Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Hey, you finally figured out how the reply with quote button works. I guarantee @Endus knows about this because I have had conversations with him in threads and he knows his science and I believe his college education was in this as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. Usually if you have a lot of people saying you are wrong, like we do all the fucking time to you, then it is probably you that is wrong. It isn't entirely surprising either.
    It’s called the herd mentality my friend. Quite common amongst internet bullies.

Climategate, using your tax dollars to enrich special interest.

Everyone should read these books:

https://www.amazon.com/Deliberate-Co...JVSHSDF2NPVJGN

Exposes the malicious misuse of climate science as it was distorted by dishonest brokers to advance the political aspirations of the progressive left.
    https://www.amazon.com/Disgrace-Prof...te+change+hoax

The "hockey stick" graph of global temperatures is the single most influential icon in the global-warming debate, promoted by the UN's transnational climate bureaucracy, featured in Al Gore's Oscar-winning movie, used by governments around the world to sell the Kyoto Accord to their citizens, and shown to impressionable schoolchildren from kindergarten to graduation.

And yet what it purports to "prove" is disputed and denied by many of the world's most eminent scientists. In this riveting book, Mark Steyn has compiled the thoughts of the world's scientists, in their own words, on hockey-stick creator Michael E Mann, his stick and their damage to science. From Canada to Finland, Scotland to China, Belgium to New Zealand, from venerable Nobel Laureates to energetic young researchers on all sides of the debate analyze the hockey stock and the wider climate wars it helped launch.
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2017-11-29 at 02:45 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    No, that's the point. It shouldn't be your choice to exploit the developing world. That's exactly why everybody hates the US's decision to fuck the Paris treaty - because really the message you are sending out is "we want to keep the status quo and keep ignoring out responsibilities".

By the way, what the hell does free healthcare and free school have to do with this? You don't have to give that up.
    The Paris treaty, for obvious reasons, wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. Pulling out of it was the best thing to do.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I love when a massive amount of scientists come to a climate conclusion, and random people without any credentials think they've found the flaw in the math and the science. Yeah man, they never thought of any of those things or accounted for them!

Just fucking stop. Climate denial and downplay is an embarrassment to the US, the home of climate denial and downplay. There's no reason for conservative to be synonymous with anti-science, but apparently that's what we've become. There was a time when the American conservative platforms included climate conservation.

Hey, you finally figured out how the reply with quote button works. I guarantee @Endus knows about this because I have had conversations with him in threads and he knows his science and I believe his college education was in this as well.

Not really. Usually if you have a lot of people saying you are wrong, like we do all the fucking time to you, then it is probably you that is wrong. It isn't entirely surprising either.
    "He knows his science" is a far cry from actually having ACTUAL QUALIFICATIONS. By his own admission he does not have a degree in any climate science. What he has are OPINIONS based on"what he reads"..which is not ex cathedra.

If a thousand people say a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing. Repeating BS doesnt make it the truth. As for me being wrong..thats an opinion, not a fact.

Strange as it may seem, i think YOU are wrong. Oh dear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And the main point to be had there is that adaptation is an expensive and long-term project, and needs to be proactive to be effective, not reactive.

You can't wait till the flooding in 2100 to start to do something. You need to make changes now to prevent or mitigate the flooding between now and then, and beyond. And that adaptation process will be ongoing. And expensive. Just significantly less expensive than the damages caused by potential flooding.
    If there is any flooding in 2100 to worry about in the first place. Thats what....82 years from now?

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    It’s called the herd mentality my friend. Quite common amongst internet bullies.
    No, it is called that you are fucking WRONG all the fucking time. We aren't internet bullies, you are just fucking ignorant. Fucking Trump supporter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nycnyc88 View Post
    Climategate, using your tax dollars to enrich special interest.

Everyone should read these books:

https://www.amazon.com/Deliberate-Co...JVSHSDF2NPVJGN

https://www.amazon.com/Disgrace-Prof...te+change+hoax
    So you are using a book from a fucking GEOGRAPHER, which isn't a fucking Climate Science profession, as a source that "Climategate", happened?

Tim Ball is affiliated with:
    Friends of Science (FoS) — Past “Consultant,” member of “Scientific Advisory Board.” [4]
    Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP) — Former Chairman. [3], [44], [45]
    Frontier Center for Public Policy (FCPP) — “Former Senior Fellow,” Past Member, Board of Advisors. [1], [46]
    The Heartland Institute — “Heartland Expert.” [47]
    The International Climate Science Coalition (ICSC) — Member, “Scientific Advisory Board.” [48]
    Tech Central Station (TCS) — Contributor. [49]
    Clexit (Climate Exit) — Member, “Clexit Committee“ [5]
    Galileo Movement — “Independent Adviser.” [55]

You do know ALL of those are affiliated or funded by Coal, Oil, and Gas Companies right? Do you know what we call those? SPECIAL FUCKING INTEREST GROUPS THAT YOU ARE WHINING ABOUT.

