10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I have no idea how you guys have such crappy games. I mean, mine aren't phenomenal by any means but since I don't join team chat I don't see/hear any toxicity. People aren't great, but at least they're trying. Some of you guys probably should take some time off for a bit.
    most effort i notice is when people play support or tank

i play games where i am getting 4-5 eliminations/minute and doing 1500-1700 damage/minute, but everyone else wants to do my job. With stats like that, I'm literally soloing teams. How do you even lose when one guy is soloing the enemy team? Do you just walk off a cliff or into every Junkrat bomb you can see?

when you play a match like that you start to think that if this game places everyone in a match they have a 50% chance to win, i might as well be holding anywhere from 25-40% of my team's winshares. It sounds ridiculous, but how else do you explain that kind of horseshit over 10 games?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    It is the concept of the bad driver. I drive to work an hour every day due to a long commute. I pass hundreds of other drivers every day and for the most part they are all good normal drivers, but then a bad one crosses my path and when I get home or to work the first thing I do is complain about how 'everyone drives crazy, everyone is horrible at driving, you wouldn't believe what happened today!!!". It was one driver out of hundreds, but that is the one driver who sticks in my memory. They cut me off, they wronged me. Are all drivers this bad? In my imagination yes.
    Human brain remembers bad things more easily and more often than the good things.
    It's how it works and it's one of the, major?, parts of why most humans are unrealistic in situation assessment, especially in self-assessment.

Deleted
    Slowing climbing the ladder, highest ive ever been atm so I'm happy.
    Still die too much, especially when the enemy have a good tracer, but Playing Moria helps this. When i can't get her and my team don't help me survive i just die to tracers over and over. Still enjoying my slow climb, the wins and the losses (every so often bad games but that happens)

leaver should be punished way harder like when you leave a competitive game you lose 250 points amd you have to play 15 qp matches before you can play competetive again...
    this is complete bs atm ..

Ive gone back to playing nothing but Mystery Heroes because atleast i can still have fun while bad comps and unfair games are to be expected there.

10+ Year Old Account
    So-so night, gained a bit of SR, actually hit a new season high of 2397 but dropped a bit from there.

Double Barrier Bastion Train, if you're not ready for it is very hard to stop. Faced it a couple of times, tried Sombra but if you can't get near and can't charge ult it's kinda pointless. Third time (round 4 Junkertown) we were ready for it, and was pretty effective but if you miss the moment at the start to disrupt the start up and force some staggering/trickling you're in for a tough round.

Moira is getting me back into the game. I love how she plays. Usually main as Rein/Phara/Sombra, so this is my first time healing, but I'm having a ton of fun (also understanding the healer memes)

Now I just need to find some friends to play with, most of my friends stopped playing >.<
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Actually reported someone for the 1st time over the last 3 seasons. Blatantly threw the game because they got upset we lost 1st round on payload. Picked a tank, ran out of spawn, sat in the same place the whole game. After the enemy finally killed him when we told them what he was doing he sat in spawn and only moved to avoid inactivity. Ah comp, how I've missed you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm starting to get to a point where I don't even like the game anymore. Season 7 Chicken Meta too stronk

Had a XP penalty when I got DCed due to drivers crashing. 7 games of getting 50xp per game sucked

That said, been playing QP only since then, Justin Case, though haven't had any crashes after that.

As for the games....ehh, I should really practice hitscan more. If I can't take Junkrat, Pharah or Genji, I feel underpowered

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Fuck no is this match making "decent." Its easily one of the most incompetent and
    poorly designed MMs I've ever had the misfortune of experiencing.

Been on a losing streak since 2100 and lost *consistently* each game all day. Literally
    drop 1200+ points.

For the second time since I've been playing, I've been knocked down to Silver. Like
    holy fuck, I've said it once and knowing how fucking awful this MM is, I'll probably
    say it again : My bad luck is unparalleled in this game.
    If it happens consistently, it's not luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    If it happens consistently, it's not luck.
    If you saw the people I was paired with, it sure is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    If you saw the people I was paired with, it sure is.
    Nope, if you're better than your average SR, then their team has 6 chances to get bad players. Your team has 5. You should have a 50+% win rate. If that's not the case, you're not better than players of your SR.

