Deleted

Any good ways to fix frost munching?

Munching procs is on of the most boner-killer things for me right now and there is not much we can do at the moment. Shouldn't blizzard have adressed this long time ago? Specifically i'm talking about getting a FoF proc right after you Flurry. It just happens so much and to me it's not just about the dps loss, it just doesn't feel fun wasting procs.

Shoud blizzard fix this and what would you suggest? For example having FoF icelance interact differently with shatter. (refunding the proc is one thought)

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't think of a way of fixing it without adding a timer coded to Brain Freeze that prevents the consumption of Fingers of Frost for 0.25-1 seconds after consuming Brain Freeze. This could complicate things on their end though, so who knows.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    I know, right. It seems strange wasting an extra Ice Lance crit because of it.
    I often wonder if dumping all FoF procs first if a brain freeze procs, then brain freeze, into a regular Ice Lance... But I've read not to do that?

It wouldn't be nearly as annoying, if the brain freeze proc was more reliable. Going 20+ frostbolts without a bf proc and then getting 3 in row with some fof there for good measure is not fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Luke-Hex View Post
    I often wonder if dumping all FoF procs first if a brain freeze procs, then brain freeze, into a regular Ice Lance... But I've read not to do that?
    That doesn't work, because you are supposed to chaincast frostbolt and when you get bf proc you queue flurry up instead so you don't munch possible bf proc (and we all know they like to come in pairs). I've read somewhere, that possibly munching bf proc is dps loss over munching fof.

Edit: remember the flurry also shatters the frostbolt that precedes it. By spending fof first you give that up as well.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2017-11-29 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke-Hex View Post
    You don't do this because if you complete your FB cast without using the flurry, you risk the chance of munching the brain freeze instead, which is a bigger waste than it is to waste FoF.

It's annoying, but I'd rather munch procs than sit there all day chain casting FBs with no procs at all....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerf Irelia View Post
    Munching procs is on of the most boner-killer things for me right now and there is not much we can do at the moment. Shouldn't blizzard have adressed this long time ago? Specifically i'm talking about getting a FoF proc right after you Flurry. It just happens so much and to me it's not just about the dps loss, it just doesn't feel fun wasting procs.

Shoud blizzard fix this and what would you suggest? For example having FoF icelance interact differently with shatter. (refunding the proc is one thought)
    it has a lot of impact on your dps.
    But since you always cast a frostbolt -> flurry -> icelance this is something that happens a lot, especially when you have an active orb out there.
    You can try to dump all FoF procs while frost orb is active to avoid the munching but it is not a big dps gain and it does not prevent 100% of munching anyway.

When orb is on cooldown, I would just care about using FoF procs when at 2 or 3 stacks, depending on the timer left on the bracers buff.
    If you stop casting frostbolt you have a higher chance to loose chain reaction buff, which is really a great damage buff that is worth keeping at 3 stacks before avoiding buffs munching at all costs.

Basically, this means that you have to cast frostbolt most of the time, and dump bf procs anytime when possible. FoF is something you should dump if you have 3 stacks or if you have to move out of something of course.

I guess that could be tuned by Blizzard but this would make the spec too powerfull.