Lets look at your 2nd fucking author:

Mark Steyn:
    Let's see, NO COLLEGE EDUCATION TO SPEAK OF, and especially no background in Climate Science.

He is also a "Fox News Expert" on Climate Change, so basically not an expert at all.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-12-01 at 01:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    By his logic if 20 people jump off a bridge and one does not, the 20 are right purely due to numbers.

No, it is called that you are fucking WRONG all the fucking time. We aren't internet bullies, you are just fucking ignorant. Fucking Trump supporter.

- - - Updated - - -

So you are using a book from a fucking GEOGRAPHER, which isn't a fucking Climate Science profession, as a source that "Climategate", happened?
    So instead of arguing about the facts that are being called out you are arguing on his credentials? Never mind that most of the "pro" climate changers are associated with various special interests (ala Solyndra and various govt give outs). If you read the comments on Amazon, the discussion is pretty good about this very subject.

Take a look at the second book that i linked though, that one uses pure quotes from both sides. Quite telling actually
    You can also try "fucking" less in every sentence, on the other hand what else can you expect from progressive left when someone disagrees with their fear mongering and agenda.....
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2017-11-29 at 08:56 PM.

So instead of arguing about the facts that are being called out you are arguing on his credentials? Never mind that most of the "pro" climate changers are associated with various special interests (ala Solyndra and various govt give outs). If you read the comments on Amazon, the discussion is pretty good about this very subject.

Take a look at the second book that i linked though, that one uses pure quotes from both sides. Quite telling actually
    You can also try "fucking" less in every sentence, on the other hand what else can you expect from progressive left when someone disagrees with their fear mongering and agenda.....
    If they don't have the credentials to be in Climate science fields, you can't argue about Climate Science. And if they are bought off by special interests like Tim Ball, besides him not having climate science degree, you can promptly ignore them. The 2nd one, doesn't even have a fucking college degree.

And you do know there are bots that are paid to write good reviews right? Just like Twitter and Facebook bots. Also, more swearing is a sign of intelligence. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

So instead of arguing about the facts that are being called out you are arguing on his credentials?
    rofl So the guy bitching about people getting paid to push an agenda is now bitching that it's been pointed out to him that his "evidence" comes in the form of people who are paid to push an agenda. Classic.

Yes, the fact that these unqualified dipshits are on the payroll of companies with a vested interest in society staying as far away from renewable energy as possible is quite relevant. Especially when they claim (and are believed by the gullible based on) expertise that they don't have. Sorry to break it to you.

If they don't have the credentials to be in Climate science fields, you can't argue about Climate Science. And if they are bought off by special interests like Tim Ball, besides him not having climate science degree, you can promptly ignore them. The 2nd one, doesn't even have a fucking college degree.

And you do know there are bots that are paid to write good reviews right? Just like Twitter and Facebook bots. Also, more swearing is a sign of intelligence. But you wouldn't know anything about that would you?
    And the "scientists" who depend on govt handouts to push their bs agenda (that enrich the govt special interest at taxpayer expense) are more credible right? After all, as typical for progressive left only their version of "science" is ever correct? You progressive left people are something...

And the "scientists" who depend on govt handouts to push their bs agenda (that enrich the govt special interest at taxpayer expense) are more credible right? After all, as typical for progressive left only their version of "science" is ever correct? You progressive left people are something...
    You do know, those government contracts are nothing compared to being bought off by Oil and Gas companies right?

If they don't have the credentials to be in Climate science fields, you can't argue about Climate Science.
    Ahem. Thank you for making my point for me.

- - - Updated - - -

You do know, those government contracts are nothing compared to being bought off by Oil and Gas companies right?
    And of course you can prove they were "bought off"? I see this meme levelled time and again and what I dont see is..proof.

Well, at least oil and gas produce something that is required for society to function. Yes these companies are dirty, yes there is collusion and corruption on all levels, but until we have something feasible to replace oil and gas (no renewable today dont even have a fraction of necessary energy capacity to replace oil and gas - few moments with google is your friend to verify this) its a moot point. Thorium Nuclear has promise, but so far i dont see anyone contributing money to build Thorium Nuclear Power (that would be a great start and investment instead of the bs we have)
    On the other hand the government elites that support the climate alarmism to redistribute taxpayer money to special interest (ala Solyndra and many others). Whats even funnier is that the same people take private jets for their little trips around the world, while telling you to stop farting, greenhouse gas and all).
    The entire climate change debate is hoax to rid people of their money while selling them some pipe dream bs thats not even true, while at the same time they themselves do what they desire to their heart's content.
    Oh and did i forget the entire banking idustry who benefits to the tune of billions trading carbon credits. Only bankers could come up with bullshit like that and bankers, as yuo should know by now really rule this world.
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2017-11-29 at 10:03 PM.

