Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Vote for your Lootbox of the Year award!

You know it's the time, boys.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    You know it's the time, boys.
    HotS gets my vote. Gotten several legendary heroes from only a few free boxes.

My box of fish sticks actually contained fish sticks.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

My favorite Lootbox of all time is:

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure if this is supposed to be a negative or positive post.

But in case it's a positive post.
    1st. Heroes of the storm (you gain a lot of them and you always get something out of it. And its mainly cosmetic things so no pay to win.
    2nd. Overwatch (same reason as heroes of the storm)
    3rd. Battlerite (same reason as above)

Honourable mentions.
    Hearthstone - Heroes of Warcraft. (Not a lootbox but has similarities, this system is built upon the age-old booster pack. Would be nice if it had a trading system.)
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

EA Battlefront 2 of course.

My amazon package the other night.

I ordered a tablet they sent me someone else's stuff. I asked support what they want me to do with it and they said I can ether donate it or keep it. (I had them double confirm this). This package even showed up on my order (they took a pic of it being delivered lol).

It had a Amazon Fire Stick(2017 model) and a Logitech G230 headset.

20min's after I got that package I got another with my tablet, While I was talking to support.

So that's my lootbox of the year lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-11-30 at 01:40 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My amazon package the other night.

I ordered a tablet they sent me someone else's stuff. I asked support what they want me to do with it and they said I can ether donate it or keep it. (I had them double confirm this). This package even showed up on my order (they took a pic of it being delivered lol).

It had a Amazon Fire Stick(2017 model) and a Logitech G230 headset.

20min's after I got that package I got another with my tablet, While I was talking to support.

So that's my lootbox of the year lol.
    I had a similar incident, though it was two years ago not this year.

Ordered a monitor through Best Buy (this one right here). It was roughly $300 after taxes and shipping. It finally arrived, and it has a scratch on the screen. It was small, and honestly I couldn't notice it unless I was looking at a perfectly white screen...but paying $300 for a monitor with a scratch? I wanted a new one.

SOO I go into the physical store and return it, they take it and set it behind their counter as per usual with a return. They refund the money then reorder me a new one. Ok, problem solved! New monitor ordered and old one returned, now I wait.

A week or so later my new one arrives and it is in perfect shape this time (still using it right now)! Great, so I use it for a solid month or two....then one day I come home from work and I see a package on my front door. I immediately recognize it as the same box as my monitor (since they shipped it in it's normal box due to size) so I have a "wtf?" moment. Check my bank account, nope didn't double order on accident. So....I open the box (which looked like it was resealed). Lo and behold it was the scratched one, come back to me for......who knows what reason since it was returned to their store and was supposed to be shipped back to their warehouse. For some reason they shipped it back to me rather than themselves.

I waited 2 months, got no contact from them so I gave it to my brother whom is absolutely fine with the tiny scratch on his free $300 monitor...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

WARCRAFT LEGION

The game is nothing but lootboxes

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    WARCRAFT LEGION

The game is nothing but lootboxes
    Aren't you the one who quit like 3 xpacs ago but stays on the site to constantly shitpost about how bad WoW is now, despite having absolutely experiential basis for doing so?

OT: The only game I play that uses lootboxes is Overwatch, so I guess that for better or worse? I actually like the OW system a lot, and have gotten plenty out of it despite not spending cash on the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I had a similar incident, though it was two years ago not this year.

Ordered a monitor through Best Buy (this one right here). It was roughly $300 after taxes and shipping. It finally arrived, and it has a scratch on the screen. It was small, and honestly I couldn't notice it unless I was looking at a perfectly white screen...but paying $300 for a monitor with a scratch? I wanted a new one.

SOO I go into the physical store and return it, they take it and set it behind their counter as per usual with a return. They refund the money then reorder me a new one. Ok, problem solved! New monitor ordered and old one returned, now I wait.

A week or so later my new one arrives and it is in perfect shape this time (still using it right now)! Great, so I use it for a solid month or two....then one day I come home from work and I see a package on my front door. I immediately recognize it as the same box as my monitor (since they shipped it in it's normal box due to size) so I have a "wtf?" moment. Check my bank account, nope didn't double order on accident. So....I open the box (which looked like it was resealed). Lo and behold it was the scratched one, come back to me for......who knows what reason since it was returned to their store and was supposed to be shipped back to their warehouse. For some reason they shipped it back to me rather than themselves.

I waited 2 months, got no contact from them so I gave it to my brother whom is absolutely fine with the tiny scratch on his free $300 monitor...
    Nice, Ya I bought there amazon fire 8HD tablet for $50 and the stuff they sent with the black friday even was $50. So I was like cool amazon kinda gave me my money back lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    OT: The only game I play that uses lootboxes is Overwatch, so I guess that for better or worse? I actually like the OW system a lot, and have gotten plenty out of it despite not spending cash on the boxes.
    The question you have to ask yourself is: Why are all the emotes and stuff locked behind a grind-wall? I've probably put about 30hrs into OW and I haven't gotten a single skin for the hero I wanted. I'm still 30% short of the credits I would need for any of the decent skins as well. The amount of hours I would need to dedicate to that mediocre game to get all the cosmetics for even a single hero is mindboggling. There is no value-added incentive as a consumer for the lootboxes to be in the game. They only needlessly drag out content acquisition to insane time investments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battlefront 2, amazing system which gets the community vocal and working together.

