Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My very last legendary that I can get for my main spec and still don't have is my BiS, and now there's more personal RNG drops? Guess I'll get them at the end of the expansion then.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I'm going to go with "not nearly as fucked up as you want it to be." - For the majority of players it's fine, and for the majority of Mythic raiders (which is a very tiny minority, sorry but we are.) and it's a non-issue. It's going to be a total clusterfuck for the 3 guilds that compete for World First, but I honestly doubt Blizzard cares about them. It's probably a game for Blizzard tbh, lets see how many hoops we can make them jump through before they decide it's not worth it.

Losing your shit over something that's only going to be a struggle for the WF race seems unwise. For even the above average Mythic guilds you'll be rolling in the trinkets before you make any meaningful progression so..
    Uhh no, ToS took my guild 12 weeks, with 8 of those being just the last two bosses.

Guild won't even come close to having every main with pantheon trinkets by week 3 of mythic, at which point we will be into the hard bosses where being in the group or not will depend on who has the trinkets to maximize uptime on the pantheon buffs.

This affects every mythic guild that clears at a reasonable pace.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Has anyone gotten an epic trinket from both normal and heroic? Curious if you only get one chance per week, regardless of difficulty.

There's also the question of if it's possible to bonus roll them.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Uhh no, ToS took my guild 12 weeks, with 8 of those being just the last two bosses.

Guild won't even come close to having every main with pantheon trinkets by week 3 of mythic, at which point we will be into the hard bosses where being in the group or not will depend on who has the trinkets to maximize uptime on the pantheon buffs.

This affects every mythic guild that clears at a reasonable pace.
    Reading is apparently not a prerequisite to Mythic raiding "at a reasonable pace." - We make up a very very tiny minority even if you count guilds that zone in but never actually down a boss. So do you realize how small of a group of players you're talking about this being an issue for? Your average to slightly above average Mythic raiding guild is going to be decked out in these before it even matters to them. Cutting edge is fucked, but you can't balance around the cutting edge.

Does personal loot from argue is the only way to get amanthul? What if I have all my main spec legenderies or even all my class legenderies except amanthul? Wouldn't blp make it drop elsewhere and guarantee it ?

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    Does personal loot from argue is the only way to get amanthul? What if I have all my main spec legenderies or even all my class legenderies except amanthul? Wouldn't blp make it drop elsewhere and guarantee it ?
    Using your logic any semi serious raider would all have it week 1.

So no, no you can't get it like that.

Deleted
    Immagine a twist:

"The trinket was never supposed to make it into the game, however, the one person who got it, will be allowed to keep it"

People would go batshit insane mode

I wonder how long before they just remove ML from the game.
    It's 100% coming in the future, and it makes me worry about the future of raiding in this game.

Reading is apparently not a prerequisite to Mythic raiding "at a reasonable pace." - We make up a very very tiny minority even if you count guilds that zone in but never actually down a boss. So do you realize how small of a group of players you're talking about this being an issue for? Your average to slightly above average Mythic raiding guild is going to be decked out in these before it even matters to them. Cutting edge is fucked, but you can't balance around the cutting edge.
    While that isn't entirely false, it's still stupid to tie so much player power to such RNG. It's legendaries all over again, and it wasn't only the Mythic raiders who cried about these, not even close. Making them like Archimonde's trinkets would have been far better even if not perfect.

People like getting more powerful, regardless of the content they do. It's why TF is so popular amongst the more casual/non raiding playerbase even if they don't need it. And having my best trinket cockblocked by a PL system where it cannot be traded, bonused or have higher odds to drop sucks. Nothing to do but run Argus over and over until RNGsus blesses me, then hope I don't fall too far behind if I get it week 10 while others have been upgrading theirs since week 1 or 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    While that isn't entirely false, it's still stupid to tie so much player power to such RNG. It's legendaries all over again, and it wasn't only the Mythic raiders who cried about these, not even close. Making them like Archimonde's trinkets would have been far better even if not perfect.

People like getting more powerful, regardless of the content they do. It's why TF is so popular amongst the more casual/non raiding playerbase even if they don't need it. And having my best trinket cockblocked by a PL system where it cannot be traded, bonused or have higher odds to drop sucks. Nothing to do but run Argus over and over until RNGsus blesses me, then hope I don't fall too far behind if I get it week 10 while others have been upgrading theirs since week 1 or 2.
    It's a natural nerf to a raid expected to last until Fall of 2018. You'll have more then enough time to complete the upgrades before the next expansion.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    It's a natural nerf to a raid expected to last until Fall of 2018. You'll have more then enough time to complete the upgrades before the next expansion.
    Sure, but in the meantime I won't have this most powerful of trinkets during the time I need it most.

The upgrade tokens should at the very least drop no matter what, so that you can already begin to ''work'' on the trinket, as it were.

Deleted
    I think it's pretty likely the upgrade tokens will drop no matter what. It's almost pretty much a given that BLP will be put into effect within a couple of resets aswell. Stat squish coming, and it's the last raid of the expansion.

Considering they are gettin rid of the legendery system and all that aswell, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they in the BfA pre-patch allowed people to freely equip as many legenderies we could fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't want to have to reclear normal week after week just to get something that has a lower drop rate than it should have. Assuming of course that the trinkets don't share a lockout between difficulties.
    To be fair, you would/will be doing that anyways for the upgrade tokens.

I got to argus on normal mode on an alt yesterday.. And gave the lockout to my two other characters then did it on the main alt this morning. 3 kills on 3 characters normal mode and my warrior and mage both got pantheon trinket. Druid didn't. Seems pretty high drop rate on these even though I admit I am lucky. I've heard of my buddies raid getting 7 of them first kill.

Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    I got to argus on normal mode on an alt yesterday.. And gave the lockout to my two other characters then did it on the main alt this morning. 3 kills on 3 characters normal mode and my warrior and mage both got pantheon trinket. Druid didn't. Seems pretty high drop rate on these even though I admit I am lucky. I've heard of my buddies raid getting 7 of them first kill.
    That's just luck, most raids are getting 1-5 on 30 man, i've heard of one or two ~20 mans getting zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our first clear on normal we had 4 pantheon trinkets drop and the legendary one. Did an alt run tonight and none dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikehuntz View Post
    Our first clear on normal we had 4 pantheon trinkets drop and the legendary one. Did an alt run tonight and none dropped.
    Well atleast it wasn't the other way around lol, your alts got them :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    To be fair, you would/will be doing that anyways for the upgrade tokens.
    At some point my guild will have Heroic on farm and not Normal. I really wouldn't want to run all of Normal once it is obsolete just to get another chance at the trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    1 in 20 on normal yesterday (dont know how many people coined). You were really lucky.

We had 5 drop in a 22 man raid on NM. But RNG be RNG I guess. One agi, 2 int, 1 tank and 1 healer.