Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tennessee should go after Les Miles or Bo Pelini.

Also good for FSU if Jimbo leaves. They can actually get a head coach that can win with all that talent down there.

Eh Les couldn't find a decent QB when he had good teams let alone at TN. Bo Pelini couldn't handle Nebraska, not sure I would want him at Tennessee either if I was them. My father in law has been a Nebraska season ticket holder for a very long time, he celebrated when they fired him lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    nononononononononono

*deep breath*

nonononononononono

So he wants to coach at Tennessee, does he have an ounce of coaching experience? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

And apparently Tennessee is talking to Mike Gundy now.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sure Tenessee is even a side grade over Ok State...

- - - Updated - - -

So the Lane Train was a thing...

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/lane...all-owls-funny

and now Tennessee fans wants him back

Apparently Gundy turned it down. If they rehire Kiffin I never want to hear one single complaint ever from a Tennessee fan

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they rehire Kiffin, so my two favorite teams can blow his ass out every single year.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Eh Les couldn't find a decent QB when he had good teams let alone at TN. Bo Pelini couldn't handle Nebraska, not sure I would want him at Tennessee either if I was them. My father in law has been a Nebraska season ticket holder for a very long time, he celebrated when they fired him lol.
    Bo Pelini got fired cause of his attitude. He's mellowed down since. He's a good coach.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Bo Pelini got fired cause of his attitude. He's mellowed down since. He's a good coach.
    He also got fired because he couldn't win big games, and because he stunk pretty bad at using his players. As I said, father in law is a huge Nebraska fan, I know all about why he got fired, and it wasn't just an attitude problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    He also got fired because he couldn't win big games, and because he stunk pretty bad at using his players. As I said, father in law is a huge Nebraska fan, I know all about why he got fired, and it wasn't just an attitude problem.
    You don’t fire a coach that wins 9 games a year without getting someone better.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You don’t fire a coach that wins 9 games a year without getting someone better.
    I didn't say his players didn't get better, I said it was how he used them, two completely different things.

It'll be interesting to see if Ohio State has a real shot to get into the playoff. For the first time I can honestly say that we don't deserve it this year, but then again, 'Bama got smoked when they finally played someone, so I'm not sure how legit they are. Oklahoma (barring an epic collapse where they lose by 30) should end up being ranked ahead of us, as well as the ACC and SEC champs. Hard to get past those big losses, especially head to head vs. Oklahoma if you're comparing the two. I think if OSU pulverizes Wisconsin again (which, to be clear, I DON'T think will happen), we deserve the nod over Alabama tho. 'Bama's schedule is pretty meh overall, and that marquee FSU win is worth nothing at this point considering FSU's nosedive.

Let's be real tho: OSU couldn't demolish a UM team playing its 23rd string QB; even if we manage to beat the Badgers, it's not going to make us any more than spoilers. I posted this a week or so ago I think, but if I thought Wisconsin had a real shot at winning it all, I'd honestly be ok with them winning the B10 title game this year and going on to the playoffs. I don't think they have what it's gonna take tho, but no team has looked invincible this year, so who knows? As long as Alabama, Clemson, and Oklahoma don't win it all, I'm happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am 100% against national champions that couldn't win their conference, so I'm done caring about Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I am 100% against national champions that couldn't win their conference, so I'm done caring about Alabama.
    True, but unfortunately I doubt the committee will leave them out for that; they'll get the boost based on reputation alone.

Timmy for real? Wisconsin is legit.

On Wisconsin!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's official: Fisher to Tex AM.

good luck, but with Bama, LSU and Auburn Id find it hard to compete

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why he would bother leaving FSU. Something must be going on. Especially just to go to Texas A&M.

10+ Year Old Account
    not to mention he'll have difficulty dealing with Tex AM alumni and boosters. Also, if Texas starts rising again and being a hot commodity, TexAM will find it harder to recruit in state.

Speaking of which, Chris Warren is transferring since he's no longer the big RB on campus, Deshawn Elliot and Connor Williams are decalring for the draft and will skip the bowl game.

Cant blame Elliot or Williams. Williams is the top OT this draft and Elliot is probably going to be the top safety.

- - - Updated - - -

and if Michael Dickson doesnt win the Ray Allen award, Im going to go on a rampage. He doesnt just hit super long punts (60+), he is capable form short yardage (40-50 yards from opposing endzone) of getting the ball under the 5 yard line.

Tennessee hires Fulmer as AD, something they should of done before they hired Currie.