Poll: What sports did you play when you were a kid or teenager?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I did karate (soo bahk do) until I got the 2nd notch on my red belt then we moved. I also did slow pitch softball when I was younger, and fast pitch when I was in high school. While I'm not a gymnast, I did do dance and did cheerleading at a tiny high school (not even 1A, 100 kids prek-12th max.)

I mostly did a lot of art though :P

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    US football - Cornerback. Made it to the state championship game of the largest schools my junior year.
    Track - Ran the 400M and 800M races

Asian martial arts that gradually devolved into boxing. Soon after I quit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played first string strong safety and tightend in football.
    Played center and power forward in basketball.
    Played center halfback in youth soccer.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Judo is the sport version of jujitsu, none of the danger. What's brutal about that. I practiced judo and jujitsu for many years
    Okay tough-guy.
    It was in comparison to soccer.

Volleyball. I was in the high school team and to this day it's the no1 thing I like to do. Too bad there are no clubs around the area I'm in, I'd love to go and play amateur a few hours every week.

I seriously like it more than gaming/reading/TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Okay tough-guy.
    It was in comparison to soccer.
    >.< it has nothing to do with being a "tough guy" judo is literally "the gentle way" the hardest part about Judo is the warmup.

Went to a small high school without too many options so I played soccer and moved around the defensive line as necessary. Filled in as keeper a few times as well.

Does Marching band count as a sport? We had competitions. If so then my position was Euphonium/baritone.

Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Football, wide receiver . The only reason the coach liked me was because I was exceptionally fast. But I could not catch the ball worth a shit. So I did not last long at it. Was not disappointed after I got tackled once and had the wind knocked out of me. I was pretty good at 100 yard dashes, running them in less than 11 secs. But once again, because my family moved a lot as migrant farm workers, I never got to stay very long at any school more than one year.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2017-11-30 at 03:27 AM.

Played P3 in Volleyball and Centre in Hockey.

Did Gymnastics competitions for my school too. Also did 200M and High Jump running for my internal school set competition

Was part of the Squash team at school and still play Tennis and Squash to this day. Still do lots of running events.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played soccer in high school. My position was "benchwarmer" and occasional "moron who doesn't know how to play soccer."

My school didn't have gym class, so everyone had to play two years of sports. I did JV soccer. Hated it. I've never been a sports guy. The idea of chasing a ball around never really entertained me. Can't play, can't watch. Just, not interested in it whatsoever.
    Putin khuliyo

I was a swimmer in high school. My position was wet, mostly.

200 free was my main event, also did 100 back and was on 1-2 relay teams per meet. I also did the 500 free when I couldn't talk my way out of it.

On several occasions I wanted too. But I know my brother already put a heavy financial strain on my parents with his sports. Each year they struggled to pay for his sign up, the equipment rentals and the physical. Add to it that I knew that the constant practices would ruin it for me, and I just never did. I wanted to play the game. Not run up and down a field for 15 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Does Marching band count as a sport? We had competitions. If so then my position was Euphonium/baritone.
    I saw the marching band kids do a gauntlet formation in practice once...one of the most brutal dogpiles I've ever seen. It's definitely a sport.

None of these. Played Tennis and Outrigger Canoe in high school in Hawaii. Tennis I played singles and outrigger I was usually more towards the middle.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-11-30 at 03:45 AM.

Started playing baseball when I was seven. Played until high school. Mostly pitcher and catcher. Was also on a weekend bowling league for a few years. Just before I quit baseball I played football for one season as left guard. I also played basketball and volleyball through some public leagues for 4 years. In Junior High my friend and I convinced the football coach to start a golf team so I played that for one year. In High School I ran cross country for one season but had to quit because of shinsplints. Did diving for one season but had to quit because I got sinus infections from the water. At that point I gave up on school sports and started doing Kickboxing and Jiu-Jitsu. I've done that since 1995 and made it my career. As part of my kickboxing I also tried to join a gymnastics school but the coaches said I was too tall.

Baseball: Middle infield, Pitcher, Catcher
    Ice Hockey: Forward/backup Goalie
    Ultimate Frisbee: Handler/flex receiver
    Volleyball(recreationally): Outside hitter
    Basketball: SG until I quit to focus on other sports
    XC: Runner.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Volleyball and Cheerleading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Junior and High School teams for Track and Field, Football (left guard), Tennis, Weight Lifting, and Gymnastics. I guess I was fairly active then.