Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question [SPOILERS] So, about Sargeras and Azeroth...

Well we got a very nice video that ends the final raid in Legion. However the cinematic exposes many lore plot holes (for me at least).

Here are my biggest questions:

What was Sargeras doing in Azeroth?
    Since when was he there?
    No one noticed him in the skies of Azeroth before the end of the Antorus raid?
    How did he get there?
    He must be heavy (he is a planet afterall)... What places and regions in Azeroth did he smashed, crushed and scarred just because of his weight during the time he was grabbing the planet (aka before he used his sword)?
    Did someone died (well, besides the cenarion circle and all the bugs in silithus) while he was attached to the planet?
    Is he leaving other scars in Azeroth besides his sword?
    Did he just instantly "forged" a new sword with the mats of his own body, being the sword part of his own essence?

And by the way, since he was brought to the new place (aka prison) were the pantheon are being held, how did they manage to shrink him to the size of a small giant, not much taller than Illidan's size?

Very beautiful scene, very confusing lore explanations!

PS: Where is Elune by the way? I was hoping to get an answer for that in this expansion...
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2017-11-29 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    I think the biggest problem here is that you need to understand how fantasy works and stop trying to work out things like mass and pressure applied to a celestial object.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiphar View Post
    I think the biggest problem here is that you need to understand how fantasy works and stop trying to work out things like mass and pressure applied to a celestial object.
    I dont have a problem with fantasy stories... i know warcraft world since Warcraft 1 and i understand and love much of its lore.

I just dont think the cinematic makes much sense overall. Deathwing aka a dragon can unleash a cataclysm but a giant of the size of a planet doesnt harm anything besides pushing a sword into the planets core...

Deleted
    It all happens during the raid, you can see the cloud Sargeras getting closer to Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't get why he couldn't just stabbed Azeroth at anytime but it is fantasy in the end, loved the cinematic though
    Because he was trying to corrupt her. The stabbing was as "if I don't get her, noone will!".

The two firsts you may know the answer in the raid.
    I'm sure that everyone on Azeroth noticed senpai Sargeras but what could they do apart from complaining that he took the sun light away?
    He got there by clouding through space and across the portal Illidan made or something. They are said to be being of immense power so who knows.
    About the where he put his hand. Could be somewhere or nowhere. Maybe just on his cloud. But if he did put in on azeroth then something had to happened. Maybe south of Stranglethorn, I don't know what continent was he "on" nor the video seem to show it properly.
    Who died could it be difficult to say. Maybe people was going crazy when they saw him up there and apart from everyone on Silithus or where his hand was who knows.
    No idea probably no scars apart from the sword.
    And the sword I read somewhere it was linked to his soul or something. Also he could be a mage and make it happened.
    Last, maybe Titans can change size or the Pantheon magic was truly powerful. Maybe one day Blizzard will tell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I wonder if he asked for Consent from Azeroth... I mean, he was practically inside her.
    If she didn't want it she shouldn't have been dressed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Because he was trying to corrupt her. The stabbing was as "if I don't get her, noone will!".
    What i understood from Chronicles is that only the void lords want to corrupt slumbering titans like Azeroth to make them their champion in the universe, as they cant physically manifest in the universe. Sargeras doesnt want to corrupt slumbering titans, he wants to kill them to prevent any possible corruption by the void. He prefers to kill all existing life so that the void doesnt get to them first.

That was the original goal of the burning crusade. At least the way i undestood it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    What i understood from Chronicles is that only the void lords want to corrupt slumbering titans like Azeroth to make them their champion in the universe, as they cant physically manifest in the universe. Sargeras doesnt want to corrupt slumbering titans, he wants to kill them to prevent any possible corruption by the void. He prefers to kill all existing life so that the void doesnt get to them first.

That was the original goal of the burning crusade. At least the way i undestood it.
    The void lords want to corrupt with the void. This is indeed why Sargeras' original plan was to destroy everything, leaving nothing to corrupt.
    However he changed his mind, and decided that it would be better if he corrupted Titans with the fel, so he would have allies during the remainder of his crusade. We learn this during the Argus story when we see the Dark Pantheon plan in action.

Basically he decided he'd rather have an evil fel-sister working with him than a dead not-void one. And once he realised he wasn't going to get that he decided to go back to the "kill her" plan.

It's OK, people will let it slide because apparently 'a wizard did it' is acceptable for fantasy writing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

it would be nice touch that they somehow included the scar from the Broxigar's axe on Sargeras....

to the OP, you are right....he did lean and put his hand on the planet when he stab it with a sword and it didn't look like gentle touch. For sure some major dmg would be done like that.
    Last edited by dim; 2017-11-29 at 10:09 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well we got a very nice video that ends the final raid in Legion. However the cinematic exposes many lore plot holes (for me at least).

Since when was he there?
    How did he get there?
    He must be heavy (he is a planet afterall)... What places and regions in Azeroth did he smashed, crushed and scarred just because of his weight during the time he was grabbing the planet (aka before he used his sword)?
    Did someone died (well, besides the cenarion circle and all the bugs in silithus) while he was attached to the planet?
    Did he just instantly "forged" a new sword with the mats of his own body, being the sword part of his own essence?

