansions time.

what you may not have realized about wow is the lore is meaningless. if the titans are gonna imprison sargeras in his chair they could also just power us up to have a fight with him. its not like you have to work hard to justify a boss fight in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    you realise he was as big or bigger than azeroth? so you want to climb up a planet? i dunno 20 minute raid encounters feel stupid, but 5 day raid encounters while you climb up sargeras? feelsstupidman.
    Nah. Just enable flight on Sargeras.

you realise he was as big or bigger than azeroth? so you want to climb up a planet? i dunno 20 minute raid encounters feel stupid, but 5 day raid encounters while you climb up sargeras? feelsstupidman.
    We already get zones for raids. Each limb/area would be a boss fight. Just mount up to go to next boss as you would any other, only the perspective is wonky cuz you're climbing up a giant. (You could have cool mountain-climbing portions where you use grapple hooks... like, c'mon, imagination my dude. Embrace the awesome that would be scaling a planet-sized behemoth as a raid zone and boss.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    of course illidan survives he's one of their most marketable characters. hes gonna come back in 4 expansions time.

what you may not have realized about wow is the lore is meaningless. if the titans are gonna imprison sargeras in his chair they could also just power us up to have a fight with him. its not like you have to work hard to justify a boss fight in wow.
    Lore isn't meaningless, the Titans are just merely holding him in stasis along with Illidan helping them.

We already get zones for raids. Each limb/area would be a boss fight. Just mount up to go to next boss as you would any other, only the perspective is wonky cuz you're climbing up a giant.
    Which would be a lot for a Sargeras fight who could just instantly end us. But you can continue in our faux outrage.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    He's "imprisoned", not "dead". And by one elf at that -- and as if that'll hold, because elves are so reliable with world-scale magic.

Fighting his toenails Shadow of Colossus style would be cooler. I want to scale his legs, scramble up his back, and stab this guy in the eyeballs and watch his huge, planet-sized body fall over on Azeroth because THAT would have been epic. This isn't. This is fighting Argus, someone we care NOTHING about, and oh, Sargeras is gone, magic beam, trapped, not even dead or vaporized. There's nothing to be excited about. Heck, we don't even get to see a cool concept of a prison. The only confirmation we have that Illidan succeeded even is that Blues said so.
    Sargeras is defeated. Just because he isn't dead, that doesn't mean he's not defeated. Hell, he lost his Blade, he is chained by the Titans, and he's basically restrained, meaning he can't do shit while Illidan goes apeshit on his Dark Titan ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras is restrained, he lost his blade, and he's likely in chains. He likely can't even fucking move right now. Either way though, I don't wanna fight him. I'd rather that be Illidan's job. He's more worthy of it than me. D:

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Sargeras is defeated. Just because he isn't dead, that doesn't mean he's not defeated. Hell, he lost his Blade, he is chained by the Titans, and he's basically restrained, meaning he can't do shit while Illidan goes apeshit on his Dark Titan ass.

Sargeras is restrained, he lost his blade, and he's likely in chains. He likely can't even fucking move right now. Either way though, I don't wanna fight him. I'd rather that be Illidan's job. He's more worthy of it than me. D:
    Illidan lost his eyes to Sargeras. Currently it's all Illidan can do to keep him chained. Illidan doesn't kill Sargeras not because he doesn't want to, but because he can't. Plus, lost his weapon so what, he can conjure fire swords out of thin air.

"Defeat" isn't as satisfying as "kill". And "kill" isn't as sure as "vaporize". And "vaporize" isn't as sure as "destroyed their soul".

Wouldn't be surprised if we're gonna have to "defeat" the guy five times before he's finally gone for good at the rate we're going.

Head canon, all we know is he's forced and sealed into the area of the Seat of the Pantheon.

Most likely thing to actually happen is Sargeras is convinced by Illidan and his brothers to stop killing everything in sight and actually do something useful when he and Illidan finally come back.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-11-29 at 02:35 AM.

Head canon, all we know is he's forced and sealed into the area of the Seat of the Pantheon.

Most likely thing to actually happen is Sargeras is convinced by Illidan and his brothers to stop killing everything in sight and actually do something useful when he and Illidan finally come back.
    Or...they can be like the Lich king 2.0.

AKA, not doing shit, and being forgotten to Time.

Or...they can be like the Lich king 2.0.