Nice, Ya I bought there amazon fire 8HD tablet for $50 and the stuff they sent with the black friday even was $50. So I was like cool amazon kinda gave me my money back lol.
    Amazon is amazing with customer service. My bro bought something from them and it was the wrong size (a charcoal chimney for a smoker. You heat up your charcoal in it, then dump it into the smoker but this one was WAAAYY too small). They simply refunded the money and told him to keep it.

It's a tad scary that they can afford to do that but at the same time great for the customers (so long as they don't abuse it...)
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Amazon is amazing with customer service. My bro bought something from them and it was the wrong size (a charcoal chimney for a smoker. You heat up your charcoal in it, then dump it into the smoker but this one was WAAAYY too small). They simply refunded the money and told him to keep it.

It's a tad scary that they can afford to do that but at the same time great for the customers (so long as they don't abuse it...)
    Right but to be clear its US amazon customer service that is great. I hear nothing but horror story's from UK's customer service.

Hell a buddy of mine has had nothing but hell with them over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Battlefront 2, amazing system which gets the community vocal and working together.
    ..........Kinda true. Pretty much everyone is in agreement that the system is complete bullshit. Never seen gamers so united.

- - - Updated - - -

Right but to be clear its US amazon customer service that is great. I hear nothing but horror story's from UK's customer service.

Hell a buddy of mine has had nothing but hell with them over there.
    I also hear that they kinda bully the providers of products as well. Basically like Wal*Mart they strongarm them into allowing them to sell at a lower price than normal or they will refuse to allow their product on the site.

Aren't you the one who quit like 3 xpacs ago but stays on the site to constantly shitpost about how bad WoW is now, despite having absolutely experiential basis for doing so?

Hahahaha your weekly treasure trove are loot boxes. Grind that same content. Praying for +50 titanforge socket.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will tell you loot box of the year but first here is how it is done

You can play some games with me until you hit 1000 posts made to unlock a loot box

or

1.99 for 2 loot boxes
    4.99 for 5 loot boxes
    8.99 for 10 loot boxes
    15.99 for 20 loot boxes

Now it is possible for you to get an answer to your question, so have at it. You will get other items, such as pictures of me in various Reinhardt poses or with a simple thumbs up.

For each duplicate you will get 1 credit. it takes 1000 credits to buy the answer

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Hahahaha your weekly treasure trove are loot boxes. Grind that same content. Praying for +50 titanforge socket.
    I don't raid or do repeatable quests, but uh ok. Stay bitter, baddy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    The question you have to ask yourself is: Why are all the emotes and stuff locked behind a grind-wall? I've probably put about 30hrs into OW and I haven't gotten a single skin for the hero I wanted. I'm still 30% short of the credits I would need for any of the decent skins as well. The amount of hours I would need to dedicate to that mediocre game to get all the cosmetics for even a single hero is mindboggling. There is no value-added incentive as a consumer for the lootboxes to be in the game. They only needlessly drag out content acquisition to insane time investments.
    A lot of it depends on how you play. I found that I leveled a lot faster and thus got boxes at a much quicker rate once I found friends in game and grouped with 2-3 other people for comp matches since the xp is much better. I guess it depends on your perspective, as well. I really only care about the skins since I don't use sprays/emotes/etc. and even those I can take or leave. I tend to play more during holiday events since there are sometimes skins I like there, and the older skins are discounted enough (1k) that I can afford them pretty easily. If you're really tied up in the aesthetics of the game and the stuff in the loot boxes then I see how this system could be kind of frustrating, but even so, the game DOES hand them out for each level you get, 3x a week for 3's games (or whatever in that category you feel like playing), etc. Sure, some people drop $100 every holiday season on boxes, but I'm not super concerned about someone getting a skin/emote combo before I do so whatevs.

I don't raid or do repeatable quests, but uh ok. Stay bitter, baddy.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of it depends on how you play. I found that I leveled a lot faster and thus got boxes at a much quicker rate once I found friends in game and grouped with 2-3 other people for comp matches since the xp is much better. I guess it depends on your perspective, as well. I really only care about the skins since I don't use sprays/emotes/etc. and even those I can take or leave. I tend to play more during holiday events since there are sometimes skins I like there, and the older skins are discounted enough (1k) that I can afford them pretty easily. If you're really tied up in the aesthetics of the game and the stuff in the loot boxes then I see how this system could be kind of frustrating, but even so, the game DOES hand them out for each level you get, 3x a week for 3's games (or whatever in that category you feel like playing), etc. Sure, some people drop $100 every holiday season on boxes, but I'm not super concerned about someone getting a skin/emote combo before I do so whatevs.
    U have horrible taste in games