Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I LOVED my Hunter in vanilla.

BM is OK but it is literally a 3 button dps rotation... come on.
    Did you uhhh... play Vanilla?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Don't think getting rid of steady shot was a good move at all and pets are boring af now.
    They should replace arcane shot with a castable while moving steady shot with a cast time of the length of the GCD just to see if anyone notices that it doesn't play any different.

Vanilla hunters were pretty trash, you had one less bag because of a quiver, one bag was always full of pet food. Crafted ammunition was a cool concept, but I do not want to go back to those days. Getting rid of the dead zone was one of the best things that ever happened to hunters.

That being said, I do agree that Legion hunters is the worst state this class has ever been in. MM feels incomplete, I played hunter originally because I wanted a fast shooting ranged class with traps. All the old aspects, the traps, the stings... now they are all in the melee spec of hunter. I miss the old aspect hopping. Aspect of the Hawk was always the default, but having to switch to Viper when OOM in BC, or Fox in cata when you had to do be mobile. I'm glad they're at least bringing back Aspect of the Pack buff next xpac. Back to my point, our rotation is clunky, dependent on RNG, and just plain boring, especially for single target damage. The meme spec is a little more interesting, but I miss the days of being exceptional at killing bosses, which to me, is what a "marksman" should be best at.

A lot of people tell me SV is actually really fun now, but if I wanted to play a melee class I wouldn't have picked a hunter. Please give some of the utility back to the rest of us ranged folks.

BM has never really been my style for hunter (went SV almost every xpac, dabbed in MM sometimes), but right now I feel like this is the best spec for hunters, and that's saying a lot, because the rotation is, again, pretty boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    but shot weaving between ES, while not rocket science, could tell good hunter from ... a wee bit not so good .
    not really, you could tell the hunters who had the power aura add on (i think that was the name of it) and those who did not :P

Either way, we can both agree surv was awesome and blizzard are ^(^ heads for removing it from the game and turning into melee.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    If you want a PET go BM or SV

So my class that had three option i like (range + pet) now has one option? I am negatively effect by these changes. My options are now limited to none.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    not really, you could tell the hunters who had the power aura add on (i think that was the name of it) and those who did not [emoji14]

Either way, we can both agree surv was awesome and blizzard are ^(^ heads for removing it from the game and turning into melee.

- - - Updated - - -

So my class that had three option i like (range + pet) now has one option? I am negatively effect by these changes. My options are now limited to none.
    No you aren't and MM never since vanilla had any boost from pet dmg not even with lupos.

Pet was nothing related to a Marksman, want MM with pet? Don't play lonewolf and shut the fuck.

Also BM is range with pet and guess what SV is even more beastmaster fantasy attuned than BM

Quote Originally Posted by Shad View Post
    No you aren't and MM never since vanilla had any boost from pet dmg not even with lupos.

Pet was nothing related to a Marksman, want MM with pet? Don't play lonewolf and shut the fuck.

Also BM is range with pet and guess what SV is even more beastmaster fantasy attuned than BM
    Hit a nerve did I? My statement stands true. I use to have 3 range spec that had a pet. Now I have one. Nothing you say makes that statement untrue.

You are correct that MM has a sub-par option but since lone wolf was introduced it has been the key talent, without it you gimp yourself. To be a true option they need to make the talents equivalent. Selecting a pet as MM drops your dps by 5%-10%. That is not a option.

Surv is melee....and that is a whole other can of worms. Pet or not...I didn't select a hunter 12 years ago to play melee.

So when i started this game, i selected a hunter because it was a pet/range class. It had 3 specs/trees. Now playing the same hunter...i have only 1 pet/range option. I am limited.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I played my Hunter as main from Cata to Legion where i stopped at start of Suramar because i was really dissapointed how they reworked hunter . I must say that I played most of the time survival hunter which I always enjoyed the most. Was great times. Well the best thing they can do in next expansion is to bring survival as we liked it back.

it's a shame so many people can't get out of the "i only play hunter to be ranged" mindset.. Survival is the most fun melee spec in game atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes. I, too, miss the days when a caster could shut down and kill a hunter just by walking into their deadzone. Can't shoot them, can't Wing Clip them either. Even if you get rid of them by means of Scatter-Trap or something, they'll be back on your deadzone soon and resume killing you.