AKA, not doing shit, and being forgotten to Time.
    Except the Lich King did quite a lot in Legion.

Wish he had interaction with KJ this expansion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    He's only a villain behind the curtain where we never get to fight him at his full power (which wouldn't make sense considering how powerful he is). He missed the mark of being as big of a villain like Arthas or Deathwing (the former ending up being a dissapointing fight). We haven't even seen Sargeras doing anything other then talking in cutscenes for a few sentences, everything the Legion has done is by his minions.
    He stabs a hole in Azeroth...bout all he does >.>

Except the Lich King did quite a lot in Legion.

Wish he had interaction with KJ this expansion though.
    Imagine if he did though. That'd be both akward, and funny asf.

Also, I just realized. Idc if Sargeras is only Jailed, he still got dealt with this Expac. Ya know, something people thought would never happen before 7.3? D:

- - - Updated - - -

Lich King: Toys with us, but we know his Full Power.

Deathwing: Goes Full Power.

Garrosh: Goes Full Power.

Archimonde: Goes Full Power.

Argus the Unmaker: Goes Full Power.

Sargeras: Uses .1% of his Power to Stab Azeroth.

Void Lords: Likely to go Full Power.

Queen Azshara/N'zoth: Likely to Go Full Power as well. But, no body cares about them, so they don't really matter now, do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    We already get zones for raids. Each limb/area would be a boss fight. Just mount up to go to next boss as you would any other, only the perspective is wonky cuz you're climbing up a giant. (You could have cool mountain-climbing portions where you use grapple hooks... like, c'mon, imagination my dude. Embrace the awesome that would be scaling a planet-sized behemoth as a raid zone and boss.)
    what and we fight and defeat a finger? lol, no that's not awesome at all, had this at deathwing all we got was trashwing, fight a series of increasing difficulty trash packs, sucky fight.

what and we fight and defeat a finger? lol, no that's not awesome at all, had this at deathwing all we got was trashwing, fight a series of increasing difficulty trash packs, sucky fight.
    Eh, maybe you're right, maybe they can't do better than Cataclysm.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras in a smaller form (the size he has when he's jailed in his pantheon seat), Illidan is about as big as his foot. An unarmed Sargeras would still grab him, and tear his limbs off one by one, just like you would with any insect. Not to mention Sargeras' power doesn't really require a weapon, he could just raise the temperature around him by a 100 degrees and Illidan would slowly be cooked. I mean Sargeras sneezing at Illidan, would probably be strong enough to knock Illidan down, permanently.

Illidan is a great character, but with all due respect, he's not a celestial being, he's simply a mortal, and unless he has special magic weapons to use against Sargeras, there's pretty much nothing he can do to even put a scratch on a titan body.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Sargeras in a smaller form (the size he has when he's jailed in his pantheon seat), Illidan is about as big as his foot. An unarmed Sargeras would still grab him, and tear his limbs off one by one, just like you would with any insect. Not to mention Sargeras' power doesn't really require a weapon, he could just raise the temperature around him by a 100 degrees and Illidan would slowly be cooked. I mean Sargeras sneezing at Illidan, would probably be strong enough to knock Illidan down, permanently.

Illidan is a great character, but with all due respect, he's not a celestial being, he's simply a mortal, and unless he has special magic weapons to use against Sargeras, there's pretty much nothing he can do to even put a scratch on a titan body.
    As I have stated above, he's likely chained up, so that he won't do that.

Wait-wait-wait. In the cinematic, when the Titans collect their power, it comes together into the middle in a huge beam. Argus' essence is standing right in the middle there too, at the beginning of the cinematic. Then Sargeras gets pulled down into the middle, where Argus' essence was supposed to be.

I guess this is what leads into the mythic-only phase? Sargeras gets put into Argus and we kill him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    I'd rather Azeroth get nuked and we start again as Adventurers.

The power creep has gone too far.
    I silently hoped that Sargeras arrives on Azeroth, we defeat him but during the fight the planet gets fucked up to the point of civilization crumble and the player characters die. We get reset to level 1 and the next expansion pack focuses on rebuilding the world, doing simple things again. I agree with you that the story has become too much over the top and cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    The Mythic only phase should come BEFORE the cinematic, similar to how it happened in WoD with Archimonde.
    citation needed

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    citation needed
    Has there been a boss fight with a cutscene between phases?

It doesn't seem likely, no.