Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This post screams hypocrisy. If retail players are the entitled ones, what does that make you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Ohh this is only gonna make people want to mess this up even more. Blizzard have chosen a bad form of community input and they are gonna suffer for it.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Blizzard has said they want it to be as close to the original as possible. Telling retail players who want QoL changes to fuck off is perfectly fine.
    Hey now. I'm a retail player and I want you vanilla squad to get exactly what you campaigned for. That's Vanilla, that's not QoL. Your QoL whiners are the people who've been crying for Vanilla without any understanding of what that meant. Retail players already have retail.

Quote Originally Posted by hmzlol View Post
    Classic servers are for people who enjoy classic vanilla experience and nothing else. Retail players has nothing to do with current vanilla state of affairs. Entitled retail players you should stop with your irrelevant demands, you add zero value to the conversation.

The moment its release it becomes part of retail.

Neither group- either retail players or private server vanilla diehards are going to get 100% what they want.

There's going to be compromise, and everyone will deal with it, because once Classic launches- there will be no more private servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Hey now. I'm a retail player and I want you vanilla squad to get exactly what you campaigned for. That's Vanilla, that's not QoL. Your QoL whiners are the people who've been crying for Vanilla without any understanding of what that meant. Retail players already have retail.
    I have to agree with this comment. I really enjoy retail, but.. and this may shock some people.. I am also very excited for Classic Servers! I loved Vanilla and I look forward to Blizzard bringing back the original experience the best they can! Warts and all! However, if you look at the comment history from a lot of people asking for QoL changes, they are the same that advocated for Classic Servers in the beginning. So this sentiment is coming from all sorts of people.. because different people want different things..

I say all this to say, don't blame retail players.. because most of us love retail WoW because we love WoW... which all started with Vanilla, and we are excited to jump back in with you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Nothing wrong with a purist.

Vanilla = Vanilla

No changes.
    The moment you don't fire it up on a computer made in the 90s with worse internet....it becomes no longer pure.

Deleted
    Thank you, friend.
    I didn't really intend to have much interaction with classic servers, but the passive-aggressive retardation and asinine tone of your post has changed my mind.
    Jumping on Classic Servers Feedback train straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladar View Post
    Dont know what he means be progression servers if that means at some point they will replace classic with TBC that would be a bad thing since in TBC they started changing the game for the worse.
    I like it when people type "worse" but they mean "best". There was factually not one thing in vanilla that was better than in TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Blizzard has said they want it to be as close to the original as possible. Telling retail players who want QoL changes to fuck off is perfectly fine.
    Telling QoL people that they are probably wasting their time since blizzard has already said they don't want them is okay. That's an argument.
    I think the reason this discussion has been as toxic is that people don't use arguments like that. They tell people that they aren't actual vanilla fans and aren't allowed to have an opinion. Which only makes sense if they believe blizzard might listen to them and they have to prevent the other team from winning.
    That and the nobody likes vanilla we all hate vanilla trolls of course.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    There's going to be compromise, and everyone will deal with it, because once Classic launches- there will be no more private servers.
    One popular one had issued a statement regarding the announcement of Classic WoW that was basically: "Cool. We're not shutting down and will probably have TBC up by the time Classic comes out so don't stop playing here."

So, I doubt it will kill private servers off.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Classic servers are for everyone.
    Wrong. Blizzard is doing this for the millions that quit since Vanilla. It's to bring back old players. The new ones won't like Vanilla anyway ( when you're used to all the QoLs and LFR you're not going to enjoy Vanilla. A few will, but not many )

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Telling QoL people that they are probably wasting their time since blizzard has already said they don't want them is okay. That's an argument.
    I think the reason this discussion has been as toxic is that people don't use arguments like that. They tell people that they aren't actual vanilla fans and aren't allowed to have an opinion. Which only makes sense if they believe blizzard might listen to them and they have to prevent the other team from winning.
    That and the nobody likes vanilla we all hate vanilla trolls of course.
    Exactly. This is no different from saying "what i think is correct. if u disagree with me than you are wrong."

Everyone IS entitled to Vanilla. When they confirm that Classic is tied to the same subscription, that means that as long as I am paying for it, I am entitled for it.

Which means these "vanilla spoilers" are also paying subscribers and they have the same right to demand what they want. Even if what they want is different from other so-called "vanilla purists".

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    One popular one had issued a statement regarding the announcement of Classic WoW that was basically: "Cool. We're not shutting down and will probably have TBC up by the time Classic comes out so don't stop playing here."

So, I doubt it will kill private servers off.
    That's not how copyright law works.

Also- if you think Blizzard won't go to the fullest extent of the law to protect their IP, you're delusional.

Always humorous to see how people view classic WoW in it's "prime". My memories of the game back then aren't quite so simplistic, but I really feel it needs to be said. "It's not practical to believe that /anyone/ who enjoyed anything more than a decade ago remembers it perfectly."
    So let's be honest to ourselves, alright? I'm sure most of you can't even recall what you had for lunch a few weeks ago, let alone have a crystal-clear recollection about a video game it's likely you played as a teenager.
    I'd wager a majority of you will indeed enjoy it for a time....but it's ludicrous to keep saying with a straight face that you're adamant that the game was picture-perfect. Or that what they release in a few years time will somehow bring that magic back like some sort of Christmas miracle.
    CYOA comic updated regularly!
    http://dovashy.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Mercane View Post
    That's not how copyright law works.

Also- if you think Blizzard won't go to the fullest extent of the law to protect their IP, you're delusional.
    They have been. For years. That didn't stop that one server that kickstarted this whole issue from becoming a server any more than Classic will prevent new ones from popping up.
    Last edited by Projectmars; 2017-11-29 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Wrong. Blizzard is doing this for the millions that quit since Vanilla. It's to bring back old players. The new ones won't like Vanilla anyway ( when you're used to all the QoLs and LFR you're not going to enjoy Vanilla. A few will, but not many )
    If vanilla servers arnt for everyone than what are Live servers? Because the same logic applies. Which means that everyone "who vanilla servers are for" have no right to complain about live? Because i still see those people complaining more about live than trying to figure out what they want from "their servers"

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    If vanilla servers arnt for everyone than what are Live servers? Because the same logic applies. Which means that everyone "who vanilla servers are for" have no right to complain about live? Because i still see those people complaining more about live than trying to figure out what they want from "their servers"
    Servers for the newer WoW players that come from a less hardcore, more casual generation of gamers who don't want to grind endlessly like in Vanilla.

The thing that cracks me up are that the private server crowd is acting like retail players are the only ones asking for QoL changes. Not only is it deflectionand false, there are many people who play retail that want it to be as pure as possible.
    Let alone the fact that most private servers are close to vanilla, they aren't vanilla and even have some QoL changes themselves. Anyone who played a private server with these changes and ask them to be like that are even asking for a changed Classic. I never played Nost, but from what a lot have stated, even the biggest attention drawing private server was just a close approximation to vanilla and had changes.
    Maybe stop trying to shift blame onto retail players and try to get together as a whole community for what you want, because even the PS players want change.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Servers for the newer WoW players that come from a less hardcore, more casual generation of gamers who don't want to grind endlessly like in Vanilla.
    Did you ignore the other part of what i said? Because if live is for people who are less hardcore than "the hardcore" have no right to complain about it. And while on the topic of endless grinds Legion introduced a TON of them in forms such as
    titanforge
    legendaries
    AP (which is literally impossible to get the last trait by the end of the expansion unless you do if i remember correctly 1134 mythic + 10 keys a day)