View Poll Results: Is this really an issue?

Voters
65. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

3 4.62%
  • Not really. More pressing concerns.

11 16.92%
  • Definitely not.

51 78.46%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is troubling indeed. We need more overweight whales in charge.

Deleted
    CEO's are almost always people that work on self development, not self destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    The only study I've seen done for this involved a financial reward test which is just an idiotic concept. It involves asking someone if they could choose between receiving $1000 now or $4000 in ten years, which would they choose? It completely ignores all other relevant factors such as the financial status of the person at the moment.

It was also only done with ~100 people. So, it's a pretty weak sample size.
    so you think stupid people are a beacon of restraint huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    1) Anecdotal evidence isn't valid
    2) A lot of poorer people in the US (where I'm mainly talking about) work multiple part time jobs with odd hours. Leaving only a few hours in between.
    3) Factually False.
    Yeah, fat people are fat because of things outside of their control. Stop making up excuses for them. I'm fit, I don't have a lot of money(Get about 1100$ every month on unemployment benefits and almost half of that goes for rent, usually break just about even every month) and eating healthy isn't expensive.
    Last edited by Player Twelve; 2017-11-28 at 10:01 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Diversity of thought is more important than diversity of shape or color. These people need to get out of their bubbles and go out into the real world.

The information provided in the article can not be used to indicate whether there is or isn't a weight related bias at the C-level of the corporate world. It's a bunch of circumstantial evidence which has been cobbled together to imply evidence of a preconceived appearance based theory when the truth is likely much more complicated. For example, fat people might cost more to provide health insurance too, they might have to take more sick days, they may have lower endurance so they have a harder time working long hours, their careers could be shorter, incidents of depression might be above average for people who are overweight, which means they could spend more time complaining than average which would have a negative effect on their peers, fat people could actually be lazier on average, perhaps they're overweight because they have weaker self-control, or maybe being overweight is often coupled with people who have low IQ's etc. etc. I have no idea whether any of this is true but the point is none of it is addressed in the article.
    Last edited by WinningOne; 2017-11-29 at 03:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Unrelated to CEO jobs, but from my experience in retail, the fat cashiers aren't the lazy ones. The lazy and slow ones are people in their late 40's and then 50's. Those are far slower than people with just one arm (seen that too).

In short, I don't have a problem with fat people, because there are some real lazy asses I need to deal with when shopping.
    There's more to the world than the cashiers at your supermarket. They aren't exactly anywhere close to the CEO position.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    Uhm? No, it's not hard to not overeat. I need like 2100 calories per day with a light activity level just to maintain weight at 180 cm and 70 kg, if I was sedentary I'd need 1800ish. I'm eating like 2500-2700 right now.
    That's pretty heavy. Most guys would struggle to lift up a girl of that weight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m fine with this. I’d much prefer preferences for ugly people though. Unattractive people are discriminated against constantly.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Lmfao. Alright cool.

Maybe there -is- something wrong with being ten pounds of shit stuffed in a 5 pound bag, despite what the feel goodsies tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    There's more to the world than the cashiers at your supermarket. They aren't exactly anywhere close to the CEO position.

- - - Updated - - -

Most 'guys' are weak as hell and need to get fit.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Lmfao. Alright cool.

Maybe there -is- something wrong with being ten pounds of shit stuffed in a 5 pound bag, despite what the feel goodsies tell you.

- - - Updated - - -

Most 'guys' are weak as hell and need to get fit.
    A lot of fit runner types are slim. Nothing wrong with that.

A lot of fit runner types are slim. Nothing wrong with that.
    Oh sure, and there is need for runner types. I am definitely not saying its a useless physique.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    That's still (lower) normal weight.

I have personally worked with quite a few Executive Vice Presidents, both female and male. Of the the ones that were my colleagues none were what I would call obese. I have worked my fair shair of COOs/CFOs as well. They were not “obese”. I don’t ever recall any of the women in upper tiered management even being close to obese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    For CEO's no, in general hiring practices it is. Lot's of people automatically assume fat people are lazy.
    It's that or they have impulse control issues, the chances of an overweight person being that was because of a medical issue is absurdly low, next to none, despite how often people claim it is responsible.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

No, it's not heavy. So what if they would struggle?

western people see fat people as a race.
    I know there is body types and some have harder time to get fit, but normalize fat people is not the choice.
    No wonder why the people of your culture are fatter than ever.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-29 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Farrarie View Post
    western people see fat people as a race.
    I know there is body types and some have harder time to get fit, but normalize fat people is not the choice.
    No wonder why the people of your culture are fatter than ever.
    What a bizarre opinion. I don't think I've ever consider a obese person of a different "race". Disgusting to look at, not a different type of person.

Good. As others have said, fatties lack self control good decision-making skills. No fatties in positions of power.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    What a bizarre opinion. I don't think I've ever consider a obese person of a different "race". Disgusting to look at, not a different type of person.
    sadly, people like you are few.
    you will not know how accepted liberalism in the globe will be, if they stopped attacking religions and normalize and spreading fatness.
    Last edited by Farrarie; 2017-11-29 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Is it that people are discriminated against because they are fat, or is it they are fat because they have low IQ and are not qualified for the job? Where is the data on that?
    Doesn't matter either way. Fat isn't a protected status (race, gender, religion, etc.) and neither is ugly.

Its perfectly legal to discriminate against someone who's fat, sure it might hurt a company's image on social media, but its not like they can be sued for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.