Thread: Reforging

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reforging

Anybody else miss reforging? I would love to see this make a return in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost10491 View Post
    No.

Unless you were a math wizard you went to an outside side, put in the numbers and then reforged all your gear to what the site said. It added no game play, and only prevented you being able to utilize gear.

Yes, because it ment I could makle shit gear less shit.
    That some people used it to fine tune 0.01% of their dps and then cried to blizzard how bad it was is still baffling to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't miss it, no.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Id rather see sockets in every piece of gear like in Wrath/BC/Cata.

Reforging worked, but it wasnt very interesting. It shared the same role as Gems do except Gems allow you to socket more of the stat you want the most.

Also when reforging was in the game secondaries were split evenly on gear. Now youd get odd ball pieces that dont make much sense to out on.

For example if i want mastery and have a haste mastery piece split 70/30 respectively, its totally possible that some crit/haste split 70/30 might be better after re- forging. Which is counter-intuitive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss it, and want it back..

Itemization sucks monkey balls, and it would,be nice to have that versatility go to Hell.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    No.

Unless you were a math wizard you went to an outside side, put in the numbers and then reforged all your gear to what the site said. It added no game play, and only prevented you being able to utilize gear.
    This hasn't changed at all. You still need out of game references for most things. Most people go to external resources for simple things like their rotation. Most people need to watch Fatboss guide before raids etc etc

Having said that, I don't miss the system - but I would have liked to have limited reforging/stat shift for tier items. But now that Blizzard is removing tier it doesn't matter at all - none of the stats matter, it's just a huge RNG pool of numbers that you don't have to pay any attention to.

It kinda sucks but there we go - people who blame "math wizards" (c'mon now..) have pushed the game to it's current bland, uninteresting state where no drop really matters, there are no stats you should aim for, no BIS-lists to look forward to - just keep rinse and repeating until RNG procs you a magical titanforged piece.

It's a shit game you guys made.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I miss it, and want it back..

Itemization sucks monkey balls, and it would,be nice to have that versatility go to Hell.
    This.

I'd rather have Spirit, Hit, Armor pen, Parry... all of that back. Get rid of this Titanforged bullshit and god awful vers. "oh yay, after running the same shit for a "Titanforged proc" it gave me F'ing vers...

I'd take reforging if only to get rid of the bullshit.

edit to add. I'm almost a decade retired from "hardcore" raiding. but it's like a kick in the balls every time I deal with titanforged, and worst of all vers on every damn piece this new teir.

If I still really min. maxed, saved DKP ect, I'd be irate and stop the hardcore game all together. thankfully I'm "casual" and try to blow it off but it still pisses me off to no end.

How the heck to work twards a BIS list is beyond me.

reforging was fun when stat levels like hit were in game and mattered. I guess it was "too complicated" for the math wizzes at blizz to keep up with. lazy fucks.
    Last edited by Dsc; 2017-11-29 at 06:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it could make your worse item into a decent one until you got your bis one.

Now with have a new system that its like reforging but going really really wrong, netherlight crucible, now you cant know if that relic is bis because of that and you must go out to upgrade it or it will be a downgrade until you put points on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    No.

If you're too stupid to understand what your best and worst stats are when there's only four left in the game you probably don't need to worry about reforging.

I don't miss it, it's part of the game to get certain items from specific sources imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortus View Post
    If you're too stupid to understand what your best and worst stats are when there's only four left in the game you probably don't need to worry about reforging.
    I do understand what my best and worst stats are.

But it wasnt just 4 stats back when reforging existed. Getting a new piece meant recalculating your entire reforging strategy to meet hit/exp and adjust for diminishing returns on the rest of your stats. It was far from "push all unwanted stat into wanted stat".

If reforging was brought back now, yes, it would likely be just shoving everything into best stat. That does not make it an interesting mechanic. I would prefer a better itemization (and fuck off with vers), but by the same token, I don't think that everything should just be best stats.

That would help players to negate RNG a bit. So Blizzard won't let it come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do miss it quite so. I miss having to manage my gear.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I do miss it quite so. I miss having to manage my gear.
    With the removal of ledgendaries and teir sets you will have to manage it alot more then right now.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    I do miss it. Was fun to get crazy values of your main stat

Yup, I do miss it. It was a hassle because of hit/expertise, but with that gone I'd like to see it return. Nothing crushes your soul like getting a high ilvl item with worst stats for your spec, and having it simming worse than your current piece 20 ilvls lower.

However I do agree that with set bonuses being gone, we are looking at a pretty decent pool of customization options through both the raids and M+. I WISH they just went away with current WF/TF going all the way to an overall cap (955, 25 ilvl higher than Mythic raid, 20 higher than M+ max reward chest).
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-11-29 at 07:49 AM.

I miss gems and enchants more, but would have no problem with reforging coming back.

yeah i miss it. but blizzard is trying to go dumber and dumber, with not even having sets soon.

along with gem sockets, gem socket bonuses, enchanting, im honestly surprised we still have food and flasks/pots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    yeah i miss it. but blizzard is trying to go dumber and dumber, with not even having sets soon.

along with gem sockets, gem socket bonuses, enchanting, im honestly surprised we still have food and flasks/pots.
    There was nothing smart about it to begin with. Everyone just used an addon or website to decide on reforging. Much like the old talents there was no actual point to it. Because everyone chose the exact same things. You can't dumb down something that was already dumb.
    Aye mate