Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    If you're a mythic raider it isn't on personal loot. Relics drop from the boss and you know you have a chance to bonus roll if it doesn't drop and then kill it again and again until you run out of coins to farm it. You can't farm the trinkets, you have 2 chances 3 obviously when you can kill mythic argus.
    That's the best part, first few could go to people who don't even want them, just wish they would have at least let us hand them out lol.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    I ran some sims and it showed about 6% dps difference between the 940 and the 1000 ilvl agi trinket (may not be the same for the str or int trinket), which is fairly big for a single item, and quite significant for a high-end mythic player who cares about the race. It's not gamebreaking to any player below that, but it's certainly going to feel shitty to not get it.
    Also gotta compare the increase between that trinket and whatever trinkets they currently have, but it's still a decent upgrade
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

These trinkets are not farmable.
    The trinkets can be coined, so you could have 5+ shots a week if you were that way inclined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Also gotta compare the increase between that trinket and whatever trinkets they currently have, but it's still a decent upgrade
    That's a pretty big swing though going from 1 who got the trinket and another who got theirs 12weeks later that's a pretty extreme case, even then the gap will reduce weekly (providing we don't still get the upgrade tokens to bank until it drops in which case once it drops the gap would close instantly).

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Wait, wait, wait...

Your example basically says: "If another raider gets his trinket week 1 and get yours much later, he has an ilevel 1000 trinket and you don't and that's shitty."

I paraphrased, but that's essentially the gist of your point here, correct? Okay. Going forward. How is that any different than the current loot system? Is it "preeeeeeeetty shitty" when someone gets a higher ilevel relic to drop and you don't? Was it "fair" before in MC when one tank was lucky enough to get Thunderfury, but the off-tank wasn't? Was it "fair" when the other Rogue in our raid got Dragonspine Trophy on our first kill and I never got it period? The only aspect of fairness that should be in the game is class balance. There is no inherent element to fairness in loot drops. Never has been. So why all this over-reacting?

I'm pretty sure this is working as intended. All this drama is coming from entitled players thinking Blizzard should just give them the shit on week 1. RNG is the same as it always has been. The upgrade tokens are not, and should not, be an exception to this rule. Not sure why you guys even assume it should be.

How does it even make sense to you to pretend like this level of RNG is new and somehow unacceptable? Have you been playing some other game that we're not aware of where everyone is ALWAYS equal to each other and if not it hurts your feelings? Wow. The Warcraft playerbase is evolving into a whiny little brat if this is in fact your opinion.
    Uh... because this is vastly different? This item only drops at 940 and can only be upgraded once a week. This is extremely different than how other systems work. Titanforging is not something you work towards, it's something that you have zero control over. You can't make your relic better by farming shit weekly. You just have that relic and are entirely at Blizz's RNG mercy.

You're thinking of this in terms of normal looting but here's a better way to think about it: What if Legion started off with regular weapons and your artifact weapons were random drops? What if you couldn't farm AP AT ALL until you received that drop? Do you not think that's very different? Because this isn't the case of having or not having the item, this is the case that there is a progression system DIRECTLY linked to an item that you may or may not ever get. If you can't even start on that progression system until after you randomly get lucky then there's a huge problem.

And you can't compare these to legendary items at all. Those were exceedingly rare. These trinkets are common enough that everybody will have one eventually. Legendary items were also not entirely random either. It's one thing to say "Hey, this is our main tank. He's getting Thunderfury", but completely different would be if the Bindings were just randomly assigned to a player on boss kill. "Well, I guess the hunter got his legendary weapon because RNG said he won it without letting us get it"

Also, the upgrade tokens aren't random at all. They're a guaranteed 100% drop.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2017-11-29 at 11:16 PM.

If you're a mythic raider it isn't on personal loot. Relics drop from the boss and you know you have a chance to bonus roll if it doesn't drop and then kill it again and again until you run out of coins to farm it. You can't farm the trinkets, you have 2 chances 3 obviously when you can kill mythic argus.
    Nobody is 100% expecting to get a trinket first week they were expecting to see more of them considering the value they are held at. Just like whispers and the owl trinket every caster was farming because it was good and farmable to a point.
    These trinkets are not farmable.
    Yet again, more examples that are irrelevant. The trinket may be less farmable than other raid gear, but you can still farm it.

The ridiculousness of this is that the raid released yesterday, and some of you are here acting disgusted that you didn't get the trinket on your very first kill and somehow that's going to destroy your chances for a Mythic World First kill.

There's really, like, no way to spin that to make it sound less entitled. It's not special. There were no guarantees. It's a boss drop and you didn't get it. Suck it up.

Better luck next week.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    The trinkets can be coined, so you could have 5+ shots a week if you were that way inclined.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a pretty big swing though going from 1 who got the trinket and another who got theirs 12weeks later that's a pretty extreme case, even then the gap will reduce weekly (providing we don't still get the upgrade tokens to bank until it drops in which case once it drops the gap would close instantly).
    Depends if we get the upgrade regardless of having the trinket, or if the trinket automatically upgrades, etc

Depends if we get the upgrade regardless of having the trinket, or if the trinket automatically upgrades, etc
    Yeah i'm really interested to have some light shed on that one next week.

Was happy to confirm in raid last night that they are coinable though.

Yet again, more examples that are irrelevant. The trinket may be less farmable than other raid gear, but you can still farm it.

The ridiculousness of this is that the raid released yesterday, and some of you are here acting disgusted that you didn't get the trinket on your very first kill and somehow that's going to destroy your chances for a Mythic World First kill.

There's really, like, no way to spin that to make it sound less entitled. It's not special. There were no guarantees. It's a boss drop and you didn't get it. Suck it up.