And by the way, since he was brought to the new place (aka prison) were the pantheon are being held, how did they manage to shrink him to the size of a small giant, not much taller than Illidan's size?

Very beautiful scene, very confusing lore explanations!

PS: Where is Elune by the way? I was hoping to get an answer for that in this expansion...
    1. we dont know
    2/3. we were focused on stopping the legion to notice him grabbing azeroth.
    4. he was flying i presume?
    5. he wasent actuallty touching azeroth he was hovering over it., he never touched it except for when the sword hits... he doesent even have legs
    6.he doesent grab the planet again
    7. no, he didnt touch the planet
    8. like many others who are able to summon weapons, he summoned a weapon and stabbed it
    9. the seat of thew pantheon have the power to entrap and weaken the titans. also no he is MUCH taller then illidan... He is taller then the others, hes just sitting, and i dont think you get that...
    10. not really if you knew sizes and such
    11. where is nzoth, where is nomi? we can all want blizzard to tell every story of what ever charecter is doing at every moment, but they cant
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Since when was he there?
    How did he get there?

What was Sargeras doing in Azeroth? - He was preparing for sexy time with Azeroth.

Since when was he there? - Noone knows. He's a sneaky bastard.

No one noticed him in the skies of Azeroth before the end of the Antorus raid? - He produced the smoke for some privacy. Also, see point 2.

He must be heavy (he is a planet afterall)... What places and regions in Azeroth did he smashed, crushed and scarred just because of his weight during the time he was grabbing the planet (aka before he used his sword)? - He was being gentle and careful to not damage Azeroth before he is done.

Did someone died - Yes, I'm pretty sure many people diededed.

Is he leaving other scars in Azeroth besides his sword? - Not in visible places, if you know what I mean.

Did he just instantly "forged" a new sword with the mats of his own body, being the sword part of his own essence? - Yes, you can say he "forged" his sword with his own body and that sword included his own "essence". We think its a sword but its actually his ....

And by the way, since he was brought to the new place (aka prison) were the pantheon are being held, how did they manage to shrink him to the size of a small giant, not much taller than Illidan's size? - They used magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    I don't get why he couldn't just stabbed Azeroth at anytime but it is fantasy in the end, loved the cinematic though
    He wanted to seize control of the planet, corrupting it, but as they started to take her away he went "if i cant have her no one can"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he was IN Azeroth, he was just close to it.
    And he's been telling us for eons that he wants to destroy Azeroth so I would assume he was about to do so.

Since when was he there?
    You can see him in his cloud inching closer as you do Antorus.

Of course they did, what're you gunna do, leave Antorus and throw rocks at him? Finishing Antorus to get the titans before Sargeras can do much harm is the main reason for being there anyway.

How did he get there?
    Illidan opened a big dumb portal to Argus and basically every demon knows where Azeroth is after that, so it was only a matter of time before Sargeras arrived.

I'm not sure he was touching anything, it just looks like he was.

Did someone die (well, besides the cenarion circle and all the bugs in silithus) while he was attached to the planet?
    Again, he wasn't attached to it.

Where lore appropriate, perhaps.

Do axe throwing trolls "forge" new axes after they throw them?

Taliesin said the cloud itself was sargeras, or at least that's what it seemed like he said. Idk if sargeras had been brought back to his physical form or not, but before legion he was just an essence traveling through the cosmos. So if he was still in essence form, the cloud surrounding Azeroth could've been sargeras and the titan energy in that beam caused him to re-manifest. So he went from corrupting Azeroth as an essence cloud to simply "if I can't have her nobody can" after he materialized and realized he was fucked.

Could be completely wrong...

I dont have a problem with fantasy stories... i know warcraft world since Warcraft 1 and i understand and love much of its lore.

I just dont think the cinematic makes much sense overall. Deathwing aka a dragon can unleash a cataclysm but a giant of the size of a planet doesnt harm anything besides pushing a sword into the planets core...
    Deathwing broke the world pillar, it literally holds the world up from inside and when it was cracked and broken it helped cause the destruction, not just Deathwing alone. Not to mention he was possessed by an old god who was funneling its power into him. Look at the bigger picture lol.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2017-11-29 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Basically he decided he'd rather have an evil fel-sister working with him than a dead not-void one. And once he realised he wasn't going to get that he decided to go back to the "kill her" plan.
    Not a fel sister -- if you read the research for the Scepter of Sargeras, we learn that he's been lusting after Azeroth after he saw her.
    So thats why he didnt immediately destroy her. But it still doesn't explain all the other holes raised by the cinematic.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you look up throughout the raid at Azeroth, there is no cloud to begin with, but when you are with Aggramar there is that cloud covering it, so I assume he arrived during our raid on Antorus
    The cloud is there during the Command pod fight.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The cloud is there during the Command pod fight.
    The cloud is there the moment you enter the raid.