No thank you, let that awful mechanic stay dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

The problem is that for all the iconic mechanics and abilities they removed, they actually replaced very little of it (successfully) for the last 4 years or so. The new stuff we get is either flawed, unfinished or completely uninteresting/not used.
    It's extremely easy to butcher half the spellbook & to abandon old concepts, but it will take years to fix that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it's a shame so many people can't get out of the "i only play hunter to be ranged" mindset.. Survival is the most fun melee spec in game atm.
    Its not a mindset. Its what the majority of people who selected a hunter wanted to play. It has nothing to do with the fact that surv is fun or not. It could be the best spec melee spec in the game. It still does not address those people that picked hunter did not want a melee spec....if they did they would of picked one of the 10+ other melee specs (11 once demon hunter was introduced)

Let me put it this way....they could of left surv the way it is ....and make the current playstyle of a melee spec surv a THIRD SPEC FOR DEMON HUNTERS. And that is the true reason Demon Hunters dont have a third spec...that development time went into creating a whole new play style for hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Ah yes. I, too, miss the days when a caster could shut down and kill a hunter just by walking into their deadzone. Can't shoot them, can't Wing Clip them either. Even if you get rid of them by means of Scatter-Trap or something, they'll be back on your deadzone soon and resume killing you.

No thank you, let that awful mechanic stay dead.
    Please dont use pvp as any argument. PvP in Legion is &*%*&%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I didn't talk about Legion at all, then. The deadzone has not existed for many years now. Also, the sorry state of Legion PvP doesn't invalidate the deadzone being a piece of shit mechanic that almost no one wants to see again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    How does that make any sense?

Are you sure that isn't just what the point of choosing a class is? Defining the playstyle you want to play? Otherwise, why bother choosing a class at all if the playstyle doesn't matter? Just have the game be a static avatar and some dice rolling for calcs.

like...lol. If for BfA Fury Warriors lose TG, Warriors shouldn't be stuck in the mindset of using only DW 2handed weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by Goobaman View Post
    How does that make any sense?

Are you sure that isn't just what the point of choosing a class is? Defining the playstyle you want to play? Otherwise, why bother choosing a class at all if the playstyle doesn't matter? Just have the game be a static avatar and some dice rolling for calcs.

like...lol. If for BfA Fury Warriors lose TG, Warriors shouldn't be stuck in the mindset of using only DW 2handed weapons?
    it's not like every spec is melee it's just the one..

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its not a mindset. Its what the majority of people who selected a hunter wanted to play. It has nothing to do with the fact that surv is fun or not. It could be the best spec melee spec in the game. It still does not address those people that picked hunter did not want a melee spec....if they did they would of picked one of the 10+ other melee specs (11 once demon hunter was introduced)

Let me put it this way....they could of left surv the way it is ....and make the current playstyle of a melee spec surv a THIRD SPEC FOR DEMON HUNTERS. And that is the true reason Demon Hunters dont have a third spec...that development time went into creating a whole new play style for hunters.

- - - Updated - - -

If you picked a hunter solely to be ranged you can still pick a different class that has 3 ranged specs.

As to your demon hunter Third spec theory its pretty flawed. Demo warlocks got a full rework as well, outlaw and sub got some big changes as well. Trying to say demon hunters only got 2 specs solely because of hunters is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Demo warlocks got a full rework as well, outlaw and sub got some big changes as well.
    And both are doing great, right?

7+ Year Old Account
    And both are doing great, right?
    I think demo is great theme and gameplay wise but haven’t touched outlaw so can’t comment on that. If by doing great you mean they are top tier for raids or what ever don’t known don’t care.

I think demo is great theme and gameplay wise but haven’t touched outlaw so can’t comment on that. If by doing great you mean they are top tier for raids or what ever don’t known don’t care.
    These two + survival hunter are the least played specs according to this: http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/classes But since you "do not know and do not care" it does not matter, probably.

7+ Year Old Account
    These two + survival hunter are the least played specs according to this: http://www.worldofwargraphs.com/pve-stats/classes But since you "do not know and do not care" it does not matter, probably.
    And 99% of people don’t raid mythic so your right it doesn’t matter.

If you picked a hunter solely to be ranged you can still pick a different class that has 3 ranged specs.

As to your demon hunter Third spec theory its pretty flawed. Demo warlocks got a full rework as well, outlaw and sub got some big changes as well. Trying to say demon hunters only got 2 specs solely because of hunters is silly.
    yea fuck that im not rerolling after 10 yrs because some idiots wanted a meme spec.

And 99% of people don’t raid mythic so your right it doesn’t matter.
    Yep, and these three are great success. Case closed.