Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Because it simmed highest for me with the previous version of T21. Trinket might have been better but I didn't have that at the time and the tank trinkets from Antorus actually look pretty nice, so that I don't think the leggie trinket will see much play.
    Cindaria is not even good stat-stick, let alone it has effect that was useful literally once in the whole expansion (inside jail of inquisition) legendary trinket has FAR better stats and higher budget, i'm confused why would cindaria even sim near to the middle, yet alone top.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Cindaria is not even good stat-stick, let alone it has effect that was useful literally once in the whole expansion (inside jail of inquisition) legendary trinket has FAR better stats and higher budget, i'm confused why would cindaria even sim near to the middle, yet alone top.
    Possibly because you get concordance + bl from start, and have 2 charges of KS? Also, sim assumes that you kill boss solo, so >90% phase actually lasts longer.

hey, dont forget odyn in HoV

Deleted
    I already said why I didn't consider the trinket. And Cinidaria is still the third best leggie for AoE dps and the fourth one for single target. With chest redundant and trinket not available, what else would I have chosen? It simmed something like 2.3% better than the stagger ring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    hey, dont forget odyn in HoV
    man, I wanted to say that....

Edit: Also it doesn't even matter, because the entire premise of my sims was the 100% reset version of the T21 4p, which was hotfixed later that day. I guess you just don't like cinidaria, but dps wise outside of the obvious 3, it is still the best choice brewmasters have.
    Last edited by mmoc41520863c8; 2017-11-29 at 04:29 PM.

Why Cindaria? Oo
    Is that a serious question? It's best leggo for heavy aoe fights dps wise. No contest. Esp coupled with the shoulders + 4 piece t21. How the fuck did you not know that Cinidaria is aces for aoe fights? Sims are totally not relevant for tank dps, ignore them 100% because nobody has worked on any of them at all to even have a remote clue of what will do the most dps in any situation. It's just far too variable.

But that said. Think about it this way: you're a monk and you're tanking Portal Keeper, so you're solo tanking the boss when other tank and most or all the dps are inside the portal, even beside that specific scenario there's a pretty solid chance you're always gonna get first hit on any adds unless you're just really slow to the punch.

So DPS wise, shoulders/cinidaria aoe, shoulders/trinket single... but more likely shoulders + something else (god forbid not a dps leggo) if you have really solid trinkets already.

I mean sure there's other options but literally no point in even considering them if you can do it and have other gear to compliment it and you don't need more defense.

In my case, I have and have had for some time now, a 955 versa/agi stat stick with leech (read: up until Tuesday there was not a possible better trinket I could equip except the same thing but also with a socket) and I'm an alchemist. I would never consider equipping almost any other trinket at all right now (except pantheon trinkets if they're good, or some kind of immunity/shield trinket that is not legendary for a boss where that's a good way to cheese some mechanic), let alone the shitty Archimonde trinket because the shield is crap and it's not significantly better dps wise than my stat stick other than the I lvl and it's plain not better dps than the alchemist stone.

I don't know about you, but while maintaining ideal stats I'm (after agility) crit (can easily get nearly 40%) and versa (17% healing/dmg on gear) heavy on my gear (948 equipped in bis). You want to max your tank dps focus on those stats, keep your haste no lower than 14% and don't worry too much about mastery, just enough so you can quickly gain high dodge from elusive brawler (30% - is fine).
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-11-30 at 04:55 AM.

Cindaria+Shoulders= your initial keg smashes hitting like a truck on literally every single pull in M+.

Same is true on any fight that has constant spawning adds. Anyone dismissing it is silly, it is a top DPS lego in any of these situations easily.

Deleted
    I would still prefer chest on frequently spawning adds, because you can apply the dot to them pretty regularly.

So far the only boss giving me trouble on my monk was varimathras. The heal stop is really annoying with stagger. It comes in too often to have you purify into low stagger every time, so in the end I ran with leggie head, Reliquary and Archimondes. That way I had a lot of shields and cd's but still needed 2 externals to survive. Anyone got a better way to deal with it?

Varimathras was a pita. I ended up running stagger ring to slow the dot down during misery (3 seconds extra is huge in that window), and bracers to ensure enough brews to be able to stagger pause every swipe. Could have probably swapped bracers with something else, though. Shield trinket would have been handy if swipe was coming in and I wasn't full. On that note, make sure your healers are aware that you absolutely need to be topped off before every swipe or it's gonna be dicey. And then snipe yourself with expel once misery ends just to tick em off.

Cindaria+Shoulders= your initial keg smashes hitting like a truck on literally every single pull in M+.
    Ye i completely missed that option, gonna try this week.

Anyone got a better way to deal with it?
    We had one dedicated disc priest for tanks and i equipped prydaz. no problem whatsoever.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Deleted
    Right, Prydaz seems like a great pick. Should have thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    Anyone got a better way to deal with it?
    I ran stagger ring + MV for defensives. I simply didn't use ISB constantly. I would put it up a couple melees before Shadow Strike, then purify twice after the hit. Fight felt quite good then. Ask healers to make sure to keep you topped off before Shadow strike and then when your debuff drops Ox orbs should top you off instantly without them worrying.

Deleted
    I used orbs to top myself before the hit, because healers topped me after the debuff with no problem. on the other hand we had a lot of new/alt healers in that split and it was just fucking painful. Hopefully it's better if we stop splitting.

I've found that just a simple purify is enough. The most important thing is that your co-tank taunts immediately. After that, you don't take much incoming damage, so your post-purify stagger shouldn't be a threat. Communicate to your healers that you'll be okay even if you dip low.

Deleted
    As was said:
    - be close to topped before hit
    - make sure co tank taunts instantly
    - purify or you can pause stagger damage post hit w bob

it's really easy with the above

10+ Year Old Account
    Chi-Ji’s Battle Gear 4-piece – Dodging an attack now reduces the remaining cooldown of Breath of Fire by 2.0 seconds (was 1.0 seconds).
    k thanks. Still worthless.

They seem to try to balance this set like a DPS tier and have no idea why it doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post

They seem to try to balance this set like a DPS tier and have no idea why it doesn't work.
    coined a 975 tier cloak last week, so ill grab hat or legs for 2 set and be done with it. they will be ilvl upgrades anyway

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post

It's almost like no one at blizzard actually plays and understands brewmaster.

Oh wait, that's exactly the case which is why everything a brewmaster has is either brokenly good or completely worthless depending on the situation. There is no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's almost like no one at blizzard actually plays and understands brewmaster.

Oh wait, that's exactly the case which is why everything a brewmaster has is either brokenly good or completely worthless depending on the situation. There is no middle ground.
    to be fair, the entire game is that way basically. its always too much or not enough. there really is no middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    to be fair, the entire game is that way basically. its always too much or not enough. there really is no middle ground.
    I'm not talking about a spec either being FoTM or not.

I'm literally talking about the spells and toolkit a brewmaster has, literally can change from worthless to broken good on a boss to boss basis.

Deleted
    From ptr to live the set was first nerfed by 93.3%, without testing the new thing. Now they buffed the set by 100% and its still pointless. This set baffles me.