Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sure I'll get infracted for saying it, but somehow has to tell these idiots real facts instead of the ones spoonfed by Fox.
    You are making two erroneous assumptions in a row.

1. I watch Fox (I dont)

2. I am incapable of making up my own mind, thinking independently, and need to have others tell me what to think. ( LMAO )

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    Oh money is probably not an issue, money is just paper. The resources available (mineral/human/energy) involved in the production of concrete / steel would be limiting factors in our ability to ramp up production as well. And you kind of have a chicken and egg problem with the fact that the production of concrete and steel is one of the biggest industry producers of CO2.

We really are in a bind here.
    Lol, good point. Producing vast quantities of concrete/steel to fight climate change might increase climate change calamities. We'd have to find a way to produce without emitting co2/etc. I'm sure by then we'll have fusion automated factories - so the human factor might not be an issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Water boils does indeed boil at different temperatures my friend. You chose a poor analogy to be nasty with my friend. As you are incorrect in your presumption that water has a sigular boiling temperature. Unless you think all of the Earth is one altitude.
    What's adorable is that you still don't understand the issue. Arguing with me about a very apt analogy, pointing out that I was incorrect, using the very method to do so that has confirmed human caused climate change.

But we already know you're a proven liar . . . so we can't really expect much better from you, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

What's adorable is that you still don't understand the issue. Arguing with me about a very apt analogy, pointing out that I was incorrect, using the very method to do so that has confirmed human caused climate change.

But we already know you're a proven liar . . . so we can't really expect much better from you, can we?
    Glad you find me adorable my friend. Ah, but your analogy was poor(and wrong) as water does indeed boil at different temperatures. That is unless you were just trolling or baiting that person. You wouldn’t be doing that now would you?
    This is the part where you get the last word my friend and you harass me a little bit more over something that happened two weeks ago.

Enjoy your day everyone.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Glad you find me adorable my friend. Ah, but your analogy was poor(and wrong) as water does indeed boil at different temperatures. That is unless you were just trolling or baiting that person. You wouldn’t be doing that now would you?
    This is the part where you get the last word my friend and you harass me a little bit more over something that happened two weeks ago.

Enjoy your day everyone.
    You're the only one keeping this alive, which only adds to your adorableness. I also love that you still don't understand that by telling me that water boils at different temperatures depending on where you are, you prove my point for me. Or are you still confused by the scientific method?

Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years
    Thread title is misleading. Should be:

Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years we think

Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years maybe

Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years possibly

It is likely that Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years butr we dont really know yet

Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years, the world is going to mend we are all doooomed...please ignore the other dud doomsday predictions WE MEAN IT THIS TIME..............

Climate Change Causes Sea Level Rise to Accelerate 50 Percent in Past 20 years, Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...

..is much better
    Last edited by Aehl; 2017-11-28 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    OK so your problem with the Paris treaty is that now the living standard in the US is so high because we reap the benefits from the shitty lives of people in developing nations, and the Paris treaty actually means that you have to take environmental responsibility for your living standard, which you refuse, and wish it to remain a burden of the developing nations.

Well played.
    Glad I could give a fuck less about someone I do not know who lives in a shitty culture, that does shitty things to their people. My tax money goes to those countries already, and we as Americans give Billions of dollars to those developing countries and they still shit all over their own people instead of helping them out.

When they do have a revolution or go against the government they end up being the same as the old dictator if not worse. Just look at Venezuela on that crap. Go be a SJW somewhere else, or spout it to someone who actually gives a flying fuck about your opinion. I like keeping my hard earned money in my own pocket.

I know you feel differently because you don't mind stealing from Peter to pay Paul, and have no problem having government thugs with guns in our face forcing us to do so. If you want to change the system vote.

I should go outside and empty an aerosol can and burn a tire in your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The issue is not the 'resting level' of the sea. The issue is the resulting storm surges.
    That is not true. While Storm Surges will become more severe, we are already seeing significant erosion parts of the Indian ocean and the pacific. Tides will also be affected.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    See this is all because the social construct of climate change is being believed in by more and more people. If we stopped believing in it, none of this would happen.
    You are obsessed with race man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You are obsessed with race man.
    Kind of projecting a bit much dude. I'm more interested in gender (trans issues in particular, I can link you my blog if you like). But go on, tell me what you think about race.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-11-29 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    The point I adressed is that you complained about having to pay for the actions of third world countries when it comes to environmental policies.
    Although that is true to a certain extent, it is also true that the people in those countries are paying your living standard with their hard work and literally can't keep their own money in their own pockets because of unfair conditions in the world market, thanks to neocolonialism.

