Thread: [TV] Arrow

Im not sold on this seasons big bad, Cayden "Adrian Chase" James. This season its father avenging son instead of son avenging father. I wouldn't be surprised if that FBI agent is the sons mother or working for Cayden.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Because it was once awesome.
    Because I've spent too much time on this fething charade and I will see it through.
    Luckily I don't have that "completionist" gene.
    I have always been off and on with South Park for instance, and I've given this season a shot but just gave up on it once it became obvious I wasn't going to get it.

I am resisting the very same urge to skip the parts whenever Iris or Olicity start to loom in.
    I have only done that with a couple of the Flash scenes last week, getting yelled at by the chief and whatnot. If I wanted the drama I'd just watch one of the other CW shows.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

a squad of SMG-equipped nazis trying to out-fistfight superheroes with superpowers or , in case of the Flash - superdowns.
    Why am I watching it, again?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why am I watching it, again?
    People keep asking you that and yet you keep watching it. Probably so you can keep complaining on these forums about how much you don't like the shows you're choosing to keep watching.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    People keep asking you that and yet you keep watching it. Probably so you can keep complaining on these forums about how much you don't like the shows you're choosing to keep watching.
    Or maybe it's so fething shite I'm getting mesmerized to see it through and gauge the measure of shittiness The Arrow can muster along with Supertramp and Durry Hurrin the Dumbest Man Alive.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe it's so fething shite I'm getting mesmerized to see it through and gauge the measure of shittiness The Arrow can muster along with Supertramp and Durry Hurrin the Dumbest Man Alive.
    Na it's to complain
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Na it's to complain
    So when I call out Arrow on how shit it is, I am complaining?
    Sounds about logical.

So when I call out Arrow on how shit it is, I am complaining?
    Sounds about logical.
    Not just to complain but to also spout homophobic comments such as referring to Curtis as black anal and using the term Superdyke. But hey enjoy your world of closed and small minded hate while the rest of us ignore you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    Not just to complain but to also spout homophobic comments such as referring to Curtis as black anal and using the term Superdyke. But hey enjoy your world of closed and small minded hate while the rest of us ignore you.
    I am supposed to be all lovey-dovey around lgbt species?
    No.
    My answer is no.

But neither am I spouting no homophobic comments at all.
    Feel free to go sjw on me, but I won't yield.

And neither do I complain.
    I point out flaws and flipsides with the show.
    That's how you criticize and share opinions.
    I would very much like to point out upsides for the show, but it lacks any.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    And neither do I complain..
    Not a single message in either CW show thread from you is anything but a complaint.

Not a single message in either CW show thread from you is anything but a complaint.
    Definition of complaint, would you please kindly.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's basically a trope at this point, but he whole "no, give them the code so no one else dies" is just stupid. Give up the only leverage you have or they'll kill you and lose all hope? Why would letting them fix their super soldier possibly be good for your future in any way conceivable?

Like I said, not limited to this series. Hell, my other pet peeve trope is the "rack the slide" which even makes it into the Infinity War teaser! (I guess Bucky wasn't loaded until then...)

- - - Updated - - -

HAHA, "you just kept running back into that police station until every officer was saved".

I'm liking this season but the whole team split-up plot is really dumb. I understand that the new guys are upset that Oliver didn't trust them but when one of them was keeping secrets and another was literally betraying him I feel like they don't really have a leg to stand on.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I'm liking this season but the whole team split-up plot is really dumb. I understand that the new guys are upset that Oliver didn't trust them but when one of them was keeping secrets and another was literally betraying him I feel like they don't really have a leg to stand on.
    One of them has this huge master plan to make it look like they're all fighting amongst themselves to lure the bad guys into a false sense of security.

I just can't figure out who yet.

Right now, I'm leaning towards Speedy faking being in a coma to manipulate events to her liking.

good season overall
    I finally managed to stop myself from trying to watch it
    My face is less tired now for because of no facepalming en galore during each new episode

I think Arrow and associates do a great job with the acting and stuff, but I'm just not feeling the villains last season or this. Everything revolves around stupidity.

I don't understand setting explosives in a large warehouse to do... nothing? Whatever. None of that setup had any plan except getting folks killed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it's this seasons version of Felicity being mad about "secrets". "How could you not trust us?" "Well, for starters, because two of you betrayed my trust."

- - - Updated - - -

"Good work"
    "this doesn't change anything"
    "Right, you're still a dick who betrayed me, but good work anyway."

so, isnt argus one of the most powerful government organizations and not only knows but used oliver queen from time to time as a government agent... and diggles wife is the leader... why doesnt argus just make the fbi drop the charges against him?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    so, isnt argus one of the most powerful government organizations and not only knows but used oliver queen from time to time as a government agent... and diggles wife is the leader... why doesnt argus just make the fbi drop the charges against him?
    Stupidity is a plot device. I'm not sure where they're going with this "your son died while the Arrow wasn't around" framing crap, but it seems stupid that a brilliant man didn't do some basic research.

Not sure why they think we'll believe Ollie might go to jail. Not sure why they thought we'd believe Barry would be lost to the Speedforce forever. Not sure why they thought we'd believe everyone on Lian Yu would die in a fiery explosion. I guess the writers think we're as stupid as their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Stupidity is a plot device. I'm not sure where they're going with this "your son died while the Arrow wasn't around" framing crap, but it seems stupid that a brilliant man didn't do some basic research.

Not sure why they think we'll believe Ollie might go to jail. Not sure why they thought we'd believe Barry would be lost to the Speedforce forever. Not sure why they thought we'd believe everyone on Lian Yu would die in a fiery explosion. I guess the writers think we're as stupid as their characters.
    it seems even more stupid that theyre currently using argus AS THEIR BASE

I mean, im not a huge dc guy but i was always under the impression argus was essentially like shield where they were pretty much above the law and could do whatever the hell they want. surely all it would take is for lyla to tell them to shut down the case
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

How come noone is discussing how awesomely awesome few last episodes were?