Thread: Alterac Valley

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Alterac Valley

Do you guys think that AV will be awesome again on the classic servers? Or do you think it will still be just a zerg race to the other end of the map.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Deleted
    Very few people here actually did a whole lot of pvp back in Vanilla or were any good at it due the 2 classes being able to oneman army entire groups. I played some pvp in Vanilla, a decent amount even...but I can't remember how the BG's actually were in terms of fun other than lasting for days.

Don't think you can physically overpower it like you can currently, so you'll have to take out the towers and such. On top of that, people will actually want to farm honour/rep/gear, so they will do the objectives for the quests and such too.

They'll last days just as they did in Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it cannot be zerged on vanilla

vanilla was not a zerg but a week long drag out battle. Often not ending until the weekly maintenance. It was a fun pvp experience that they have been unable to replicate

I hope AV is like it originally was when they introduced it. You could mine, herb, skin, fish, farm guards/harpies for gold and cloth. There was a lot going on. Also, the two big summonable bosses dropped items, I still have http://www.wowhead.com/item=19110/cold-forged-blade on my pally from the Ice Lord.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Vanilla AV would be enough to have its on game (almost). i do miss the days long BGs in there, it actually felt like a back and forth battle vs a zerg fest
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Do you guys think that AV will be awesome again on the classic servers? Or do you think it will still be just a zerg race to the other end of the map.
    Depends which version of AV they're running. 1.8 through 1.12 saw several changes such as removing segments of the map, removing the troll boss at snowfall gy and nerfing all NPCs.

I remember the first time I saw the 2 elementals summoned in an AV battle. It was fun to watch them do their thing.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

"If you try to zerg AV during Classic you are going to have a bad time"

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Don't think you can physically overpower it like you can currently, so you'll have to take out the towers and such.
    That's not totally true... the guards had normal aggro mechanics and didn't leash, so you could kite the guards out from the bosses room and kill them one at a time without taking their tower... Competent small groups could backdoor it fairly easily.

as somebody who only enjoys AV for pvp in retail, and then, only when its a turtle, I look forward to vanilla av

If I remember rightly, the Alliance have the map advantage in AV. On Nost the Alliance had a higher success rate when Zerging, it didn't take long for the Horde to realize that defence was their only chance of winning, unless their opponents were utterly clueless, which was the case sometimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Very few people here actually did a whole lot of pvp back in Vanilla
    Another dude trying to spread the bullshit around internet "very few people raided in vanilla", "very few people was doin pvp in vanilla", very few people blabla in vanilla"

Ok so, a very few people actually played the game in vanilla ? And all the rest was just sitting around doin nothing in Orgrimmar / Ironforge right ?

How can you be that stupid

On Nostalrius people seem to know what to do. Then there's the chinese botters that just fight in mid.

Zerging -IS- the superior strategy, else you fight for 3 hours and losing fast still gives better rewards than losing/winning slow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    Another dude trying to spread the bullshit around internet "very few people raided in vanilla", "very few people was doin pvp in vanilla", very few people blabla in vanilla"

Ok so, a very few people actually played the game in vanilla ? And all the rest was just sitting around doin nothing in Orgrimmar / Ironforge right ?

Very few people actually did like real PvP, as I said...I did a fair amount of pvp myself...but running around clueless like a retard isn't something I can use as a reference to how good the game was back than. And yes, the vast majority ran around clueless in PvP not having any idea what to do or how to do it.

And just as a reference, I think you highly overestimate how many people reached max level during Vanilla and if they did how many did anything worthwhile like PvP or Raiding. This is a fact and can even be backed up by current WoW sub activities...the vast majority of players log in for dailies, do LFR and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Very few people actually did like real PvP, as I said...I did a fair amount of pvp myself...but running around clueless like a retard isn't something I can use as a reference to how good the game was back than. And yes, the vast majority ran around clueless in PvP not having any idea what to do or how to do it.

And just as a reference, I think you highly overestimate how many people reached max level during Vanilla and if they did how many did anything worthwhile like PvP or Raiding. This is a fact and can even be backed up by current WoW sub activities...the vast majority of players log in for dailies, do LFR and call it a day.
    The vast majority of people that play Retail didn't even play WOTLK, less so Vanilla. So that's rather irrelevant. We're well aware WoW is full of casuals nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alterac Valley is the main thing I miss from Vanilla, I don't care it was a broken mess, I had so much fun there, although most speak of the 24 hour long AV matches, longes tI think I had was 6 hours .
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post

Compared to questing, dungeons and just exploring a very few people did focus mainly on either PvP or Raiding. Raiding was the least populated feature. The thing is, in vanilla, you actually had a world to play in. Not just a hub with a button press away from teleporting to free epics.

This might answer some of the questions