I'm not a SJW, I am just realistic. The world is not fair, never has been, and luckily so far has been much more kinder to us in the west than it should have ever been. It's only fair that we split the burdens among all the people of the Earth, and not outsource them to our neocolonies again.
    and that should be your choice. Don't make mine for me. When your opinion and beliefs start treading on me then we're going to have a problem. Millions of other people in the civilized world feel this way as well. You want free healthcare? Free school? Give something back then. Join the military. Can't wait till I see your excuse on that though.

Herald of the Titans RaoBurning's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    and that should be your choice. Don't make mine for me. When your opinion and beliefs start treading on me then we're going to have a problem. Millions of other people in the civilized world feel this way as well. You want free healthcare? Free school? Give something back then. Join the military. Can't wait till I see your excuse on that though.
    Like, say, taxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    This is America. We always have warm dead bodies.
    if we had confidence that the President clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said that.

I read somewhere the sea level was actually getting lower.

Wasting your energy my friend. Better bow out gracefully while you can.
    Yeah, because like you, he is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Yeah, you are probably right. No arguing with a closed mind.
    You really shouldn't argue with yourself then. I will believe Endus over you because that is his field of work. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about on ANY subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Yeah, because like you, he is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

You really shouldn't argue with yourself then. I will believe Endus over you because that is his field of work. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about on ANY subject.
    By his own admission Endus doesnt have any qualifications in climate science. What was it he said he did..urban planning?

Yeah, you are probably right. No arguing with a closed mind.
    Quite a few around these parts my friend.

Yes everything is peachy.
    Last edited by Deathcries; 2017-11-29 at 05:58 AM.

Yes everything is peachy.
    i stopped putting any credence into doomsayers a long time ago. If there are issues, IF, that's one thing, if you have to use scare tactics, panic mongering and make an effort to silence those who dare disagree with you....well, draw your own conclusions.

By his own admission Endus doesnt have any qualifications in climate science. What was it he said he did..urban planning?
    Hey, you finally figured out how the reply with quote button works. I guarantee @Endus knows about this because I have had conversations with him in threads and he knows his science and I believe his college education was in this as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite a few around these parts my friend.
    Not really. Usually if you have a lot of people saying you are wrong, like we do all the fucking time to you, then it is probably you that is wrong. It isn't entirely surprising either.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Kind of projecting a bit much dude. I'm more interested in gender (trans issues in particular, I can link you my blog if you like). But go on, tell me what you think about race.
    I am writing this after your deliberate word choice of "social construct", you realize that right? It's not a projection, it's a response.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    I found this interesting, in a hyperbolic sort of way:

http://www.newsweek.com/climate-chan...elerate-629463

So....

1 inch = 25.4 mm
    5 feet = 60 inches = 1524mm

1524mm / 3.3mm = 461.8 years. (or 692 years if it goes back down to 2.2)

In other words, it will take almost a 1/2 century at the current rate for sea levels to even raise 5 feet.

Now, some "scientists" are under the impression that we will see a 6 ft rise by 2100.

So - how is that we go, basically overnight, from an average of 3.3mm per year to 91.4mm per year in just 83 years? Do they expect all glaciers will almost completely melt? Or maybe it will come from the Earth going through it's natural cycles of heating/cooling?

Hmm...
    I mean, your question is answered by your title. If the sea level rise is accelerating, dividing by 3.3mm is wrong, that implies a constant rate. You'd need to calculate the acceleration to find the number you're looking for, but even then that assumes the acceleration of sea level rise is constant, which it probably isn't.
    Especially given a sea level rise means more ice is in contact with water, meaning the ice will melt faster. i.e. sea level rises mean sea levels rise faster, which in turn means sea levels rise even faster.

For those not mathematically inclined, this implies sea levels are rising exponentially. It's kinda cute you refer to scientists using quotation marks, as if they aren't really scientists just because you don't understand science.