Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well he is in space, in fact he should not been able to say NO.
    men this is game about killing dragons and other monsters using super powers and magic and the only problem is talking in space ? rly

Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    Still, it appears he had plenty of time to obliterate Azeroth. Instead he was chilling in a cloud nearby, lol.
    Because he wanted to corrupt Azeroth, not obliterate it. Him plunging the sword into Slilithus was a last, spiteful act that he committed when he knew defeat was near.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Because he wanted to corrupt Azeroth, not obliterate it. Him plunging the sword into Slilithus was a last, spiteful act that he committed when he knew defeat was near.
    Wasn't it recently stated that the whole point of the Burning Crusade is to wipe out all life to prevent it from being corrupted by the void? But yeah, considering that Azeroth is a powerful world-soul that could prove a powerful ally to Sargeras, maybe you're right. Still, it's kinda sketchy writing. It doesn't surprise me either, as the Blizzard story team has been super inconsistent over the past few years.

EDIT: just saw this on WoWpedia: "Sargeras created it (the Burning Legion) with the purpose of destroying all world-souls in the universe in order to prevent the void lords from corrupting them, which would lead to the birth of a Dark Titan, a being of unspeakable evil that would utterly annihilate and consume the universe". It only proves that I'm right about the shitty writing on Blizzard's part.
    Last edited by mmoca7431c090a; 2017-11-29 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by panalfik View Post
    Wasn't it recently stated that the whole point of the Burning Crusade is to wipe out all life to prevent it from being corrupted by the void? But yeah, considering that Azeroth is a powerful world-soul that could prove a powerful ally to Sargeras, maybe you're right. Still, it's kinda sketchy writing. It doesn't surprise me either, as the Blizzard story team has been super inconsistent over the past few years.

EDIT: just saw this on WoWpedia: "Sargeras created it (the Burning Legion) with the purpose of destroying all world-souls in the universe in order to prevent the void lords from corrupting them, which would lead to the birth of a Dark Titan, a being of unspeakable evil that would utterly annihilate and consume the universe". It only proves that I'm right about the shitty writing on Blizzard's part.
    On the same WoWpedia article:

"Soon after the War of the Ancients, Sargeras also had a vision: the Well of Eternity imploded once again, but this time, it dragged him down to the very core of Azeroth. He was there for only an instant, but in that moment, he saw Azeroth's slumbering world-soul--and in that moment, the world-soul opened one eye and gazed at the Dark Titan. He was enraptured. Since then, the eye of Azeroth's world-soul has not been far from his thoughts. He commanded the eredar who forged the scepter to crown it with that lone, wondrous orb. Next to it, the eredar placed two nathrezim wings, a testament to Sargeras's conception of the world-soul: corrupted, demonic, and most importantly, his."

I didn't get that cinematic at all. What was Sargeras even doing there?