Better luck next week.
    That's not what people are complaining about. You have this so wrong lol

People are only concerned with whether or not the item level upgrade item will be available to you regardless of whether or not you have the item. This is ultimately an item you level up by getting a guaranteed 100% 5 item level increase weekly. If you only give that item to people who are lucky, then you're just having RNG laugh at your face.

This has nothing to do with the trinket drop rate. It has everything to do with whether or not everybody shares that 5 item level bonus item regardless of if they actually received the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Uh... because this is vastly different? This item only drops at 940 and can only be upgraded once a week. This is extremely different than how other systems work. Titanforging is not something you work towards, it's something that you have zero control over. You can't make your relic better by farming shit weekly. You just have that relic and are entirely at Blizz's RNG mercy.

You're thinking of this in terms of normal looting but here's a better way to think about it: What if Legion started off with regular weapons and your artifact weapons were random drops? What if you couldn't farm AP AT ALL until you received that drop? Do you not think that's very different? Because this isn't the case of having or not having the item, this is the case that there is a progression system DIRECTLY linked to an item that you may or may not ever get. If you can't even start on that progression system until after you randomly get lucky then there's a huge problem.

And you can't compare these to legendary items at all. Those were exceedingly rare. These trinkets are common enough that everybody will have one eventually. Legendary items were also not entirely random either. It's one thing to say "Hey, this is our main tank. He's getting Thunderfury", but completely different would be if the Bindings were just randomly assigned to a player on boss kill. "Well, I guess the hunter got his legendary weapon because RNG said he won it without letting us get it"

Also, the upgrade tokens aren't random at all. They're a guaranteed 100% drop.
    Sounds like you have a trinket and are entirely at the mercy of Blizzard's RNG.

I still see no difference. You're just moving goalposts to justify the piss and vinegar. You got a 940 trinket, and now you're waiting to upgrade it. There's, like, literally no difference. It's RNG. Artifact relics = RNG. Legendaries = RNG. Titanforging = RNG. Trinket dropping = RNG. And if upgrades end up not being 100% droprate, well... guess that = RNG. Welcome to World of Warcraft: Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    That's not what people are complaining about. You have this so wrong lol

People are only concerned with whether or not the item level upgrade item will be available to you regardless of whether or not you have the item. This is ultimately an item you level up by getting a guaranteed 100% 5 item level increase weekly. If you only give that item to people who are lucky, then you're just having RNG laugh at your face.

This has nothing to do with the trinket drop rate. It has everything to do with whether or not everybody shares that 5 item level bonus item regardless of if they actually received the trinket.
    So, all this fuss is over an upgrade that gives you 5 ilevels each week? I'm so glad things like this don't bother me.

It's even worse than I thought. Wow.

Sounds like you have a trinket and are entirely at the mercy of Blizzard's RNG.

I still see no difference. You're just moving goalposts to justify the piss and vinegar. You got a 940 trinket, and now you're waiting to upgrade it. There's, like, literally no difference. It's RNG. Artifact relics = RNG. Legendaries = RNG. Titanforging = RNG. Trinket dropping = RNG. And if upgrades end up not being 100% droprate, well... guess that = RNG. Welcome to World of Warcraft: Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

So, all this fuss is over an upgrade that gives you 5 ilevels each week? I'm so glad things like this don't bother me.

It's even worse than I thought. Wow.
    I've got the casual in my sights.

The 940 trinkets are actually small downgrades if you have a good titanforged trinket right now.

I've got the casual in my sights.
    I've got the guy who raids Heroic but pretends to raid Mythic in mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Pro tip: there's a difficulty above heroic that requires pretty high dps output and having these trinkets help with that.
    The groups that will be clearly through Mythic THAT fast for it to matter will not need it. Everyone else will have plenty of time before they get far enough for it to matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    The groups that will be clearly through Mythic THAT fast for it to matter will not need it. Everyone else will have plenty of time before they get far enough for it to matter
    Ok. They're still pretty op and help immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    You crazy? The entire reason high end guilds do split raids at all is specifically because they need that gear.

If you think these guilds aren't going to try as hard as possible to maximize the amount of these trinkets that they have for progression, you are nuts.

It's just like how these guilds dealt with legendaries early on, run 5+ characters per person, and bring whichever ones got the items you want into the raid.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

I've got the guy who raids Heroic but pretends to raid Mythic in mine.
    My toon is literally in my signature??

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    I'm with you. People care about the wrong things.

We've started a little experiment in our raid group.
    Since we're all just people going inside a green portal, kill bosses with some kind of name, loot purple items where all people care about is itemlevel and then go out of the raid, we've decided that it would be nice to have a little extra.
    So I've sent one of our social officers out to look for some lore about the bosses. They all have a (little) story to tell, and we thought it would be nice to give people a little bit of story before we discuss the actual tactics and engage the boss.
    Obviously, this works only the first time we encounter the boss, but it was a success. People loved it.
    All people want is legendaries, higher itemlevel and more epic items, all within a week or two. And me as a lore-nerd, this makes me sad
    This is the worst thing I've ever read on this godforsaken forum. Impressive.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khallid View Post
    The 940 trinkets are actually small downgrades if you have a good titanforged trinket right now.
    Sadly I only half fit that bill. I've got a 940 Specter and a 930 Cinders on my main.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i'm really interested to have some light shed on that one next week.

Oh shit they are?

This is 100% certain? Got a screenshot or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    This is 100% certain? Got a screenshot or anything?
    Sorry no screenshot, it was mentioned on the forums that Belur the pally that got both the legendary and regular trinkets coined the regular so I was skeptical but a guildy did coin their trinket the other night in our raid.

So sadly will only need to take it at face value until there's more concrete than my word.
    Nevertheless, excited ^^