Thread: Next update?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Next update?

Any rumors on when Blizzard will announce their next official update on vanilla?

What/When is the next major industry trade show?

They have an internal build already running as stated in a previous interview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions
    J. Allen Brack: We've got some infrastructure stuff in place. We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup. Then there'll be the design questions, ones that the community will have strong opinions on: should UBRS be 10-person, or 5-person? Things like that
    I'm not expecting a completed product, but if they have questions for the community, I hope they communicate with us, and not collect info via forum posts.
    Last edited by Mullet Man; 2017-11-30 at 06:26 AM.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    Any rumors on when Blizzard will announce their next official update on vanilla?

It will be a very, very long time from now. They still haven't even assembled the vanilla team, so. Expect 'some' info around the release of BfA, and then expect to wait like an additional year.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted

In a long time. There's listings for senior programmers etc on their website so they haven't even begun yet

I'd speculate (nothing behind this but my own guesswork) that we'll see some kind of update 3-6 months after Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

blizzcon 2018
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

if you think they didn't even start to work on this project your living in lala land coz they have already begun. maybe not alot but surely they already started

Is it here yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    They have an internal build already running as stated in a previous interview.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-big-questions
    J. Allen Brack: We've got some infrastructure stuff in place. We've got an old build that's up and running that we're using for reference. Most of this job is going to be infrastructure: making sure everything can work on a more modern setup. Then there'll be the design questions, ones that the community will have strong opinions on: should UBRS be 10-person, or 5-person? Things like that
    I'm not expecting a completed product, but if they have questions for the community, I hope they communicate with us, and not collect info via forum posts.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

No more info for like 6-12 months.

Don't expect constant updates. Actually, i'd say they'll announce a release date next Blizzcon, and it will be like a year away from then.

My guess? Release will be November'19, to mark the 15th anniversary of its release.

Granted, there is much work ahead of Blizzard, but I'd be surprised if they don't provide updates here and there.

They are well aware of an existing fanbase. They'd like to keep the conversation "alive", imo.

I'd surmise random interviews with various gaming outlets multiple times before Blizzcon 2018.

Blizzcon next year they might share some details they've decided on by then.

Oh, you might even get a short gameplay video, or just a screenshot. Playable demo... that'd be pushing it.

Blizzcon 2018.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by drori8 View Post
    if you think they didn't even start to work on this project your living in lala land coz they have already begun. maybe not alot but surely they already started
    By started you mean they have a project lead, and are discussing what they will do yes. But the fact they are actively hiring a team for this, it is obvious it has not left the drawing board yet.

I am sure will will get little bits here and there. The next major update I would think six months at least. I am not expecting classic until 2019 so maybe some major news this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    It will be a very, very long time from now. They still haven't even assembled the vanilla team, so. Expect 'some' info around the release of BfA, and then expect to wait like an additional year.
    This is 100% conjecture. The truth is we don't know. Many of the 'it will never happen' crowd like to spread the misinformation that it will take 2-3 years. However, its nothing but bull that is pure made up trash.

If I had to guess id say 6 months to a year but again that's 100% a guess. They don't have to redesign things, its just infrastructure stuff and logistics.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Deleted
    This is the worst thing they could do. Looking at this forum alone, the community has completely retarded ideas about adding live functionality into the Classic. Blizz should just pick a patch level (I'm OK with any of the early patches) - and just go for release with that.

Fuck the community - we're full of idiots who will mess everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    This is 100% conjecture. The truth is we don't know. Many of the 'it will never happen' crowd like to spread the misinformation that it will take 2-3 years. However, its nothing but bull that is pure made up trash.

If I had to guess id say 6 months to a year but again that's 100% a guess. They don't have to redesign things, its just infrastructure stuff and logistics.
    It's Blizzard. Do you honestly think that they are going to put together Classic in 6 months after its announcement, when they clearly stated that the project has technically not even started.

They don't have a full team yet.

They are not going to release Classic around the same time as their expansion, they will do so in a time of drought. Blizzard will Soon TM that shit and release it at a time convenient for them. It will not be released before BfA, I guaranfuckingtee that.

There is conjecture, but when there are facts and history that back up the conjecture, it moves ever so slightly away from its definition.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Do they not already have a complete build by using the nost code?
    Lol no, nost was based on Mangos which was a broken version of WoW. They fixed it as well as they could but blizzard is not going to release a patched up shit version
    Shadowlands - Server first 60 Rogue on Tarren-Mill EU
    Classic - Server first 60 Rogue on Gandling EU
    Server first Ragnaros, World 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    It's Blizzard. Do you honestly think that they are going to put together Classic in 6 months after its announcement, when they clearly stated that the project has technically not even started.
    Since when has Blizzard announced anything at Blizzcon that hasn't already started development?

It is well and truely under way, despite what they have said.

Time to develop an entire expansion from scratch : about 2-3 years.
    Time to retrofit an expansion in which the content is already completely done, according to the forums : 2-3 years.
    If you don't see a problem here, I can't help you.