Nobody can improve themselves until they grasp that they are not as amazing as they believe themselves to be. I’m not saying the game can’t put you at the wrong rank, my kid without any FPS experience ended up at 2800 because the game placed her badly and she dumped down to 1100 and she spent 9 months practicing and learning to get back to 2800.

If you have been at a rank for a while now then you are that rank. You earned it, it’s yours now. Blaming others for your MUTUAL failure won’t allow you to personally grow and improve.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Nobody can improve themselves until they grasp that they are not as amazing as they believe themselves to be. I’m not saying the game can’t put you at the wrong rank, my kid without any FPS experience ended up at 2800 because the game placed her badly and she dumped down to 1100 and she spent 9 months practicing and learning to get back to 2800.

If you have been at a rank for a while now then you are that rank. You earned it, it’s yours now. Blaming others for your MUTUAL failure won’t allow you to personally grow and improve.
    If the game was measured on personal performance only then yes it would be true. When you lose games and rating because of people trolling then no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    If the game was measured on personal performance only then yes it would be true. When you lose games and rating because of people trolling then no.
    No, since everyone has this same issue with the same probability of occurring, if you play better than your average SR, your team has a higher chance of winning. Your SR will increase overall. If this isn't the case, the problem is you. The only real way to prove this is to play many games (although this generally leads to improvement in itself) the more games you play, the more accurate a representation of your ability your SR becomes.

If you truly believe your belong in a higher SR, just play games 'til you can prove it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xnQqgYM1Yhc

About 4 minutes in, decent explanation of issues with the SR gain/loss. Something so simple as playing Orissa and having a Bastion on his team causing a difference in what he gained per win.
    Obviously, Bastion isn't the limited sole factor, but just think of how that translates to other hero combinations and what affect that has on your personal gains/losses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is based on personal performance.

The problem is somehow simultaneously “my team mates suck, my skill can’t overcome that” and “personal performance is too important, it stops people playing as a team to actually secure wins”. Thats what harms match quality. All this shit about “get good” only accounts for individual skill when group skill is kind of reset every match.

These things hurt match quality and prolong the process. Eventually they even out, everyone suffers the same. You just have to play through it. That benefits Blizz because it’s what keeps you logging in, so don’t expect it to be fixed. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    It is based on personal performance.

The problem is somehow simultaneously “my team mates suck, my skill can’t overcome that” and “personal performance is too important, it stops people playing as a team to actually secure wins”. Thats what harms match quality. All this shit about “get good” only accounts for individual skill when group skill is kind of reset every match.

These things hurt match quality and prolong the process. Eventually they even out, everyone suffers the same. You just have to play through it. That benefits Blizz because it’s what keeps you logging in, so don’t expect it to be fixed. Ever.
    It is not based on personal performance. Other people affect your rating heavily and that's not personal performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharjo View Post
    No, since everyone has this same issue with the same probability of occurring, if you play better than your average SR, your team has a higher chance of winning. Your SR will increase overall. If this isn't the case, the problem is you. The only real way to prove this is to play many games (although this generally leads to improvement in itself) the more games you play, the more accurate a representation of your ability your SR becomes.

If you truly believe your belong in a higher SR, just play games 'til you can prove it.
    If you play over 1000 games maybe. I have 30 games this season so far, I haven't played many games because whenever I type to my friend people react with "no wonder we're losing, we have fucking viets on the team" or "gg loss, we have viets" and don't even try to win.
    Last edited by Katie N; 2017-11-30 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    If you play over 1000 games maybe. I have 30 games this season so far, I haven't played many games because whenever I type to my friend people react with "no wonder we're losing, we have fucking viets on the team" or "gg loss, we have viets" and don't even try to win.
    You need far fewer than 1000 to see an effect. Otherwise no one would ever climb. You're overestimating the effect of throwers and the like.