I didn’t call anyone a bully my friend. Calling people names and personal attacks isn’t my style. I leave the name calling to the other people and the ones that like to hate. Only people with a guilty conscience would have thought I was calling them out as a bully. It would be up to the reader’s interpretation if they thought I was writing about them. Someone that is a communist sympathizer perhaps?

Steering back to topic...
    Like Didactic stated in his first post. The real issue in the surge. Even tidal changes could make a significant difference over the long haul.
    ~40% of the world’s population lives along the coastal regions.

I didn’t call anyone a bully my friend. Calling people names and personal attacks isn’t my style. I leave the name calling to the other people and the ones that like to hate. Only people with a guilty conscience would have thought I was calling them out as a bully. It would be up to the reader’s interpretation if they thought I was writing about them. Someone that is a communist sympathizer perhaps?

Steering back to topic...
    Like Didactic stated in his first post. The real issue in the surge. Even tidal changes could make a significant difference over the long haul.
    ~40% of the world’s population lives along the coastal regions.
    With all these claims of tidal changes and floods..I find it amusing that the politicians and panicmongers wait till property values drop..then move in and buy beachfront property.

I mean...if the seas will rise and the beaches will be flooded as they say, their properties will be underwater soon. So why spend millions on these properties.?

Floods, fires, famine, earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes , cyclones..all these things are supposed to increase with "climate change"..so why buy houses directly in the line of advancing sea tides?

..it's almost as if....they dont actually believe what they are spouting. That couldnt be it, do you think?

Surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Ahem. Thank you for making my point for me.

- - - Updated - - -

And of course you can prove they were "bought off"? I see this meme levelled time and again and what I dont see is..proof.
    Yes. When they are shown as a Heartland Institute "Expert", then they were bought off. The Heartland Institute is funded primarily by Exxon-Mobil.

And I didn't prove your point, because Endus actually has schooling in Climate Sciences, something you obviously don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, at least oil and gas produce something that is required for society to function. Yes these companies are dirty, yes there is collusion and corruption on all levels, but until we have something feasible to replace oil and gas (no renewable today dont even have a fraction of necessary energy capacity to replace oil and gas - few moments with google is your friend to verify this) its a moot point. Thorium Nuclear has promise, but so far i dont see anyone contributing money to build Thorium Nuclear Power (that would be a great start and investment instead of the bs we have)
    On the other hand the government elites that support the climate alarmism to redistribute taxpayer money to special interest (ala Solyndra and many others). Whats even funnier is that the same people take private jets for their little trips around the world, while telling you to stop farting, greenhouse gas and all).
    The entire climate change debate is hoax to rid people of their money while selling them some pipe dream bs thats not even true, while at the same time they themselves do what they desire to their heart's content.
    Oh and did i forget the entire banking idustry who benefits to the tune of billions trading carbon credits. Only bankers could come up with bullshit like that and bankers, as yuo should know by now really rule this world.
    Yeah, quit fucking lying.

Yes. When they are shown as a Heartland Institute "Expert", then they were bought off. The Heartland Institute is funded primarily by Exxon-Mobil.

And I didn't prove your point, because Endus actually has schooling in Climate Sciences, something you obviously don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, quit fucking lying.
    Schooling in climate science, that made my day!

BTW ever time you say fuck it just makes you that much more credible, lol

Someone else posted this, but it aligns with my beliefs perfectly -
    The world we seem to live in today is one where hype = reality which this book so eloquently exposes. It is a world where mostly government funded, but also big business supported "scientists" design and tweak models of all colors in order to satisfy a particular government's agenda or a business required outcome. In either case it is a conflict of interest because if the "scientists" do not produce the desired outcome, their funds are cut off. It is a conflict of interest on a much higher moral ground as the public is not getting the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Worse yet, it is amazing in our dumned down country where it is hard to discuss economics when most people cannot even balance their own check book let alone understand the fraud in out government hyped climate change charade that will do little but drain our pocket books before we wake up

Whats worse is that the progressive left automatically scorns anyone who does not agree with their point of view.
    Last edited by nycnyc88; 2017-11-29 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    I agree with you, I was just giving a smart ass answer to that person's question. The Paris Treaty was a shit deal for the US but of course we are still the villain for the "blame America" crowd.
    You do know that the US pollutes about half of what China pollutes so yes China is worse, BUT you also know thee are quite a big difference in population in between China and the US as in several billions difference. So yes per capita the US is the bigger villain by MILES.

Schooling in climate science, that made my day!

BTW ever time you say fuck it just makes you that much more credible, lol
    I am more credible than you, because you used 2 paid off shills as evidence and fucking bought amazon reviews as your evidence, but we already know "Climategate" is bullshit. Again, if you have a problem with swearing, pull your panties out of the twist stuck in your ass and get over it.

Also, I will go with Factcheck.org over you saying that "Climategate" is false because they even used your shitty sources against you.
    http://www.factcheck.org/2009/12/climategate/

So, again, quit fucking lying.